Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #91
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Of course, but it's not like he raised her. She was 21 when she met him. Really, it's up to your parents to explain you some things about life. They can't make the choices instead of her, but they should have warned her. Not to mention that she started dating when she was 20 yo. She was a naive and inexperienced girl who started dating few years older womanizers. It's not easy to handle such men.
I don't think anyone excuses Ana.. I certainly don't..

All I was saying is that I don't really understand liking/rooting for someone who was so clearly an awful influence on Ana's career. It's like rooting for Julie Coin really..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM   #92
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I don't think anyone excuses Ana.. I certainly don't..

All I was saying is that I don't really understand liking/rooting for someone who was so clearly an awful influence on Ana's career. It's like rooting for Julie Coin really..
Maybe people like golf and root for him because of that. And if someone likes Coin, that's fine.

People can also find it weird that I like both Serbian sisters. If there wasn't Ana, JJ's career would probably be better. I could've also become JJ's hater after Madrid 2010. But I still root for both, just like some people root for Adam or Coin.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #93
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe people like golf and root for him because of that. And if someone likes Coin, that's fine.

People can also find it weird that I like both Serbian sisters. If there wasn't Ana, JJ's career would probably be better. I could've also become JJ's hater after Madrid 2010. But I still root for both, just like some people root for Adam or Coin.
Ok then..

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM   #94
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

it's ok to like adam. surely there must be people who liked him anyway and since it's ultimately ana's responsibility they won't start hating him because he had some negative influence on her. those who didn't care about him and liked only ana will probably start disliking him. it was the same with jj and madrid 2010.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #95
country flag MissF

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, guys ! I've been on this forum for a while, but not posting. Just following some threads, mostly Ana's.

I've been an Ivanovic fan since 2008 when she won RG. Always liked her tennis, forehand, agressive play. A fan of Ivanovic -player, but of course I like her as a person too. I'm a 21 years old girl and I was happy for her every time she had a success, a big match or an important win.
Of course like you all, it's been very frustrating and sad for me to watch her career decline :-( It's sad to say, Ana has recently become an average player and the 4th round in a GS is a good result for her . Sad.
As to this new boyfriend (not confirmed yet) I was surprised to learn that Ana's dating a Serbian . I remember her saying that Adam takes care of her, not like Serbian men . :-D As a fan, I'd like to see her date a serious man, not an athlete maybe, who'd take care of her and motivate her. But I don't decide anything lol. I only wish her the best and I hope she won't have to spend too much mental energy on this type of rel'ships (you said famous, womanizer, etc.)
As to Adam, no woman would like to be teated like that, talking about ex-girlfriends and taking her so easily as a regular gf :-((

I want to see Ana rise as a tennis player, win tournaments, not skip them. And I want to see her happy . It's sad to see less talented players on the tour do well, win tournaments and Ana only making big statements, unfortunately.

Perhaps as she seems a very delicate person, with a somewhat childish soul, her entourage wants to protect her and tells her all's fine, all's good. In fact, it's good, yes, her ranking is not bad, she plays more or less consistenly now, she's successful off court. But is that all she wants?
MissF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #96
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You make it seem like I'm forbidding you of liking him. You can do whatever you want.. so can anyone, obviously. And I can think its a case in study, like rooting for Julie Coin.

Sure, its Ana's fault.. she threw her career down the drain. But someone who is a self declared Ana fan and likes a guy who was a clear factor and a big influence in that whole negative process is indeed something I can't understand.

Since you bring up Whitney.. of course Bobby isn't to blame.. as Adam isn't to blame.. but do real Whitney fans love Bobby and root for him to win grammys or something? It's one thing not to blame.. its another to like or worship someone who negatively influenced the person you are a fan of and was a huge factor in that person going down a bad path. Hey I love Bobby, he offered drugs to Whitney! Come on... its not his fault, its hers.. but he wasn't a good influence.

We are a product of the people around us.. people around us are a big influence in our decisions and approach to life... that's for anyone.. and be it mom, dad, brother, sister, friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, teacher, coach, whoever it is.. those people around us can influence us in good and bad ways... can help us grow or drown.. Ultimately, everything that we do is our responsability, our choices, our life, our fault. But we can't deny the influence of people around us.

Adam was an undeniable awful influence in Ana's career.. if she skipped tournaments to go WAGing, it was her choice, but because of him, his influence.. and I could go on and on. He might be a great guy, I'm not judging him.. But he was a big factor in the death of Ana's career. See.. I'm a fan of Ana the tennis player, not really of Ana the person. I liked Adam at the beginning, as I don't really care for Ana's boyfriends.. but after all that has happened, and all Ana did.. I can't like someone who was such an active negative influence in Ana's WTF decisions regarding her career. If you want to love him and root for him, fine.. I still think its a case in study... hey hey, he is so great, Ana made a whole bunch of stupid decisions that killed her career to spent time with him or to please him! Awesome! I'm not excusing Ana.. or saying it was all him.. I just wouldn't be able to like anyone who had any influence in the demise of Ana's tennis.

Since you are a Serena fan... do you love Drake or something or the guy who broke her heart?
How can you blame Adam for being an awful influence? If anything, you should blame Ana for ALLOWING him to BE an awful influence. Do you see Maria sitting court-side at basketball games in Turkey?! Hell no! Because she knows that her career is FIRST. No man, not even her fiance is going to deter her from reaching her ultimate goal on the court. Hence, her FO title this year. She hasn't ALLOWED Sasha to influence her in that way. Ana doesn't have that same mindset. Sadly, she's weak, she's naive and she's easily swayed off the court. THIS is why she has underachieved these last several years. Ana WANTED to spend time with him MORE than she wanted GRANDSLAMS!! Hey! She chose love over her career. Her decision, her choice. I'm not going to crucify Adam for Ana's actions. You should learn to do the same. And you're funny as hell to not like someone for being a negative influence on Ana's career considering your past history...

And we still haven't figured out what happened with Drake. I think he was just a fling. It was Common who broke her heart and it's unclear about what happened because both parties feel that they were wronged,
I've always been a fan of Drake (still am) but I've never been a fan of Common soooooo no, I don't love him.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #97
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
How can you blame Adam for being an awful influence? If anything, you should blame Ana for ALLOWING him to BE an awful influence. Do you see Maria sitting court-side at basketball games in Turkey?! Hell no! Because she knows that her career is FIRST. No man, not even her fiance is going to deter her from reaching her ultimate goal on the court. Hence, her FO title this year. She hasn't ALLOWED Sasha to influence her in that way. Ana doesn't have that same mindset. Sadly, she's weak, she's naive and she's easily swayed off the court. THIS is why she has underachieved these last several years. Ana WANTED to spend time with him MORE than she wanted GRANDSLAMS!! Hey! She chose love over her career. Her decision, her choice. I'm not going to crucify Adam for Ana's actions. You should learn to do the same.
I thought people kicked me out of here once because I was too tough on Ana. If you think I excuse Ana for all of that, then you haven't been reading my posts for the past few years.

Now.. I guess we stablished Adam's status as awful influence. Then right.. I think its a very much reasonable reason to dislike him, and kills any reason to be ok or to like him..

And how can I blame Adam for being an awful influence? Well.. exactly for that.. for being an awful influence. Ana accepted it, sure.. But that doesn't make him any less of an awful influence. He was a douchebag to her.. being with her and talking about hurting for a past girlfriend? Wow, how romantic! Putting his interest ahead of hers in any way and form... Isn't love about putting the other ahead? And he even got into her career, putting his tentacles into her team and all that. Ana is the one to blame for the death of her career, as I've agreed with all along. But he was an undeniable awful influence. He could be a guy to support her, but he never was. Why should I ever like someone like that?

And you mention Maria. I agree. But you assume Sasha would want to influence Maria like Adam did with Ana. Why is that? Maybe Sasha is just a very supportive boyfriend who would never ask her or demand her to do something he knows wouldn't be good for her. And he was a guy who was never ashamed to be seen rooting like crazy for her. So maybe he did influence Masha somehow.. but in a positive way.. putting her best interest in the first place for him as well. Supporting her to go when deep down he wanted her to stay. Not the other way around.

People around us are influences.. they can help us grow or drown us down.. We are always to blame for our actions.. but that doesn't make the actions of those people around us irrelevant. They are relevant, very much so.

I'm not crucifying Adam for Ana's actions.. I crucify Ana enough for that.. I dislike Adam for his actions towards Ana, which were a major factor in her stupid decisions.

Getting Whitney back into this.. we crucify Whitney for her actions.. but we shouldn't love Bobby for presenting her drugs. Its not his fault, but he hardly helped..

Quote:
And you're funny as hell to not like someone for being a negative influence on Ana's career considering your past history...
Ok.. now I don't get it.. Why am I "funny as hell"? What part of my vast history are you talking about? Since people seem to end up blaming *me* for all of Ana's issues, maybe you are throwing my way the label of bad influence..

But all right.. I should just LOOOOOVE a dude who was such a major factor in the turning of my favorite tennis player into an idiot/failure.

Quote:
And we still haven't figured out what happened with Drake. I think he was just a fling. It was Common who broke her heart and it's unclear about what happened because both parties feel that they were wronged,
I've always been a fan of Drake (still am) but I've never been a fan of Common soooooo no, I don't love him.
And I don't love Adam, with all the more reason..

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #98
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissF View Post
Hello, guys ! I've been on this forum for a while, but not posting. Just following some threads, mostly Ana's.

I've been an Ivanovic fan since 2008 when she won RG. Always liked her tennis, forehand, agressive play. A fan of Ivanovic -player, but of course I like her as a person too. I'm a 21 years old girl and I was happy for her every time she had a success, a big match or an important win.
Of course like you all, it's been very frustrating and sad for me to watch her career decline :-( It's sad to say, Ana has recently become an average player and the 4th round in a GS is a good result for her . Sad.
As to this new boyfriend (not confirmed yet) I was surprised to learn that Ana's dating a Serbian . I remember her saying that Adam takes care of her, not like Serbian men . :-D As a fan, I'd like to see her date a serious man, not an athlete maybe, who'd take care of her and motivate her. But I don't decide anything lol. I only wish her the best and I hope she won't have to spend too much mental energy on this type of rel'ships (you said famous, womanizer, etc.)
As to Adam, no woman would like to be teated like that, talking about ex-girlfriends and taking her so easily as a regular gf :-((

I want to see Ana rise as a tennis player, win tournaments, not skip them. And I want to see her happy . It's sad to see less talented players on the tour do well, win tournaments and Ana only making big statements, unfortunately.

Perhaps as she seems a very delicate person, with a somewhat childish soul, her entourage wants to protect her and tells her all's fine, all's good. In fact, it's good, yes, her ranking is not bad, she plays more or less consistenly now, she's successful off court. But is that all she wants?
Hello! Welcome to the forum.

That last question is a very good one.. Is that all she wants? Who knows!

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #99
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, what did she say recently? Тhat she doesn't want to be in a relationship for the next ten years?

Let's discuss Common. He's hot, Adam's not.

Quote:
And you mention Maria. I agree. But you assume Sasha would want to influence Maria like Adam did with Ana. Why is that?
Izzy... How is that even a question? Even the sweetest guy ever can become an asshole if you let him. I'm sure that you would never let someone influence you (), but some women are easily manipulated. don't get me wrong, I still hate him, but it's not his fault. I mean she left him and then she came back to him. And fired Byrnes soon. Not to mention those interviews... "Adam helps me a lot, his advises are great blahblah..." Yes, you're a former #1 and a slam champion, but you need your golf bf to teach you how to be patient.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #100
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Izzy... How is that even a question? Even the sweetest guy ever can become an asshole if you let him. I'm sure that you would never let someone influence you (), but some women are easily manipulated. don't get me wrong, I still hate him, but it's not his fault. I mean she left him and then she came back to him. And fired Byrnes soon. Not to mention those interviews... "Adam helps me a lot, his advises are great blahblah..." Yes, you're a former #1 and a slam champion, but you need your golf bf to teach you how to be patient.
Are you serious? So we should think every single guy is a douchebag who puts his own interests ahead always and is unable of altruistic actions? WTF?! I completely 100% disagree. There are good guys out there.. and there are positive influences to be had.

I don't think we are discussing Ana's idiotic/stupid/weak/continue all similar adjectives behaviour. I agree with that. She became an idiot when next to him. But she had an absolutely awful influence next to her.. A guy who could only look to his own bellybuttom, and whose actions towards her only potentialized her stupidity. Sure she let him.. so its her fault and her stupidity.. we all agree with that, and I was never EVER excusing Ana. But that's NOT the point here. She shouldn't have allowed the awful influence.. but he shouldn't have been this much of a douchebag. The guy went all the way into messing up with her team and advising stuff.. even if she begged him to, if he had any interest in what is best for her, he would've not put his hand on it.

We are influenced by the world around us.. and by people around us. If there is an awful influence aside, it's just never good. Period.

Last edited by gaviotabr : Jul 24th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #101
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Are you serious? So we should think every single guy is a douchebag who puts his own interests ahead always and is unable of altruistic actions? WTF?!
Human beings are selfish. If you do what your bf wants too often, he'll learn how to take an advantage of you or he'll leave you. One thing is for sure, you can't have a normal relationship with anyone (including your friends) if you can't stand up for yourself. You can't be naive and expect people not to take an advantage of your weaknesses. People sometimes do it even if they don't want to, they just get used to it.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #102
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Human beings are selfish. If you do what your bf wants too often, he'll learn how to take an advantage of you or he'll leave you. One thing is for sure, you can't have a normal relationship with anyone (including your friends) if you can't stand up for yourself. You can't be naive and expect people not to take an advantage of your weaknesses. People sometimes do it even if they don't want to, they just get used to it.
You are generalizing people.. that's something I could never ever agree with. There are good people out there, people who want you to grow, to shine. And there are people who will ask you to do things that aren't good for you just because they want you to. There are positive influences and there are negative influences.

Bringing Ana stupid and weak behaviour into play here is pointless.. we all agree with that, and I've never excused her for her idiotic actions. But that is not the point here, we are not discussing her. We are talking about someone else's actions. And those were just awful all around. You can't excuse him for his behaviour.. he also answers for his actions... even if Ana is ultimately the one to blame for what happened to her career.

It can't be ok to be a douchebag just because the other person is weak. One behaviour never excuses the other.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #103
country flag Cajka

Quote:
You are generalizing people.. that's something I could never ever agree with. There are good people out there, people who want you to grow, to shine.
Wait, wait, wait, are you suggesting that Adam didn't want her to shine? Maybe he had some evil plan to ruin her career? It's excessive.

And I'm generalizing people because, unfortunately, we all have good and bad qualities. It's black and white in life, not black or white. This is real life, not some telenovela. Adam Scott is not a villain and Ana is not some poor LLovizna or whatever. I despise him, as I said, but the women like Ana or Nicole would ruin their careers anyway. If you're not able to set some limits, to set some priorities, to fight for yourself, you'll never have normal relationships. There will always be some selfish boyfriend, abusive boss, evil friends.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #104
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait, are you suggesting that Adam didn't want her to shine? Maybe he had some evil plan to ruin her career? It's excessive.

And I'm generalizing people because, unfortunately, we all have good and bad qualities. It's black and white in life, not black or white. This is real life, not some telenovela. Adam Scott is not a villain and Ana is not some poor LLovizna or whatever. I despise him, as I said, but the women like Ana or Nicole would ruin their careers anyway. If you're not able to set some limits, to set some priorities, to fight for yourself, you'll never have normal relationships. There will always be some selfish boyfriend, abusive boss, evil girlfriends.
WOW! My god.. did I express myself SO badly or did you not understand a single word of what I said?

No.. I'm not sugesting Adam didn't want her to shine.. WTF?! I'm saying there are people who want you to grow, to shine, and will actually help you to do that. What Adam wanted or not I have absolutely no idea, and I'm not discussing that AT ALL.

Of course this is real life.. and as such, not everyone is selfish, as you make it seem. It's a bit contradictory to say you are generalizing people and then mention good and bad qualities.. that's just the reason people shouldn't be generalized. There are people who will go out there and actually put the other best interest ahead.. that is what love is all about anyway.

Adam Scott is not a villain.. I never said that. He was just an awful influence to Ana. And that is a pure fact. I think I even said in one post that he might be a nice guy and all.. but to Ana he was a douchebag. And again.. why keep discussing Ana? She is not the point here.. and AGAIN I'm not excusing her for such weak, stupid behavior. From being an Ana hater, I'm suddenly being acused of defending her irrationally... oh the irony!

There will always be some selfish abusive boyfriends.. some evil girlfriends.. but there will also be some nice supportive boyfriends/girlfriends. It takes 2 to tango as people say.. and just because one is weak, doesn't make the other necessarily selfish and abusive. The other can actually help that person to become strong.

You mention Nicole.. I don't think her issue was getting together with Radek at all.. And he has stated a number of times that he supports her every decision, and that he motivates her to play tennis. Nicole just didn't have the desire anymore.. so much she doesn't want to be playing.

Now Ana was a world of difference when she was with Adam and when not. A world of difference. He was a completely awful influence to her.

Look.. same person can have a healthy relationship and an abusive one.. so its not only that person to blame for it.. Ana's relationship with Adam was an awful influence to her career NOT only because she was weak and stupid.. also because he was just that, an awful influence.

And to assume Ana would be in this same stage Adam or not is an exercise in future reading. People around us shape our lives.. any person who crosses our path may take us to a different direction. So maybe she would be in this same position.. but maybe not.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #105
country flag gaviotabr

And this discussion is suddenly turning into a philosophy study on how people are and how life/relationships work. Which just means it will last forever, since philosophers are doing it since before Jesus was born.

We should bring Plato into play.

Last edited by gaviotabr : Jul 24th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.