Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #91
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
Re: Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread

Such a great tournament. Now the real test - time to build on this!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #92
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Amazing run. Winning Eastbourne and then reaching the quarters of Wimbledon again.

I find it so funny how she can go on these winning streaks and have no stamina issues at all. Like winning in Quebec from qualifying. And the quality of tennis + the fighting spirit when she is losing. It makes it very hard to understand how she can lose so many first rounds (or before first round lol)
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #93
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
Amazing run. Winning Eastbourne and then reaching the quarters of Wimbledon again.

I find it so funny how she can go on these winning streaks and have no stamina issues at all. Like winning in Quebec from qualifying. And the quality of tennis + the fighting spirit when she is losing. It makes it very hard to understand how she can lose so many first rounds (or before first round lol)
Yeah, most of it seems to be Tamira's mentality. Just like her love for grass....hard courts/plexicusion would actually benefit her forehand takeback even more by giving her more time, but she's struggled on the surface for the last few years after the Jankovic match. And she also has very penetrating shots that would be perfect for clay, but same story there...

I think Pavel will (continue to) be very beneficial in giving Mimi more confidence.

Last edited by Dav. : Jul 6th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Dav. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #94
country flag barabanschikova_fan

barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all

just a quick reminder how well Tamira performed at the beginning of the hard season after her run at Wimbledon 2011. Just before injuring his abdomen muscle and playing injure to avoid loosing too much points (US open, Quebec city, etc.)
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #95
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barabanschikova_fan View Post
just a quick reminder how well Tamira performed at the beginning of the hard season after her run at Wimbledon 2011. Just before injuring his abdomen muscle and playing injure to avoid loosing too much points (US open, Quebec city, etc.)
I mean consistently, though. The indoor season was kind of rough from what I remember, although I'm sure the injury caused much of that.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #96
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Mimi is going to the Olympics!!

@BenRothenberg
BREAKING: ITF changes decision, rules Austrian Wimbledon quarterfinalist Tamira Paszek eligible for Olympics.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #97
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how much of the decision had to do with the fact that she was arguably one of the three of four best on grass this year and could be a real factor in the race for the medals. hmmm.... At any rate, good for her.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #98
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Tamira's Up-Coming Schedule:
OG
Cincinnati
Montreal
New Haven
US Open

Seems like a lot.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #99
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that seems a lot.

I just pray that she will stay healthy from now on... then she will top her career-high-ranking very soon

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #100
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
Yeah, that seems a lot.

I just pray that she will stay healthy from now on... then she will top her career-high-ranking very soon
If she gets a good draw at OG....
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #101
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

They enter stuff and pull out all the time though. I bet she ends up pulling out of at least one or two of those. OG, Montreal and USO are locks. New Haven I would say is doubtful. Cincinnati maybe.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #102
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

She's pulled Stanford & Carlsbad.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #103
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved that she goes to the Olympics
Any chance of mixed doubles with Melzer? Mimi played mixed at Wimbledon with Knowle and they reached the third round, but Knowle is not going to London, so Mimi can play with either Melzer or Peya, and probably Melzer since he is ranked higher

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #104
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Well deserved that she goes to the Olympics
Any chance of mixed doubles with Melzer? Mimi played mixed at Wimbledon with Knowle and they reached the third round, but Knowle is not going to London, so Mimi can play with either Melzer or Peya, and probably Melzer since he is ranked higher
I was wondering that as well.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #105
country flag barabanschikova_fan

barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all barabanschikova_fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
Yeah, that seems a lot.

Just a reminder, she has a lot of points to defend in the next 3 weeks so will see what will happen Quic like that I think a 2nd round plus a 1/4 and a semi in DC... OG will be a very strong draw, same thing for Montreal as she is the third starting from the bottom in the MD. It wont be easy to reach carreer high before US open.
Then after she will loose Quebec city points as the original plan is that she won't go unless she ask for a last minute WC. She is very popular in quebec city but they don't have any money there to bring popular players and the wait is quite long between 1st week of US Open and Quebec city. Plus it's freaking cold out there in Septembre