Anett Kontaveit - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM   #1036
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Nothing
Anyway, you should be happy I am not being mean to you
I like you now
And due to this I will ignore the little addition of swearing and an emoticon you made
I don't want you to like me, I want you to stop bashing players or users when someone disagree with you or when you don't have valid points left in your pocket.
I don't want to start another argue with you, so I won't post anything more on this matter
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 11:16 AM   #1037
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I don't want you to like me, I want you to stop bashing players or users when someone disagree with you or when you don't have valid points left in your pocket.
I don't want to start another argue with you, so I won't post anything more on this matter
Good
I never start arguments, I react to posts THAT DON'T INVOLVE OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!
Anyway, if you don't want me to like you, I guess I could harass you if you wanted
Do you have anything to say about Anett's loss. Everyone has been quite quiet about it

BTW, BlueTrees, who is your avatar of???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1038
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Anyway, if you don't want me to like you, I guess I could harass you if you wanted
Harass me, whatever, why should I care?

Quote:
Do you have anything to say about Anett's loss. Everyone has been quite quiet about it
Dissapointing result, that's all. She needs to get her shit together and play more consistently.

Quote:
BTW, BlueTrees, who is your avatar of???
I guess it's Veronika Kudermetova Cool avatar with a cute girl

Last edited by Dan_Doe : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1039
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
When you see her live, you can see. She doesn't have flair in the way that Federer has flair, but her forehand is definately not machine made. Her backhand may be, but it has such beautiful timing and gets good spin and she always hits it in the middle of the racket. I know what you mean about her being the same as everyone else, but I think she is slightly different in that I think her shot selection is more thought out and she come to net. In terms of technique, I understand your point even more as she has the "ballbasher" footwork and follow throughs but I think despite her forehand looking bland, it has many intricacies to it that would surprise you. She is more than most think

Her technique is not what made me like her though. She reminds me a lot of my sister
Well yeah every human being is unique in some way, even if a player tries to intentionally copy someone else, it never is the same.

I agree her technique is not what makes her stand out, she has other qualities.

Anyways these kind of discussions are much more enjoyable than those lame "my play is better than your player, because she beat this player while yours hasn't" arguments you guys have.

While on the Anett vs Donna argument, none of us has really seen Donna play so we can't compare. But on results, I don't agree with BlueTrees that seniors is the only way to judge.

For example I find Donna's poor performances in juniors quite worrying, because you can argue that the world's best juniors are more talented than journeywomen that are 200/300 in the rankings. And that she struggles with the unpredictable nature of her opponents in juniors.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1040
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Well yeah every human being is unique in some way, even if a player tries to intentionally copy someone else, it never is the same.

I agree her technique is not what makes her stand out, she has other qualities.

Anyways these kind of discussions are much more enjoyable than those lame "my play is better than your player, because she beat this player while yours hasn't" arguments you guys have.

While on the Anett vs Donna argument, none of us has really seen Donna play so we can't compare. But on results, I don't agree with BlueTrees that seniors is the only way to judge.

For example I find Donna's poor performances in juniors quite worrying, because you can argue that the world's best juniors are more talented than journeywomen that are 200/300 in the rankings. And that she struggles with the unpredictable nature of her opponents in juniors.
My comment on Donna was partly true but slightly exaggerated. I believe that she is overranked by around 100 places and that Anett is underranked by about 150, but Anett's best and worst are about 150 places higher and lower then where she should be ranked Donna has the problem of mentality. She can't deal with the big scene, whereas Anett thrives on it. Donna can win challengers in the back of nowhere because there is no pressure and much less publicity whereas all of Anett's big wins have been in big events. Fed Cup, Copenhagen WTA, Tallinn 10Ks, which even though they are really small and quite weak had huge crowds for all of her matches, which I really liked as it is proof that tennis is growing in Estonia. And look at Anett having interviews all the time for ERR (like ABC) and the like. She really does thrive on popularity I completely agree with you on the fact that these discussions are more entertaining and validate eachothers points more. If only there was a thread where people could compare players Tennis Forum is too argumentative, no thanks to me Which players do you think are particularly unique and why do you like the Asadinator???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Harass me, whatever, why should I care?

Dissapointing result, that's all. She needs to get her shit together and play more consistently.

I guess it's Veronika Kudermetova Cool avatar with a cute girl
Anett's consistency is infuriating. Kudermetova has a legendary serve She looks very pale there though
Dan_Doe, join the debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Last time I checked beating nobodies is better than losing to nobodies

And yes it's Veronika Kudermetova in my avatar
I am not so sure that Donna would beat Sun For sure she would be the favourite but Sun is experienced, is lefty, hits the ball hard and has had a lot of success in doubles. And anyway, Donna has had some bad losses to like Mirozova, Lu and Peterson so it's not like Anett is the only ones. Anett for sure has more but that's just because she's inconsistent. She has also had many many more big wins

Finally some more good news in that Beijing 75K + H is also a mens challenger, so Anett will have livescores again
Let's hope she can get an early flight there are and get used to the conditions
Her goal here IMO should be to qualify, but I am not expecting that after this weeks performance

BTW, Sun is in the FQR with a 1 and 2 win over Yshina, so I don't feel as bad about Anett's loss now

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM   #1041
country flag chingching

I think that this would be a good schedule for Anett:
30 July-5 August: 75K + H Beijing
26 August-1 September: Canadian Open Junior Championships
2 September-9 September: US Open Junior Tennis Championships
10 September-16 September: 25K Redding
(US Open Result that will not put Anett as Year End Top 5 without Orange Bowl:
15 October-21 October: 25K Makinohara
22 October-28 October: Osaka Mayor's Cup)

(US Open Result that will put Anett in Year End Top 5 without Orange Bowl:
22 October-28 October: 25K Netanya
29 October-4 November: 25K Istanbul)

I think that that is pretty good for points The reason why i put Osaka only if Anett wouldn't be Top 5 without Orange Bowl is because there is no point in Anett trying to be Top 10 Year End for Junior Exempts unless she is at least Top5 because she doesn't need the 3 25K Junior Exempts any more as her ranking is high enough to not need them. I would expect her to do well in Osaka and if she didn't then I guess she could play Orange Bowl and then she would squeeze her way in IMO if she could get SFs from all of US Open, Osaka and Orange Bowl I thought Netanya would be better than Glasgow as last year Glasgow was very strong and Anett has already shown her prowess in Israel

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1042
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Which players do you think are particularly unique and why do you like the Asadinator???
Obviously Ash reason why I joined this place. There is too much to like about her, so I won't waste everybody's time, unless you're interested In short words, she defies everything I hate about the WTA: technique wise (ugly, boring), mentally weak (crybabies) and the general bitchiness (as if you need a special bark or scream to make you play better) whereas Ash is calm, arrogant and beautiful to watch.

Another player which I think is very unique (and flying under the radar recently, CH ranking of 165) is Khromacheva. She plays like Kerber, but more aggressive mindset because she looks to attack. Both have heavy spinning forehands, but Irina is more flexible with it (love how she can dig out balls on the baseline but still produce an aggressive top-spin shot from it, like Nadal does). Obviously consistency and mindset wise they are worlds apart, but she can improve. Like Barty, I feel Khromacheva has a great game to watch.

Townsend another lefty, don't rate her as much as Khromacheva, she doesn't have the same flair. But her volleying skills are very good especially for a girl, which makes her unique. Just have to worry about her fitness though, because no point being a volleyer if you can't get to the net fast enough.

I loved the energy of Putintseva when I saw her against JJ. What impresses me about her is her movement, her feet move really fast, so she doesn't struggle when chasing balls like most girls do. Very good balance when she changes direction too, none of this silly WTA cow stance crap. She can turn out to be a fun counter-puncher to watch.

Haven't seen much of Vekic, Abanda and Bencic. Hopefully see Vekic tonight.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1043
country flag chingching

Quote:
Obviously Ash reason why I joined this place. There is too much to like about her, so I won't waste everybody's time, unless you're interested In short words, she defies everything I hate about the WTA: technique wise (ugly, boring), mentally weak (crybabies) and the general bitchiness (as if you need a special bark or scream to make you play better) whereas Ash is calm, arrogant and beautiful to watch.

Another player which I think is very unique (and flying under the radar recently, CH ranking of 165) is Khromacheva. She plays like Kerber, but more aggressive mindset because she looks to attack. Both have heavy spinning forehands, but Irina is more flexible with it (love how she can dig out balls on the baseline but still produce an aggressive top-spin shot from it, like Nadal does). Obviously consistency and mindset wise they are worlds apart, but she can improve. Like Barty, I feel Khromacheva has a great game to watch.

Townsend another lefty, don't rate her as much as Khromacheva, she doesn't have the same flair. But her volleying skills are very good especially for a girl, which makes her unique. Just have to worry about her fitness though, because no point being a volleyer if you can't get to the net fast enough.

I loved the energy of Putintseva when I saw her against JJ. What impresses me about her is her movement, her feet move really fast, so she doesn't struggle when chasing balls like most girls do. Very good balance when she changes direction too, none of this silly WTA cow stance crap. She can turn out to be a fun counter-puncher to watch.

Haven't seen much of Vekic, Abanda and Bencic. Hopefully see Vekic tonight.
Interesting
The thing I find funny is that IMO Khromacheva and Barty are Polar Opposites, yet you like them both
I like the players you like I only recently liked Putintseva as one of my friends has met her and said she was very nice I love Townsend's personality She's so sweet I also like Bouchard, Svitolina and Abanda but don't really like Bencic. IDK why, but she just seems to be overranked And I hate all whorers. But I like Siniakova and Lottner Lottner and Anett I draw many similarities between. I like Ash but I am not sure whether she will transition well as right now she doesn't hit the ball hard enough to be an agressor but she isn't fast enough to be a counter-puncher. Her variety will surely come in handy during the grass season though It will be interesting to see who do well in seniors. BTW, if you want to see Khromacheva and Putintseva as a child, go to Irina Khromacheva's Facebook profile (not page, but actual account) and look though her photos (they are all public) and you will see a Eurosport Video of the Les Petits As Final vs Putintseva MP and Ceremony and a video of her as a 12 year old which is genuinely HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
No offence but you really need to stop overhyping her. Really, really bad scoreline today.
Well if Anett had not been in her bad form and she had drawn Lina Stanciute or Marta Sirotkina in MD, she could have made the QFs as if she beat one, then she would play the other. So I am obviously not verhyping" her

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1044
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Interesting
The thing I find funny is that IMO Khromacheva and Barty are Polar Opposites, yet you like them both
I like the players you like I only recently liked Putintseva as one of my friends has met her and said she was very nice I love Townsend's personality She's so sweet I also like Bouchard, Svitolina and Abanda but don't really like Bencic. IDK why, but she just seems to be overranked And I hate all whorers. But I like Siniakova and Lottner Lottner and Anett I draw many similarities between. I like Ash but I am not sure whether she will transition well as right now she doesn't hit the ball hard enough to be an agressor but she isn't fast enough to be a counter-puncher. Her variety will surely come in handy during the grass season though It will be interesting to see who do well in seniors. BTW, if you want to see Khromacheva and Putintseva as a child, go to Irina Khromacheva's Facebook profile (not page, but actual account) and look though her photos (they are all public) and you will see a Eurosport Video of the Les Petits As Final vs Putintseva MP and Ceremony and a video of her as a 12 year old which is genuinely HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
It depends the way you look at it when comparing Barty and Khromacheva. Obviously they have opposite styles, but overall they are quite similar.

Just think about Federer and Nadal. Completely different games yes. But they both have many similarities, like they hit with lots of spin. Their matches are always about angles they can generate, movement and their skill.

I don't know those other players you mentioned.

About Ash not having enough power, yes she doesn't hit hard. But her technique is perfect and she generates lots of topspin on her shots, so when the ball bounces it gains pace, so her angles can be devastating. Also if she lands the ball deep on the baseline, the awkward bounce she is able to get prevents her opponents from attacking her. Ash is not a counter-puncher, she doesn't like endless rallies or running around, like you said her movement is not good enough for that game-style. If a rally is going too long, she tries to finish off the point.

Also you just leading me on to what I hate about WTA, by aggressor I guess you mean ball-bashing. You don't need to hit hard every shot to be aggressive. Something as simple as creating angles and moving up to the net is also aggressive play. In the WTA players don't have a happy medium, you are either a ballbasher or a pusher. Barty has this style which allows her to get safe margins over the net and use little energy, while also being aggressive.

Thanks, can you provide a direct link to the video?

Edit: I like Bouchard too, like Anett they both seem really friendly.

Last edited by binky-GOAT : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #1045
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting loss , I expected her to win TBH, as Sun's results in past weeks weren't good. But again Anett got an opponent who decided to start playing good again, Sun beat Yashina 0 and 2 in R2

Too bad, I waited this tournament since I read she plays here and now such a fail result.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #1046
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That is true

But even Vekic got bagelled today, so everybody has bad days once in a while. Only.. Anett seems to have them too often. Anyway, if she continues the recent pattern, the next tournament should be better for her.

Also, interesting to read these longer discussions about junior players here.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1047
country flag chingching

Quote:
It depends the way you look at it when comparing Barty and Khromacheva. Obviously they have opposite styles, but overall they are quite similar.

Just think about Federer and Nadal. Completely different games yes. But they both have many similarities, like they hit with lots of spin. Their matches are always about angles they can generate, movement and their skill.

I don't know those other players you mentioned.

About Ash not having enough power, yes she doesn't hit hard. But her technique is perfect and she generates lots of topspin on her shots, so when the ball bounces it gains pace, so her angles can be devastating. Also if she lands the ball deep on the baseline, the awkward bounce she is able to get prevents her opponents from attacking her. Ash is not a counter-puncher, she doesn't like endless rallies or running around, like you said her movement is not good enough for that game-style. If a rally is going too long, she tries to finish off the point.

Also you just leading me on to what I hate about WTA, by aggressor I guess you mean ball-bashing. You don't need to hit hard every shot to be aggressive. Something as simple as creating angles and moving up to the net is also aggressive play. In the WTA players don't have a happy medium, you are either a ballbasher or a pusher. Barty has this style which allows her to get safe margins over the net and use little energy, while also being aggressive.

Thanks, can you provide a direct link to the video?

Edit: I like Bouchard too, like Anett they both seem really friendly.
Sure
I get your point on Ash I hope she becomes a professional because she is extremely different and I just adore the fact that when she won Wimbledon she barely fist pumped Of course she will make Top 50 and probably Top 20 but I fear that even though it is sad, that sometime she will get out hit. I don't like ballbashers, but I do like players like Anett and Irina who hit the ball hard and move their opponents around (I love how early Anett hits the ball, even if it's a moonball ). I don't know, but that is my fear I was going to say about Vekic I think BlueTrees. may have jinxed himself But as you said, everyone has bad days It's part of being a teenage tennis player

Here is the link
Tarbes: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater
Irina + Daria: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

The second one is so funny. She is so annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post

Also, interesting to read these longer discussions about junior players here.
IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chingching : Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:44 AM   #1048
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Sure
I get your point on Ash I hope she becomes a professional because she is extremely different and I just adore the fact that when she won Wimbledon she barely fist pumped Of course she will make Top 50 and probably Top 20 but I fear that even though it is sad, that sometime she will get out hit. I don't like ballbashers, but I do like players like Anett and Irina who hit the ball hard and move their opponents around (I love how early Anett hits the ball, even if it's a moonball ). I don't know, but that is my fear I was going to say about Vekic I think BlueTrees. may have jinxed himself But as you said, everyone has bad days It's part of being a teenage tennis player

Here is the link
Tarbes: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater
Irina + Daria: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

The second one is so funny. She is so annoying

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is inevitable that she will get out hit on occasions, but it's quite common in WTA even the best get outhit, unless you are Williams or Sharapova who attack from the first ball and don't give their opponents a chance. But Ash can minimize damage if she improves her defensive skills and consistency.

Yes Anett is always on the baseline, which is quite a common and successful tactic on the WTA these days, if you want to rebound the ball quickly giving your opponent little time. But it has 2 negatives: Shot selection becomes limited and if your opponent changes the pace you can make errors because you have less time to adjust. It suits her game though, because it revolves more around power than technical.

That video is great. Even at a young age you can see Khromacheva is quite talented, also vocal

After watching Vekic, It is difficult to say who has more potential. But I think Vekic is just a bit stronger than Anett, physically.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1049
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amen to that
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1050
country flag binky-GOAT

All these junior girls (Anett, Donna, Bencic, Abanda, Barty, Townsend, Khromacheva, etc) are far better than the boys. In fact the best boys are Liam Broady and Luke Saville, who are both 18 and have not made any impression in seniors (not even futures level). While all the girls have started winning senior matches (at challengers) at 14/15.

There might not be any teenage prodigies, but all these girls are making steady progress towards the WTA tour. While on the ATP, Tomic will be the youngest in the Top 100 for a few more years