The Eirini Paniyiri (Eirini Georgatou Cheering Thread) - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #781
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Eirini Paniyiri (Eirini Georgatou Cheering Thread)

I had a dream that I saw her and she told me she didn't retire and that she just wanted to take off some time to practice rowing () and that she will start playing tournaments again next month . I was so mad when I woke up . Hopefully there will be news soon
I was bored so I made a list of her top 200 wins:
2009-25K Karshi-SF-d. (#185) Ksenia Palkina KGZ 6-4 6-7 6-3
2010-25K Namangan-QF-d. (#185) Ksenia Lykina RUS 6-1 6-4
2010-25K Izmir-QF-d. (#198) Irina-Camelia Begu ROU 7-5 7-5
2011-25K Clearwater-R32-d. (#183) Lauren Albanese USA 6-3 6-7 6-3
2011-25K Bath-R32-d. (#168) Liana Ungur ROU 6-0 2-0 ret.
2011-100K+H Johannesburg-R16-d. (#169) Cagla Buyukakcay TUR 6-2 4-6 6-4
2011-50K+H Saint-Gaudens-R32-d. (#193) Darya Kustova BLR 6-1 7-6
2011-French Open-QR1-d. (#135) Zuzana Kucova SVK 6-4 6-4
Only 8 . She could have so many more . But I guess when you are only 21 when you play your last tournament, you can't have many top 200 wins . Maybe she is just taking a few months off for now to focus on her studies so she can graduate and then she will return to the tour? . Yeah, I've ran out of ideas for why she stopped playing

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #782
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Down to 289 in the rankings
Any news?

Old Jun 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #783
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

What has happened? Is she ever going to play again?

Daniilidou, Muguruza, Cornet, Azarenka, Lisicki, Stosur, Na, Date-Krumm, Cirstea,
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #784
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
What has happened? Is she ever going to play again?
Okay I know someone from Cyprus and she said that she remembers reading somewhere that Eirini didn't retire due to financial reasons and that those were false rumors made my tennis24.gr. She told me that the article said that Eirini was taking a break
But it was so hard for me to watch McHale vs. Konta because it was my first time seeing Konta and she sort of reminds me of Eirini

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #785
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

I don't understand what's going on.

I hadn't read anything about her retirement. I assumed she was injured because I think last time she played she retired in Baku against Nicelescu if I'm not mistaken.

I thought her recovery was just taking a long time. I really hope she comes back, I saw her play in Melbourne and she was good. Always wanted her to at least make it into a Grand Slam or win a couple of main draw matches at tour level.

Daniilidou, Muguruza, Cornet, Azarenka, Lisicki, Stosur, Na, Date-Krumm, Cirstea,
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #786
country flag hellas719

Quote:
I don't understand what's going on.

I hadn't read anything about her retirement. I assumed she was injured because I think last time she played she retired in Baku against Nicelescu if I'm not mistaken.

I thought her recovery was just taking a long time. I really hope she comes back, I saw her play in Melbourne and she was good. Always wanted her to at least make it into a Grand Slam or win a couple of main draw matches at tour level.
After Baku she played USO Qualies (how could you possibly forget her epic win over Kolar?) and then a few ITFs until the end of October

And she should've beaten Sharipova in Tashkents MD last year, such a waste of a draw

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #787
country flag Danii's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
After Baku she played USO Qualies (how could you possibly forget her epic win over Kolar?) and then a few ITFs until the end of October

And she should've beaten Sharipova in Tashkents MD last year, such a waste of a draw
That's right. I forgot about USO, she lost to U Radwanska in the 2nd round.

She needs to get back into the game. I was lucky enough to see her as Aus Open qualys and she was so solid.

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #788
country flag hellas719

Now unranked
I hope she comes back....

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #789
country flag hellas719

She was at a coaching seminar in Athens

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:26 PM   #790
country flag hellas719

1:10-1:20 is Eirini's sister, the Olympic diver

I miss Eirini

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:48 PM   #791
country flag hellas719

Some photos that I found that I don't think have been posted here before

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM   #792
country flag Danii's Law

So sad. Can she just start playing again.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #793
country flag Tennismylife

Tennismylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So sad. Can she just start playing again.
She teaches in a tennis club near where I live and apparently she won't be starting again.. But we can't know that.
Tennismylife is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM   #794
country flag hellas719

Why did she stop? Do you know?

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #795
country flag hellas719

A video of her training in slow motion at Fed Cup in Israel in 2011:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1306246...-8NhVqX-8Nm1hJ
The caption says its Papamichail but it's actually Eirini, I'm completely sure

In August, Eirini went to the city of Sitia on the island of Crete for a week to promote the sport of tennis there

Eirini is the one in the white outfit at the beginning of this video, so nice to see her out there on the courts again

A video from the event where you can see during some parts of it that Eirini is volleying with a young boy.

Mixed doubles exhibition in Sitia. Eirini is the one in the black and gray outfit, easily the best player out there in this video

Someone commented on this video on YouTube saying Eirini's forehand that was called out was really in

Some points and interview

She basically said that in tennis you need to have a lot of support, etc. *And then she talked about the event

I'm surprised that there was so much publicity at this event, and it's really good that even through she doesn't play tournaments anymore, she is stating close to the tennis courts