77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #1
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :)

Firstly I need to point out something. I am what you may call a centrist-conservative, I've worked for the National Party before and I do support most of their policies.

Last year was quite a hard year for me. On February 22nd, there was a huge natural disaster here in Christchurch. Nearly 200 people lost their lives, including some in the building directly behind the building I was working in. My house was damaged, my work building was torn down, I even relocated from Christchurch for a few weeks as sewage was coming out my front door.

It was awful in so many respects, however it also enabled me to leave a relationship which was not working out for me.

A couple of months later I began to get my confidence back, and I met the man I love called Steven. July 19th was our first meeting/date, I saw him at a bar a couple of days earlier but was too shy to introduce myself so I found him on Facebook instead.

Our first date wasn't anything flash, it was just a coffee followed by dinner. Turns out we had a lot of similar interests, but it was his beautiful eyes that made me fall for him.

In September we kind of mutually decided that we were in love, and we arranged a trip to Europe. He also got a job in Wellington starting in February 2012. I had a full time permanent job in Christchurch that I'd worked at ever since I left school, I was a bit iffy about giving it up however a very special lady gave me the courage to take a risk and go for it.

November 11th, on my birthday - at 1:11pm he proposed to me. He said some sweet words, a couple of happy tears were shed and then he put a ring on my finger.

November 19th-early January. We went to Europe, visiting alot of our extended families in UK. Also went to Italy, France and Norway. It was a very special trip, however what I most enjoyed was spending the time with him. I know he's the one for me.

I'm now a student in Wellington, and my fiance works here. We've been living together for about six months now. I've met his family lots of time and hes seen quite a bit of mine too. We are quite the perfect fit.

... the problem is, we can't technically get married in New Zealand yet. While we can have a civil union, I want to be able to legally call him my husband without having any thoughts in the back of my head saying 'well actually he's just a partner'. Also we have talked about having kids in 5-10 years time.

This bill has just been pulled out of the ballot, it would allow couples of the same gender to wed.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10822370

The student branch of the National Party is expected to express their support behind it, I really hope this law passes.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on whether or not you think that Gay Marriage should be legal.

Last edited by kittyking : Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
kittyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #2
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

I'd also like to thank those who sent me positive messages both last year both after the earthquake, after my breakup with my ex, and after I became engaged - too many to name, but you know who you are *big kitty hug!*
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #3
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

No, but then I am a very religious man.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #4
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
If Tomas would take your closeted ass you'd be out campaigning for gay marriage right now.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #5
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

i have no problems with gay at all but i voted no because of my religious and personal belief ; a relationship and a marriage have to be between two people of different sex it's the most natural way ; don't get me wrong im not bashing or hating on gay people but this is just my opinion ; i have a lesbian friend and she never got upset with me because of my opinion we just respect each other
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #6
country flag SantaBabyTennis

SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Being religious and being against religious freedom aren't the same thing.
SantaBabyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #7
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. In a legal sense alone, I don't see why anyone could really object. As long as both parties are consenting and no one is being harmed, then why not?

I grew up in a Christian community, went to a Christian school and have a lot of very religious Christian friends. After coming out to them recently a few of them have told me, irrespective of what their religious beliefs are they have no problem with having gay marriage legalised, giving gay people the rights they deserve under the law. I wish a lot more people could be that open minded and see things this way.

PS: Cute story kitty
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #8
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
If Tomas would take your closeted ass you'd be out campaigning for gay marriage right now.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #9
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Gay/bisexual people should have the same rights as straight people. There's no good arguments against gay marriage anyway.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #10
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute

Not really.
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #11
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho View Post
Not really.
Why not?
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:08 AM   #12
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously get out of here with that - you not fooling anybody with that, including yourself. You go from being gay one minute to being completely anti-gay the next..
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbińe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #2 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #25 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #13
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who doesn't is evil in my book.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #14
country flag McPie
Rated T for Tranny

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

go ahead, make my day

if it makes people more happier, then do it, even it's a little appreciation

they are not much place for these people, and world say that everyone is equal, if you prevented it, then it is not

oh yes an opinion from straight (but cross-dressing ) surprise?

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #15
Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Kairi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote