Aussies at the Olympics - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Aussies at the Olympics

Well, it's nearly time for the Olympic team announcements.

Who do you think will be our reps?

Sam and Tomic are certainties of course, but Jarka and Ebden's spots not so clear.

I'm guessing TA/AOC will nominate Case/Nastya for doubles (along with Hewitt in men's) and hope they scrape in or can get a WC.

But what about the doubles combos - especially mixed?
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #2
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies at the Olympics

Dellacqua/Stosur
Gajdosova/Rodionova

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

mixed will be Stosur/Hewitt
womens will be Stosur/Dellacqua
mens will be Hewitt/ Ebden I think.......
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM   #4
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Any news on whether Sam will be playing mixed doubles?
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #5
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen the draws for the Olympics??

Stosur:
R1 v. Carla Suarez Navarro
R2 v. Clijsters (likely)
R3 v. Ivanovic

Gajdosova/Rodionova
R1 v. [6]Makarova/Vesnina (RUS)

Dellacqua/Stosur
R1 v. [8]Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez (ESP)

crap draws. let's pray for a miracle!
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #6
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Fox don't think much of Olympic Tennis. Day 1 is on delayed starting at 4am on Sunday morning. They need more channels

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #7
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Sam was never going to get far in singles but at least she has a winable R1 match having beaten Navarro at Wimbledon and being the underdog against Kim ahould help her and hopefully she can just go out swinging.

Tough doubles draws but I'd give both teams a chance to move into R2 with Casey and Sam outside chances at a bronze medal. Anyone know who our team will be for the mixed? I'd go with Sam and Lleyton.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #8
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
Sam was never going to get far in singles but at least she has a winable R1 match having beaten Navarro at Wimbledon and being the underdog against Kim ahould help her and hopefully she can just go out swinging.

Tough doubles draws but I'd give both teams a chance to move into R2 with Casey and Sam outside chances at a bronze medal. Anyone know who our team will be for the mixed? I'd go with Sam and Lleyton.
I agree with you Jack. I think Sam will play with Lleyton and they will be a good chance I reckon!
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #9
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Sam is not much of a chance for a medal in singles but would be SO awesome for her and Casey to snag one in doubles. It's a tough draw but they will always be dangerous.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #10
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Makarova/Vesnina def. Gajdosova/Rodionova 61 64

We knew they weren't gonna win but it was still a great effort for the girls and I hope they were just happy that they got to participate in the olympics.

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #11
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Sam's winning 6-3 3-3. Finish her off Sam!
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #12
country flag Aussie_Fanatic

Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice

Terrible start by the Aussies so far.. 2 losses to 0 wins.. let's hope Casey and Sam can get a win in the doubles
Aussie_Fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #13
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

...and it's done

Over and out. Ouch.

TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #14
country flag Kəv.

horrible day

Lets just focus on something else besides tennis for AUS.

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #15
country flag scottsue

Horrific.