Womens Tennis in General - Page 232 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM   #3466
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
I know nothing is granted in this sport, but with Kirilenko's victory today over Kvitova, do you reckon that Serena almost get the Gold already?

I mean, Azarenka seems unable to beat her, Sharapova is berely offering some resistance to her American nemesis and as much as I like Kirilenko, can she really beat Serena? I guess that leaves Clijsters. I know nothing about her actual form. Does she stand a real chance to beat Serena if they meet? Your thoughts
Either Vika beats her or Serena wins the gold and vice versa, this SF is the real final for me - Whoever wins this won't have any trouble beating the final opponent.

I think Vika can do it if Serena doesn't hit a absolutely perfect serving day. She was pretty close three weeks ago, she was just way too cautious in the first set and Serena served a bit too perfect but both sets were rather close.

If she can force Serena into rallies she has a chance, there were some absolutely insane rallies against Kerber today.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3467
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
I guess that leaves Clijsters.
By the powers invested in me, I now root for Kimmi

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #3468
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Kim winning the gold would be a great story for sure, unfortunately I would be more confident if this was hardcourt.

I still remember that shellacking Kerber gave her and it worries me.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3469
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I think Azarenka has a decent shot. Having played Serena recently on grass she should at the very least have a better idea of what she needs to do to win. I'm not saying that I'm picking Azarenka to win, I wouldn't do that to either her or Jimmie48, but she certainly has a chance. It really depends on Serena's serve. If she serves fifteen-twenty aces there's nothing Azarenka can do but if she has less than ten who knows what might happen?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM   #3470
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF ... Kvitova lost to Kirilenko?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3471
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Unless Serena suddenly plays awful, I think she's gonna win the gold.

I think only Kvitova playing at a pretty high level could have potentially stopped her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Either Vika beats her or Serena wins the gold and vice versa, this SF is the real final for me - Whoever wins this won't have any trouble beating the final opponent.

I think Vika can do it if Serena doesn't hit a absolutely perfect serving day. She was pretty close three weeks ago, she was just way too cautious in the first set and Serena served a bit too perfect but both sets were rather close.

If she can force Serena into rallies she has a chance, there were some absolutely insane rallies against Kerber today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think Azarenka has a decent shot. Having played Serena recently on grass she should at the very least have a better idea of what she needs to do to win. I'm not saying that I'm picking Azarenka to win, I wouldn't do that to either her or Jimmie48, but she certainly has a chance. It really depends on Serena's serve. If she serves fifteen-twenty aces there's nothing Azarenka can do but if she has less than ten who knows what might happen?
Thanks for the answers.

So, it seems you're not believing too much in Clijsters. You never know with her. She goes from stellar to dreadful frommmatch to match. I'll see what she does today against Sharapova. I'm rooting for the Russian, but I'm ok with Kim as long as she plays near her best. I don't remember if she ever won an Olympic medal?

As for Azarenka, she has the game to beat Serena. But for some reason she always fail, even when she has her in the cables. As DownInAHole said, maybe she'll build from her experience on grass against her.

Anyhow, I don't like Serena but she deserves the Gold. She's just the best player out there. That being said, I'll cheer for her opponents as usual
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3472
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
WTF ... Kvitova lost to Kirilenko?
Welcome on Earth The match is long over.

Kirilenko played some great tennis, using all of her skills. Kvitova was firing everything outside the court.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3473
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Does anybody know if the SF are tomorrow or Saturday?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM   #3474
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yep, me too! Cmon Kim!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #3475
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Does anybody know if the SF are tomorrow or Saturday?
Tomorrow as the women's singles final is on saturday.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3476
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Really? I was assuming it was Sunday...okay, even better then, thanks

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #3477
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova receives New Haven WD! I guess her confidence level is the same as Caro's atm! It will be pretty strong field at NH this year!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3478
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Which is of course not exactly good news...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3479
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caro & her team need too look at Kim FH and see if they can develop or get her FH similar too the way Kim one is

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #3480
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Kvitova receives New Haven WD! I guess her confidence level is the same as Caro's atm! It will be pretty strong field at NH this year!
That mean Caro would be the third seed hopefully she make some deep run during the HC season

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote