Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS ! - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM   #166
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Julia vs. Kirilenko - today 13:30 (CET) on Court 12! So, no show court again, hooray
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:00 AM   #167
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Julia vs. Kirilenko - today 13:30 (CET) on Court 12! So, no show court again, hooray
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM   #168
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
3rd round against Kirilenko
H2H 2-0 for Kirilenko, Julia didn't even won a set yet
So the same scenario for the third time in a row. Julia seems to be in the mood and form to finally beat these girls who have owned her in the past though, so I think it might be time for her to get the win over Kirilenko.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #169
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Hmm, it was not meant to be, then. Anyway, an epic match against Aga and revenge against Lepchenko still make a good week.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM   #170
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

While I agree it was a good week I can´t help but feel a little dissapointed,I thought she had a very good chance to reach the QFs
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM   #171
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by #kArLoS# View Post
While I agree it was a good week I can´t help but feel a little dissapointed,I thought she had a very good chance to reach the QFs
Yeah, I thought that, too (see my comment from yesterday), but... yeah
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #172
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Deceiving from Julia. She really had her chance to the QF. I wished one day she was able to take that necessary step to make something really big.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM   #173
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the way Kvitova just played against Kirilenko we can see that this was a really massive opportunity.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM   #174
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Considering the way Kvitova just played against Kirilenko we can see that this was a really massive opportunity.
Hm, it just showed how good Kirilenko plays at the moment It actually puts Julia's loss a bit into perspective. I think we can be pretty satisfied with Julia's performance at the Olympics. The win against Aga was one of the best matches she has ever played. She backed up this win with a solid performance against Lepchenko, a player she wasn't able to beat before (like Aga). Yes, she didn't make it to 4th round once more but, as I said, Kirilenko seems to be in great form, so losing against her is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't why I am so optimistic but I got the feeling that she has taken another step in her development as a professional tennis player during this week in London. The way she fought back in the match against A.Rad. at 4-4 in the 3rd or against Lepchenko at 3-5 in the 2nd set was really amazing. There she demonstrated a degree of mental toughness at crucial stages which I hadn't seen from her very often before. Maybe this time she really learned something
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #175
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Hm, it just showed how good Kirilenko plays at the moment It actually puts Julia's loss a bit into perspective. I think we can be pretty satisfied with Julia's performance at the Olympics. The win against Aga was one of the best matches she has ever played. She backed up this win with a solid performance against Lepchenko, a player she wasn't able to beat before (like Aga). Yes, she didn't make it to 4th round once more but, as I said, Kirilenko seems to be in great form, so losing against her is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't why I am so optimistic but I got the feeling that she has taken another step in her development as a professional tennis player during this week in London. The way she fought back in the match against A.Rad. at 4-4 in the 3rd or against Lepchenko at 3-5 in the 2nd set was really amazing. There she demonstrated a degree of mental toughness at crucial stages which I hadn't seen from her very often before. Maybe this time she really learned something
I agree with this, but I'm not that optimistic about the learning part. I have been for countless times and it wasn't so
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #176
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
I agree with this, but I'm not that optimistic about the learning part. I have been for countless times and it wasn't so
Maybe in her case the learning process takes place in such small steps that we don't always recognize the improvements she actually made at first sight. But it happens - slowly - but still, it happens. That's at least my theory (or hope ).
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #177
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Maybe in her case the learning process takes place in such small steps that we don't always recognize the improvements she actually made at first sight. But it happens - slowly - but still, it happens. That's at least my theory (or hope ).
Perhaps Another theory would be that it doesn't even matter, she isn't actually fit enough to play her game for a long time. Maybe both
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #178
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Perhaps Another theory would be that it doesn't even matter, she isn't actually fit enough to play her game for a long time. Maybe both
Well, her (not so) new fitness coach (forgot his name) should be able to change this at least. I mean, this is his job.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM   #179
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Well, her (not so) new fitness coach (forgot his name) should be able to change this at least. I mean, this is his job.
Sure and I bet they're on the right track Also, I suppose the lack of motivation in smaller events can be related to this.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM   #180
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Even though she lost to Kirilenko this was a good run at the Olympics.
Especially that stunning victory over Radwanska in the 1st round.

I really think she's been underrated on grass so far. I think she can have more great results in the future on this surface.
And it might turn out to favor her game more than clay.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote