Anett Kontaveit - Page 69 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1021
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Just wondering chingching, what is the potential you see in Anett? Because you hype her all the time, but you don't actually say any of her strengths. Be specific for example do you love her style of play, some particular shots, etc.

You comment on other players weaknesses, but not say anything on Anett's strengths. So it becomes really hard to take you seriously.

Yes it's hard to comment on players that barely get any TV courage (like Vekic, Bencic, Abanda), but like you said you seen Anett more than anyone here, so why don't you comment on her game?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #1022
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Just wondering chingching, what is the potential you see in Anett? Because you hype her all the time, but you don't actually say any of her strengths. Be specific for example do you love her style of play, some particular shots, etc.

You comment on other players weaknesses, but not say anything on Anett's strengths. So it becomes really hard to take you seriously.

Yes it's hard to comment on players that barely get any TV courage (like Vekic, Bencic, Abanda), but like you said you seen Anett more than anyone here, so why don't you comment on her game?
What do you mean? You want me to say why i think what I say about Anett is justified???
Basically, there are 3 reasons I like Anett. First, she is Estonian. I have Estonian relatives and love the country, so the fact that I get to hear more interviews with her and just have relatives from the same country, I like her more. Secondly, she seems like a really nice person. When I saw her play Traralgon and the Australian open, she always carried herself nicely and was always smiling. When she was in Traralgon she was always nice to the children who would wait around the practice courts and would always say hello to other players and fans. Finally, I really like her style of game and attitude. Her strokes are clean and well struck, giving her a very clean game. Her strokes are not jagged and rough but her racket is like an extension of her arm if you know what I mean. She never gives up and doesn't behave like a brat. She is also not a little American Princess. She has shown that she can beat top players and except for in more recent times, she doesn't really get overtaken by nerves. She is calm and never screams and except for her slightly annoying grunt, she is the perfect image of a tennis player IMO The reason why inhype her, which I only do in places relevant (I don't litter GM with posts about her anymore) is because she has shown that she can beat top players so my expectations for her are very high. Also, I saw her practice at the Aussie Open with a few of the boys players and she was killing them. I think she underperforms in matches, and after seeing her play when it doesn't matter or when there is no pressure, i am determined she is underranked in Juniors and Seniors, so that's why I think she lost because she played badly. It will be interesting to see what the Estonian newspapers say about it as they will get a statement from her for sure. So to answer your main question, the reason why I "hype" her is because IMO she is deserving of it Well at least she should be deserving of it, but these results don't help my cause. But just so you know, todays match was actually closer than most people think

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:44 AM   #1023
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
What do you mean? You want me to say why i think what I say about Anett is justified???
I mean is you say stuff like "Anett can beat player X" or "Anett can win this tournament". That's ok.

But I just want to know what you think about Anett's game and why she has so much potential.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #1024
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean is you say stuff like "Anett can beat player X" or "Anett can win this tournament". That's ok.

But I just want to know what you think about Anett's game and why she has so much potential.
I am confused by your question. I have answered part of it in the post above but in terms of me thinking she can beat various players, I have nearly always been right. I got this one, Mrdeza (because of lack of knowledge of her [I though she was just a 25K qualifier but she was actually top 240 ]), Marcinkevica, Hogenkamp and Bouchard wrong all year. they are my only mistakes And they have all achieved significant things since beating her. I don't think my predictions have been ridiculous or biased

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM   #1025
country flag binky-GOAT

That's not what I meant. I agree with most of your predictions due to past performances and the like.

What I was asking is, what do you like about Anett's game?
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #1026
country flag chingching

Quote:
That's not what I meant. I agree with most of your predictions due to past performances and the like.

What I was asking is, what do you like about Anett's game?
I answered that in my first post
Her technique, attitude, power, placement and her willingness to move foreward. I hope she adds more of an element of intelligence into her game as sometimes I get the impression she is just trying to hit winners. Although, I do believe she plays to her opponents weaknesses very well

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1027
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
I answered that in my first post
Her technique, attitude, power, placement and her willingness to move foreward. I hope she adds more of an element of intelligence into her game as sometimes I get the impression she is just trying to hit winners. Although, I do believe she plays to her opponents weaknesses very well
Thanks. I was hoping you'd be more specific
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #1028
country flag chingching

Quote:
Thanks. I was hoping you'd be more specific
What kind of answer do you want to hear, and I'll work from that

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:14 AM   #1029
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
What kind of answer do you want to hear, and I'll work from that
Ok.

On Anett's technique, I see nothing special. Do you believe that it looks beautiful or she gets easy power? I don't. Looks standard from what I have seen.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #1030
country flag chingching

Quote:
Ok.

On Anett's technique, I see nothing special. Do you believe that it looks beautiful or she gets easy power? I don't. Looks standard from what I have seen.
She gets easy power and it's a smooth technique, meaning she won't get injuries
If you see it live you will realise it isn't standard, especially her backhand which has a lot of flair involved. Everything is smooth and she has been taught very well

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1031
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
She gets easy power and it's a smooth technique, meaning she won't get injuries
If you see it live you will realise it isn't standard, especially her backhand which has a lot of flair involved. Everything is smooth and she has been taught very well
There is definitely nothing wrong with it, but many girls have that technique and it's nothing special. It is something I dislike about the WTA, most players have the same technique, while on the mens side almost everyone has a unique technique.. Most girls are better on the backhand side too, so that flair you talk about is again standard.

Also I don't think she gets easy power, because you can both see and hear the effort she puts when hitting balls.
I recently watched a short clip of Abanda hitting, and that is what I mean when someone gets easy power, it's gentle.
Anett has power no doubt about that, she has an Azarenka style of baseline grinding game in my opinion. But what influence comes from technique is if it looks like a gentle stroke, and I just don't see it in Anett.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:34 AM   #1032
country flag chingching

Quote:
There is definitely nothing wrong with it, but many girls have that technique and it's nothing special. It is something I dislike about the WTA, most players have the same technique, while on the mens side almost everyone has a unique technique.. Most girls are better on the backhand side too, so that flair you talk about is again standard.

Also I don't think she gets easy power, because you can both see and hear the effort she puts when hitting balls.
I recently watched a short clip of Abanda hitting, and that is what I mean when someone gets easy power, it's gentle.
Anett has power no doubt about that, she has an Azarenka style of baseline grinding game in my opinion. But what influence comes from technique is if it looks like a gentle stroke, and I just don't see it in Anett.
When you see her live, you can see. She doesn't have flair in the way that Federer has flair, but her forehand is definately not machine made. Her backhand may be, but it has such beautiful timing and gets good spin and she always hits it in the middle of the racket. I know what you mean about her being the same as everyone else, but I think she is slightly different in that I think her shot selection is more thought out and she come to net. In terms of technique, I understand your point even more as she has the "ballbasher" footwork and follow throughs but I think despite her forehand looking bland, it has many intricacies to it that would surprise you. She is more than most think

Her technique is not what made me like her though. She reminds me a lot of my sister

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM   #1033
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I admit after her great Australian summer in 2011 I thought Bojana could be a pretty good player. She finished 2010 as the youngest player in the Top 100. Now I'm realistic in that she's never going to be that great.

And Donna Vekic is a lot better than Anett, whether or not you want to admit it, it's a fact.

And thanks for your bad rep.
Donna is better. Making it a habit of beating nobodies. Like Errani. Donna will achieve a lot
It's fine I realised it was unfair to just give them to Donna's dislikeable fans

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1034
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Donna is better. Making it a habit of beating nobodies. Like Errani. Donna will achieve a lot
It's fine I realised it was unfair to just give them to Donna's dislikeable fans
The f*** is wrong with you again?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1035
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
The f*** is wrong with you again?
Nothing
Anyway, you should be happy I am not being mean to you
I like you now
And due to this I will ignore the little addition of swearing and an emoticon you made