marion articles thread - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #286
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: marion articles thread

The top seeds in this year’s Family Circle Cup – Caroline Wozniacki, Marion Bartoli, Vera Zvonareva, Nadia Petrova, Daniela Hantuchova, Jelena Jankovic and Samantha Stosur - and former men’s World No. 1 Jim Courier tell us what they do for fitness and nutrition to stay in top playing former : http://www.thedanielislandnews.com/a...o_stay_fit.php

Marion Bartoli (pronounced "BART-oli")

More physical training, no more chocolate

Practice time – tennis vs. fitness: Bartoli said that she has cut back on her tennis time in favor of physical training. "I played tennis for four hours a day, but my game wasn’t improving." So she shifted the emphasis toward physical training and realized the benefits. "By the time you’re 18, 19, or 20 years old, [your tennis stroke] is already inside your brain, [so] you have to switch it up" and focus more on physical training. "During Wimbledon [when she reached the finals], for the entire two weeks I didn’t go out on the practice court. I only used the five minutes before a match to warm up."

Physical training: Bartoli works out every day and says that she has to keep challenging herself "because my body gets used to the tough workouts" quite quickly. Her father, who is an MD, is her physical trainer "and he knows when I’m tired and when I can do a little more. . . . My first thought in the morning is what am I going to do today" in terms of physical training.

Nutrition: "I used to be a big fan of sweets," but Bartoli hasn’t tasted chocolate in over a year, she said. "When you’re younger," she explained, "you don’t have to worry about the sweets, but when you get older, you have to get the [most out of] the food that you eat." Bartoli turns 26 in October.

Pre-match: Bartoli has a plate of pasta the night before her matches.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #287
country flag Tennisking5

Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all

im really happy to see that bartoli is noticing what needs improvement and what works for her. this can only help her game. we've seen the results and the wins against the top player, top 5 players, and top 10 players, but shes gotta become more consistent and eliminate the retirements. she will do well.

DEMENTIEVA KUZNETSOVA

PETKOVIC LISICKI

GO GERMANY, RUSSIA, CROATIA, & SLOVENIJA
Tennisking5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #288
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

Interview of Marion - Saturday 29th

Can you summarize the match? Does everything depend on that set ball, or could you explain the reasons for this defeat more widely?
No, more widely. I had occasions to take the first set. I did not manage to take the first set. Conditions were not to my advantage today.
The courts were wet and slippery, and my opponent is more at ease in that kind of conditions than I am. There were some quite good points in this match. Overall I believe that I have done a correct match, and the audience encouraged me to the end. It was very nice.
I have to work to start the next season on clay being ready right from the beginning. This time maybe I wasn't quite ready, but it was very close. But I don't understand, when the ball is out, how can anybody see it on the line? The ball did not touch the line. There was not a single piece of white mark touching the ball, and they say there is no space between the ball and the line. I don't understand that judgment.

Is it the kind of match that might get you on friendlier terms with the clay? Do you like clay again?
I don't have anything against clay except that it's more difficult for me to play on clay. I know why. It's due to my physical characteristics and my type of play. But it's a challenge for me, and I take it as a good challenge.
This match shows me where I need to improve for next year. Clay will always be a bigger challenge for me than other surfaces, but every year Roland Garros is my main objective, and I will continue to do so until the end of my career.

Wasn't this match for you a tactical fight more than anything else? Of course you each had a different tactic, but we really felt like it was a big tactic fight between you. She was trying to take you on the off foot with dropshots, trying to play on your forehand. Was that a tactic fight?
Yes, of course, but my only regret is that during the first set I had a set ball in the tiebreak, and I missed my backhand. I tried to play crosscourt, and that is my only regret. That is my main mistake.
She played very often on my backhand, and instead of playing along the line as I did in the second set, I tried to play crosscourt, and she gained confidence again and that will be my only regret.
Now, if the surface had been drier and the conditions faster, I would have been in a better position, but that's the way it is. I need to get to grips with it.
I think again this is going to be a good lesson to improve on that kind of surface.

You said you had regrets regarding that set ball? She served it 120 kilometers an hour.
It's not a question of the serve speed. Her serve today was very difficult for me to attack. The ball was dead. It had no weight whatsoever, and she came forward to the net.
And since it was raining, there was clay flying and the balls went really high without any speed.
How do you give speed to that kind of ball to do a winning return? On clay, it's impossible. In such a tense moment I could not try to play a winning return. It would have been a suicide, so I tried to play the point, and I made a wrong call.
But on such a ball, with no speed whatsoever, on clay, with wind, it's very difficult to try a winning point, a winning return. It's the kind of stroke that has very little chances of succeeding.

What we saw on TV confirmed that the set ball was out with the Hawk Eye. Do you think we should put Hawk Eye on clay?
Well, then it reassures me. It means that I have good eyes. Maybe you should show this to the line judge.
But if we use the Hawk Eye on television, why don't we use it on the courts? I mean, it would make everybody happy. Everybody would be relieved. It would avoid mistakes, especially if we don't agree on the mark, and then the mark is judged and interpreted differently according to the judge.
If there is a technology available that can be shown on television to TV viewers, then why not use it on the court?

You said that clay was a bigger challenge for you, but you don't seem to be the only one because there are no more French women players in the tournament now. Same question every year. How do you explain the fact that the French players do not succeed well on clay?
There are several explanations. There are only two seeded players, so when you only have two women players who are seeded, there are very few chances you'll find them in the second week.
And also, the second explanation is that when you grow up and you learn playing tennis, you learn to play on hardcourts more than on clay.
I mean, as far as I'm concerned, all my regional championships were done on hardcourts. All the open tournaments that you play when you're 13 or 14 and you're ranked in France, less than 15, then you all play on hardcourts. The first time I played on clay was the French championship Under 16s.
So the first time you set foot on a clay surface you're 15, and all the Spanish players, all the foreign players training in Spain play all night, day in and day out on clay. It's very difficult to be competitive.
So it's not just the surface. It's due to the fact that today there were only two players, Aravane and myself, seeded. If you take the number of Russian seeded players or American seeded players, I mean, Serena, Venus is a case by herself, but otherwise they have a greater chance of being there in the second week.

For a while there were quite a number of players in the top 20, but only Mary Pierce ever played really well here.
As far as I remember Amélie has done quarterfinals several times, and Sandrine also, and Julie as well has played well here. But as I said, we have a clay Grand Slam tournament in France without having the necessary training for players. At INSEP, it's hardcourts. At CNE, it's hardcourts. All the training centers have hardcourts. We only train on hardcourts. Why don't we have clay courts? We have better results in the US Open, and it makes sense. We learn to play between the ages of 8 and 14.
If you learn all your technical reflexes on the hardcourts, then it's very difficult to transfer this to clay when you're older.

Isn't it a deeper problem, because in the US Open there were no French players in the round of 16? So the clay is one issue, but the fact that we don't have French players in the round of 16?
I was in the US Open. I lost last year in three sets to Clijsters. I can't say that my draw was perfect. But again, I think the issue is more due to the fact that we have fewer seeded players or few players in the top 32, and therefore, it's difficult for us to beat top 30 players. It all adds up.

What do you think of the way Shahar Peer's play is evolving? Is she more aggressive physically?
I think she always has played really well on clay for several years. She had an off year I think starting in 2008. Before that she had already done twice round of 16 here. She beat Dementieva. She played against Hingis very well.
She's always played well on clay. Her main strength was that she came back, whereas she had had an off year, and very few people can climb back to the right level. Chakvetadze, same, when she started going down could not come up again. So she's very strong, because she went below top 15 and came back up again.

You said that this match is going to be helpful for you for the next season. Why is that? Are you going to change anything in your approach and preparation towards Roland Garros?
I think it's going to be helpful for tactical purposes first. I will understand better what to do to play better on clay. Also I think that I'm going to change the way I prepare towards this tournament. I don't know. I have to see.
I mean, this is these are working assumptions, but rather than staying on green clay after Miami, I probably will take two or three weeks to prepare my fitness, because the fitness necessary to play on clay is different.
So I need preparation specifically for clay, and also, I need to learn how to move better on clay. It's only since Roland Garros that I move well on clay. In the previous three tournaments I couldn't slide, I wasn't feeling well, I didn't have good footing on clay. Now I'm starting to feel better. So I think this is going to be my main preparation, three week preparation after Miami to be ready for the red clay season in Europe.

The work you do on clay to prepare for the clay season, is it helpful for grass?
Oh, yes, although the height of the balls and the speed are different, because when I can move on clay, then my footing on grass is also better.
Then I can use and leverage my forward play, I can take my balls early, everything that is my strength on grass. I played well in 2007 because I had very good footing on grass, and I moved really well. It already had started beforehand on Roland Garros, and then I moved on to grass, for the grass season, and it continued. So I'm in a much better position than last year to start the year's grass season this year.
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM   #289
country flag Drine

Interview of Marion Bartoli - Monday 21 June

Q. What are your thoughts on what's taken place with the French team in the World Cup? If you've already addressed this in French, I apologize.

MARION BARTOLI: I think here it's Wimbledon, it's the tennis, and I don't really want to speak about soccer. But, you know, I can't do anything about it obviously. I'm just trying to focus on my tennis.

I'm sad that they lost because I'm a huge soccer fan and I watch every single match, but what can I do? I mean, I can't react to it. It's not what I'm supposed to do. I mean, I read like you did probably, but I can't say who is right, who is wrong, what happened.

I know I can sometimes think like that, I want say some stuff like that. Also, sometimes when you are very nervous or when you get very tight or whatever you can have some bad words. You're maybe sometimes thinking too and not saying loudly, but sometimes it can just happen.

Q. Do you have any reaction to the government getting involved with the situation with the team?

MARION BARTOLI: Again, I mean, if Mr. Sarkozy wants to say something, it's his right to do so. But I think he has also sometimes been not very nice against everyone, so…

You know, I think in every situation, everyone can sometimes just fell apart and say some bad words. But I don't think Nicolas Anelka is a bad guy. I think it was just the situation and being frustrated and being upset with maybe the way he was playing and don't feel good in this team.

You know, sometimes it can just happen. I mean, you don't have to judge all the time. Everyone said, Oh, this is not the thing to do or this is bad, this is right to do. I think I'm just saying that everyone sometime can just blow away. It just can happen.

I'm trying not to judge anyone. I'm trying to judge myself, but not judging anyone. I think it's a good start in life. I mean, you can judge yourself, but I don't think it's a good thing to judge the other one, because you don't know what they are feeling, what they are going through, whatever.

Q. Is there a greeting or message you would like to send to the players of the French team?

MARION BARTOLI: You know, I'm a sportsperson, so I know what they're feeling obviously, because it's very tough when you're playing for your country and you don't play well

Could we talk about tennis here ?
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM   #290
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Thanks to journalists....
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #291
country flag Drine

The 14th-ranked Bartoli beat American Ashley Harkleroad, 6-1, 6-4, Tuesday morning.

The fourth-seeded Frenchwoman beat Harkleroad for the first time in three meetings, though it was their first meeting in six years.

"She played really well, especially in the second set," Bartoli said. "For someone who hasn't played that much lately, she was giving me a hard time out there."

Bartoli, who faces wildcard Ana Ivanovic in the second round Thursday night, won 81 percent of her first serve points to overwhelm Harkleroad.

"The matches Ana and I have had in the past have been really, really close," Bartoli said. "I'm definitely looking forward to it. I think this is great preparation for me if I want to do well at the U.S. Open."

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/s...y.php?id=17709

Marion Bartoli won her fifth and biggest career title here a year ago and got off to a winning start at the Premier stop again, beating Ashley Harkleroad in straight sets on a sunny Monday afternoon.

Bartoli, who beat Venus Williams in the final last year and is the No.4 seed this year, came out on fire against Harkleroad, taking the first set in 27 minutes; she went down a break early in the second set but won anyway, 61 64.

Bartoli's Stanford title from last year is the biggest of her career so far, but she has spoken about some loftier goals here this year: "I'm really happy about my season so far and I'm hoping to continue like that," she said. "I'm desperate to be back in the final of a Grand Slam. That's my main goal. My second goal is to have a one digit ranking, but that will come with my results."

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/n...256076_2103931
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #292
country flag Drine

Bartoli gets her first win in 4 career matches against Ivanovic

If you read the headline you know that Miss Bartoli defeated Miss Ivanovic tonight, 6-3, 6-4. And Bartoli was without question the better player. The only thing that remains in question about the affair was the exact color that Miss Bartoli was wearing. It was kind of yellow, I guess.

Other than that, there are very few questions to ask about Bartoli’s game this week. Except for “How is it that you manage to dominate everyone that you play?” We all know she’s been to the BOTW finals for two consecutive years, and we all know that she is an absolute terror to play against. When you’re as intense as Bartoli is, you’re going to get some wins. Maybe more than some.

Marion is raw and uncensored as a player, and she is relentless as a competitor. That alone is good enough for more than some wins. Add to that her uncanny ability to open up the court and take away time from her opponent (two separate but lethal entities), and you’ve got a mystery that’s pretty hard to solve.

For those who are waiting with bated breath to find out how Miss Ivanovic played, let me comfort you by saying that the 2nd set was close. I’m not sure I can say a whole lot more than that because Bartoli was very much in control of the tilt.

That being said, Ana mounted enough of a resistance to draw even at 4-4, and had a break point to serve for the second set. But just when Ivanovic looked to produce some magic, Bartoli tapped on the accelerator and raced away. She broke for 5-4, then followed with the jugular break of serve to secure the win.

I’m told Bartoli was very entertaining in her presser by my intrepid colleagues who were there. I was out beneath the stars watching Lindsay Davenport and Liezel Huber (combined age 37, combined doubles titles, 79). I did sit in on Ana’s presser and I’ll have to make that a separate piece because there is a lot to discuss when it comes her.

http://www.onthebaseline.com/2010/07...i-holds-court/
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 07:39 AM   #293
country flag Lighter

On lequipe.fr today

http://translate.google.fr/translate...ml&sl=fr&tl=en

Tennis - U.S. Open (F)
Bartoli : «Je suis prête» Bartoli: "I'm ready"
Victorieuse (6-3, 6-2) d'Edina Gallovits, Marion Bartoli continue sur la lancée de son été fructueux. Victorious (6-3, 6-2) of Edina Gallovits, Marion Bartoli continues the momentum of its fruitful. Elle se sent dans la meilleure forme de sa carrière et affrontera Virginie Razzano au deuxième tour. She feels in the best shape of his career and will face Virginie Razzano in the second round.

"Marion Bartoli, what do you think of your first round?
Un premier tour de Grand Chelem n'est jamais évident. A first round of Grand Slam is never easy. Je n'avais jamais joué contre Edina. I had never played against Edina. Ce n'est donc pas facile d'être libérée. It is not easy being released. J'ai commis plus de fautes que d'habitude, mais j'ai su serrer le jeu quand il le fallait. I made more mistakes than usual, but I knew the game tight when it was needed. Je savais que j'avais un premier tour assez difficile aujourd'hui (lundi) contre une joueuse qui a un jeu très défensif et que je devais jouer beaucoup de coups. I knew I had a difficult first round today (Monday) against a player who plays very defensive and I had to play a lot of shots. Je m'y étais préparée mentalement et j'ai réalisé un entraînement très difficile samedi qui m'a permis d'être prête. I had become mentally prepared and I made a very difficult drive Saturday allowed me to be ready. Globalement, c'est donc satisfaisant comme premier tour. Overall, it's so satisfying as the first round.

Comment se traduit cette pression liée au Grand Chelem ? How is this pressure of the Grand Slam?
Les jambes vont un petit peu moins vite, on est un peu plus lourde sur les appuis. The legs are a little slower, it is a little heavier on the supports. Avec mon jeu d'attaque, j'ai tendance à prendre la balle un peu moins tôt. With my attacking game, I tend to take the ball a little less early. Ce sont des petits détails et la marge est tenue entre un jeu excellent et moyen. These are small details and the margin is required between an excellent game and means. Si je commence à reculer et à laisser beaucoup d'espace entre la balle et moi, je joue moins bien. If I start to retreat and leave plenty of space between the ball and I played less well. Il faut aussi savoir ne pas être trop exigent avec soi-même et faire avec. Also be aware not to be too demanding with yourself and deal with it. On sait que c'est comme ça pour tout le monde. We know it's like that for everyone. Il faut arriver à passer et cela s'améliore au fur et mesure. We must come to pass and it improves progressively.

Est-ce que l'enchaînement de matches et de victoires équilibre la fatigue accumulée ? Does the sequence of matches and victories balance accumulated fatigue?
C'est une balance. It's a balance. Quand je me retrouve dans une situation un peu difficile comme aujourd'hui (lundi) , j'ai l'habitude et je sais la gérer. When I find myself in a somewhat difficult as today (Monday), I used and I know the deal. Bien sûr, j'ai une petite fatigue dans les jambes qui s'est accumulée parce que j'ai eu des matches difficiles. Of course, I have a little fatigue in the legs that has accumulated because I had tough matches. Je considère que je suis tellement entraînée que je peux passer au-dessus de la fatigue et que l'expérience des matches est irremplaçable. I consider that I am so driven that I can go over the fatigue and that experience is irreplaceable matches. L'important est donc d'avoir accumulé de la confiance et d'avoir su me sortir de situations difficiles. The important thing is to have earned the confidence and be able to get out of difficult situations. Cela me permet de mieux gérer mes matches. This helps me better manage my matches.

«Je me sens dans la meilleure forme de ma carrière» "I feel in the best shape of my career"

Pouvez-vous expliquer ce que vous apporte la confiance concrètement sur le court ? Can you explain what you actually provided the confidence on the court?
On a les idées beaucoup plus claires. It was much clearer ideas. On sait analyser la situation et cela aide à être beaucoup plus lucide sur le terrain plutôt que de commencer à penser négativement. We can analyze the situation and it helps to be much more lucid on the ground rather than start thinking negatively. Je reste avec une pensée positive. I am left with a positive thought. Ensuite, on tente beaucoup plus et on a confiance en ses coups. Then we try and be more confident in his shots. Chez un joueur de tennis, la confiance est très difficile à acquérir et cela se perd très vite. In a tennis player, confidence is very difficult to acquire and it is lost very quickly. Quand on l'a, il est vrai qu'il est plus facile de gérer les matches. When it has, it is true that it is easier to manage the games.

Comment vous sentez-vous physiquement ? How do you feel physically?
J'ai fait une période d'entraînement intense après Wimbledon chez moi en Suisse avec des séances cardio difficiles (Ndlr : 3 jours de repos seulement après Wimbledon pour le mariage de son frère) . I made an intensive training period after Wimbledon at home in Switzerland with cardio sessions difficult (Editor's note: only three days rest after Wimbledon for his brother's wedding). Cela m'a permis d'être tout de suite prête pour Stanford et de tenir tout l'été avec des conditions de chaleur extrême. This allowed me to be immediately ready for Stanford and take all summer with extreme heat. Aujourd'hui, je me sens dans la meilleure forme de ma carrière. Today, I'm in the best shape of my career.

Au prochain tour, vous affrontez Virginie Razzano. Next turn, you face Virginie Razzano. Vos relations étaient un peu tendues l'an dernier à Eastbourne. Your relations were somewhat strained last year at Eastbourne. Où en êtes-vous ? Where are you?
La situation s'est bien apaisée. The situation is much calmer. En un an, les choses ont eu le temps d'évoluer, il ne faut pas ressasser les vieilles rancoeurs. In one year, things have had time to evolve, do not rehash old grievances. C'est oublié. Is forgotten. Le point positif est qu'il y aura une Française au troisième tour. The good thing is that there will be a French woman in the third round. C'est déjà pas mal compte-tenu des résultats qu'on a toutes réalisés sur les derniers Grands Chelems. It's not bad in view of the results we have all made on the last Grand Slam. On peut déjà être satisfait. It may already be satisfied. Ce sera un match comme un autre. This will be a game like any other. Je n'ai pas vu Virginie jouer pendant toute la tournée d'été. I have not seen Virginia play during the summer tour. Ce sera une quasi découverte, mais je serai prête à faire mon maximum. It will be a quasi-discovery, but I'm ready to do my best. Il faudra que j'arrive à m'adapter sur le terrain, mais j'ai les moyens de le faire.» - Recueilli par Sophie DORGAN, à New-York. It will adjust as I can on the ground, but I can afford to do so. "- Interview by Sophie Dorgan, New York.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #294
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli vise loin

Marion Bartoli va bientôt faire son entrée en lice dans l’Open d’Australie, contre la Française Virginie Razzano. A quelques heures de son match, la numéro 9 mondiale est sereine et dispose d’une pleine confiance pour réaliser un bon tournoi : « J’ai bien travaillé cet hiver, et je pense être dans une très bonne forme, confie la quart de finaliste 2009 à Melbourne. Je démarre avec un niveau de jeu qui est nettement plus élevé que la saison dernière. Je prends cette année avec beaucoup plus d’enthousiasme, car je me sens avec un statut de Top 10. Je le mérite car je suis allé chercher mon classement. Je ne pense pas être une favorite, mais j’espère aller loin dans ce tournoi, pour moi et pour le tennis français. Mais un tournoi du Grand Chelem est long, et très difficile, autant sur le plan mental que sur le plan physique. »
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #295
country flag Lighter

And this one : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...-epanouie.html

« Marion Bartoli, existe-il un enthousiasme particulier pour ce premier Grand Chelem de la saison ?
Cette année, je prends la saison avec plus d'enthousiasme parce que je me sens vraiment avec un statut de top 10. J'ai réussi une année pleine en 2011 et j'ai mérité ma place. Puis j'ai vraiment tout fait à l'entraînement. Quand on se sent prête, on se sent aussi mieux parce qu'on sait que les heures d'entraînement vont payer. Cette année, je démarre avec un niveau de jeu nettement plus élevé que l'an dernier. Ensuite, on verra pour les résultats.

«Peu de marge entre le top 10 et le reste»

Quels sont les signes de votre forme ?
J'ai gagné tous mes matches en contre (Ndlr : face à des joueuses moins bien classées) avec de la marge et les rencontres face à des filles du top 5 ont toutes été très accrochées. Contre Vika (Azarenka) la semaine dernière, c'était d'un niveau très élevé et très intense, mais j'avais bien récupéré le lendemain. Sur la Hopman Cup, j'ai pu faire deux matches dans la journée et je n'étais pas fatiguée. J'ai effectué une super préparation. Je me sens bien, épanouie et très à l'aise. L'expérience me permet d'aborder les choses de manière différente et de ne pas commettre les mêmes erreurs. J'essaie d'agir naturellement, de rester moi-même et de m'appliquer dans tout ce que je fais.

«Le chemin est très long en Grand Chelem. Il ne faut pas se voir trop belle. Chaque match est dur à gagner.»

Vous considérez-vous comme favorite ?
Non. Je ne vois pas ça sous cet angle-là. J'essaie de m'appliquer tous les jours à l'entraînement et de donner le maximum. Mais chaque match est très difficile à gagner, le niveau se resserre énormément. On n'a pas beaucoup de marge, il faut être très vigilante et surtout ne pas voir trop loin. Le chemin est très long en Grand Chelem. Il ne faut pas se voir trop belle. Chaque match est dur à gagner.

Le tournoi est-il très ouvert ?
C'est très ouvert et en même temps très fermé car on tourne toujours autour des mêmes noms. Aujourd'hui, il existe très peu de marge entre le top 10 et le reste. Tout le monde est quasiment prenable. C'est donc très difficile de faire des pronostics. Si je dois citer des noms, je dirais Serena (Williams), Kim (Clijsters), Maria (Sharapova), c'est-à-dire des filles qui ont déjà gagné ici et remporté des Grands Chelems. » - Recueilli par Sophie DORGAN, à Melbourne
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #296
country flag Lighter

L’Équipe vendredi 23 mars 2012 - page 15
Titre : Ça se passe comme ça chez Bartoli »
Auteur : Christine Thomas (à Miami, USA)

Mercredi après-midi, court n°10 de Crandon Park. Marion Bartoli, levée depuis sept heures du matin, s’apprête à commencer son deuxième entraînement intensif de la journée. Walter, son père et coach, s’apprête, lui, à tourbillonner autour d’elle et à vérifier en une heure chrono certains des fondamentaux qui lui sont chers, tels que le jeu de jambes, l’intensité sur les appuis, le placement de profil, l’accélération, le jeu décroisé, le retour de service, l’orientation des épaules et mille autres « petites » choses… Une fois n’est pas coutume, la séance s’est déroulée devant des spectateurs ravis. Car la plupart du temps, les Bartoli père et fille s’isolent sur les courts d’hôtel ou dans de petits clubs alentour. Ici donc, pour Marion Bartoli, point de service en équilibre sur une boîte de conserve ou de course vers l’avant, un élastique dans le dos accroché au grillage. Mais la séance, qui sera suivie d’un travail physique à l’hôtel jusqu’à 19h30, n’a pas été de tout repos.

----------
16 heures. Marion Bartoli entre sur le court avec son père et Dominika Cibulkova (18ème mondiale), sa sparring-partner du jour. Pendant vingt minutes, elles vont enchaîner coups droits et revers du fond de court.

[« Décroise, décroise ! »]
Walter Bartoli tourne autour de sa fille. Premier objectif du jour : qu’elle oriente le jeu de façon plus précise, qu’elle se concentre sur des zones, qu’elle maîtrise mieux les changements de direction rapides. « Ça fait partie de son jeu à deux mains de trouver des angles et de changer de direction pour laisser son adversaire dans l’incertitude. On doit le travailler sans arrêt. Aujourd’hui, je lui ai demandé de jouer décroisé. » Tandis que Marion s’acharne, Walter l’observe sous tous les angles. Le transfert du corps et des jambes, les qualités de prise d’appuis, l’angle de ses mains… tout est passé à la vision laser.

[« Ça va les chaussures ? »]
Marion essaie de nouvelles chaussures, fabriquées sur mesure, un peu similaires à celles des sprinteurs avec une structure très rigide en fibre de carbone sous la voûte plantaire permettant de retransmettre intégralement la poussée du pied. « La spécificité de Marion est qu’elle joue énormément avec les pieds, explique son père. Elle a d’énormes qualités de voûte plantaire et de tonicité de pieds, donc il faut pour nous que la chaussure soit extrêmement rigide, de telle sorte qu’elle réponde parfaitement aux stimulations de sa voûte plantaire.»

[« Accélère, accélère ! »]
Marion Bartoli est une joueuse consciencieuse qui déteste perdre la maîtrise du jeu. Même pendant les entraînements, elle a tendance à trop vouloir contrôler sa balle. L’autre objectif du jour est de la pousser à accélérer. « À Miami, avec le vent, on peut vite tomber sur des balles qui planent. Et avec l’humidité, elles peuvent devenir lourdes. Générer de la puissance demande à Marion plus d’effort que dans d’autres tournois. Or si on la laisse faire, elle reste sur un mode « contrôle », pour être sûre de ne pas donner de points. Je la pousse à passer à l’étape supérieure, qui est de contrôler la balle par des accélérations de meilleure qualité. »

[« Ça va ta raquette ? »]
Walter Bartoli a trois raquettes sous le bras. Sa fille essaie un nouveau modèle plus dynamique -elle joue avec des raquettes rallongées- et un nouveau cordage (tendu à 25) avec une jauge très fine qu’elle peut se permettre d’utiliser car son jeu à plat et sa capacité à centrer la balle, la Française ne « casse » presque jamais. Objectif : générer plus de puissance et de contrôle. « Certaines filles jouent avec des planches à repasser. Pour Marion, il faut que sa raquette soit souple. »

----------
16h20. Après ce premier tiers d’entraînement consacré aux frappes de balles, Marion Bartoli passe à la pièce maîtresse : le service.

[« Mets plus de vitesse dans ton avant-bras ! »]
Jeune, la Française avait un service catastrophique, la faute à un manque de puissance dans le haut du corps. En 2011, elle a pourtant fini l’année avec le record d’aces (270) du circuit féminin. Objectif de la séance : générer encore plus de puissance… et de confiance. « Marion a toujours eu un déficit relatif de tonus du haut du corps. Il nous a fallu trouver d’autres solutions pour compenser, notamment par le dynamisme de jambes. Mais outre ce moteur principal, elle peut trouver des ressources supplémentaires et de la puissance par une accélération dans son avant-bras. Comme elle l’occulte souvent, je le lui rappelle. » Depuis deux ans, son service s’améliore. Et elle tend à frapper ses secondes balles aussi fort que les premières, bravant le risque de perdre son fameux contrôle, en commettant des doubles fautes.

[« Prends des risques ! »]
Comme elle a l’habitude d’avoir une prise à deux mains dans le jeu (coup droit et revers), des adaptations de prise à une main sont nécessaires au moment de servir. « Marion a tendance à prendre une prise intermédiaire au service qui lui apporte de la sécurité mais qui génère moins de vitesse. Là aussi, je la pousse à prendre des risques. » En prenant une prise plus extrême.

----------
16h40. Place aux jeux. Sans compter les points Marion et sa partenaire passent en mode match.
Marion transpire de tout son corps et donne ce qu’elle a en elle. Sur le bord du court, les curieux, surpris d’un tel engagement, demandent quel est son nom. Insatiable et gagneuse, elle gagne un dernier point grâce à un ace sur la ligne. Puis elle vient s’abriter un peu à l’ombre. Son père lui pose tendrement une serviette sur les épaules. Il est 17 heures, l’entraînement touche à sa fin.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Le match qui a changé leur relation…
Sur le court d’entraînement, Walter Bartoli a la voix douce. Il est aux petits soins pour sa fille.
« Il y a deux hommes en lui : le coach et le papa, décrypte Marion. Quand il me dit une chose sur le ton incisif, c’est du style : « Mais fais attention… ma puce ! » Dans « ma puce », c’est papa qui revient. J’ai besoin de quelqu’un qui me dise la vérité, qui ne soit pas dans le suraffectif. Mais avoir cet amour m’aide énormément. Ça fait mieux passer les choses que d’être dans l’agressivité, voire l’humiliation. »

Mais tout ne s’est pas toujours passé ainsi et son père avoue que, plus jeune, il était plus agressif. « J’ai changé grâce à la maturité et à l’amélioration de mes compétences », dit-il. La maturité, et aussi une révélation. « Il y a eu un tournant dans notre relation, raconte-t-elle, la demi-finale de Wimbledon gagnée face à Justine Henin en 2007. Au troisième set, alors que je menais 5-0, j’ai vu dans ses yeux qu’il se disait : « Ce n’est pas possible… » Comme elle m’avait infligé une correction à Eastbourne juste avant, il ne pensait pas que je pouvais la battre. Il me disait tout le temps : « T’as vu Justine, comment elle fait bien ceci, ou cela… » J’en avais marre d’entendre ça et un matin je me suis dit que j’allais lui montrer que je pouvais la battre. J’avais une espèce de défi vis-à-vis de lui. C’est un réel tournant entre nous deux. Quand je suis sortie du court, moi j’étais totalement lucide sur ce que je venais de faire. Lui, il m’a dit : « Quand même, ce n’est pas un peu trop ? » Il semblant dépassé. »
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #297
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

I got it by twitter:

quote:
"Marion Bartoli to Olympics" petition. Spread the word in case you care. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/m...i-to-olympics/ #London2012 #olympicspirit

signed
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #298
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Marion Bartoli, malade, éliminée d'entrée à Rome

ROME (Reuters) - Marion Bartoli, souffrant d'une laryngite, a été balayée 6-3 6-1 par Julia Görges, 29e mondiale, dès son entrée en lice mercredi au tournoi de Rome.
Habituellement bagarreuse, la numéro un française, tête de série numéro sept, a subi le jeu de l'Allemande, connue pour avoir remporté le tournoi de Stuttgart l'an passé.
Visiblement mal à l'aise sur le petit court 4, sans énergie, Marion Bartoli a essuyé une rafale de coups gagnants. C'est sa deuxième défaite consécutive au premier tour après son échec il y a dix jours à Madrid face à la Roumaine Sorana Cirstea.
"Cela fait une dizaine de jours que je traîne un virus", a fait savoir Marion Bartoli par téléphone après avoir été exemptée de conférence de presse par la WTA.
"C'est une sorte de laryngite. Sur le court, je me sens très faible. A la fin, j'avais des larmes de frustration. Après Charleston, je me suis soumise à une grosse préparation et c'est décevant que tous ces efforts soient anéantis", a-t-elle ajouté.
A dix jours de Roland-Garros, où elle a atteint la demi-finale l'an dernier, Marion Bartoli veut rester optimiste.
"En terme de résultats, je me retrouve dans la même situation que l'an dernier. J'avais obtenu le déclic au tournoi de Strasbourg. Cette fois, j'espère que ce sera à Bruxelles la semaine prochaine", a-t-elle dit.
La numéro un française est également revenue sur sa probable non-sélection pour les Jeux Olympiques, en s'en prenant une nouvelle fois aux dirigeants de la Fédération française.
"Je suis déçue que la Fédération me manque de respect", a déclaré Marion Bartoli, qui a promis dans une interview de mener une "guerre" contre les dirigeants fédéraux.
"J'ai employé le mot de 'guerre' avec un journaliste américain mais je suis plus blessée qu'en colère. Je m'exprimerai après les Jeux Olympiques mais je ne veux pas perturber les filles qui peuvent encore se qualifier. Je ne comprends pas qu'on ne mesure pas tout ce que cela coûte pour arriver au haut niveau", a-t-elle ajouté.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #299
country flag ruberdcky

ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice ruberdcky is just really nice

Both sides of the Marion-to-Olympics debate argued. I'm sad that she isn't there to represent France.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aztX8-BHI
ruberdcky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #300
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruberdcky View Post
Both sides of the Marion-to-Olympics debate argued. I'm sad that she isn't there to represent France.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aztX8-BHI
This video has the same issues that every discussion on this has had. It does not take into account the whole picture. It wasn't a case of Marion just being too dependent and FFT holding their ground for obvious reasons. It has to do with her younger juniour days and all the negative interactions with the FFT and the unfair criticism of Walter. Sure maybe Marion could put aside past injustices and play for the Team but I understand why she won't. It's just frustrating when people paint Walter out to be a monster and Marion out to be stunted emotionally in some way. The comparison to Damir Dokic et al was way off base also. If Marion loses or decided to stop playing at any time that is and would be fine.