Anett Kontaveit - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #976
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett up at 69 for Astana and 24 for Wrexham
There are going to be massive withdrawals from one or the other soon because many players have doubled up

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #977
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

After Astana she will play 75k+H in Beijing and then will start prepare for the US Open.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #978
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
After Astana she will play 75k+H in Beijing and then will start prepare for the US Open.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great
Source though
I believe it's true, coming from Meelis but I haven't found any articles on it
This is so good though as she is finally playing in a weaker field,a s she will probably make Main Draw
I can't wait

BTW, I am looking around the internet for photos of tennis players and I have just started looking for Anett
Here are some photos of her at the 2010 Estonian Championships where she defended her title as a 14 year old

Last edited by chingching : Jul 9th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #979
country flag chingching

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #980
country flag chingching

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #981
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Finally some "weaker" tournaments! That's great that she has decided to travel to Beijing. Meelis can probably predict the MD cut-off, for example for this week's 50k-s in North America it is 453 and 725.

And to think - just a year ago she was playing the 10k events in Finland. After that she has 5 more tournaments allowed if I'm not mistaken, that should be enough for filling the schedule in October-November.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #982
country flag chingching

WTF ARE ON THOSE TOPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #983
country flag chingching

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #984
country flag chingching

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #985
country flag chingching

I agree with muusa.
It is a feat that Anett is where she is given that a year ago she lost QF of a 10K
And what is even more shocking IMO is that in just her 4th even, she won a title!!!!!! And she had had no wins at MD level except the QF the week before. That was when I realised she was going to be good

I know these photos clog up a bit, but I can move them when I create my Anett's photos thread. Anett doesn't have enough active supporters to do so just yet though

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #986
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is now 5th in junior rankings, but will drop to 9th or 10th after the points from Linz come off next week. The next chance for collecting points is Canadian Open, assuming she'll play this as a warm-up for USO. Last year she didn't do that well in North-America, hopefully it will be a bit better this time. What I find really great is that she can play well on different surfaces - indoor hard, clay of course and even grass as we all saw last week. Only outdoor hard seemed to be a problem - USO and AO and their warmups did not go that well, but then again it was kind of unlucky draw in Australia where she had to face Townsend in a relatively early round in both competitions.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #987
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Anett is now 5th in junior rankings, but will drop to 9th or 10th after the points from Linz come off next week. The next chance for collecting points is Canadian Open, assuming she'll play this as a warm-up for USO. Last year she didn't do that well in North-America, hopefully it will be a bit better this time. What I find really great is that she can play well on different surfaces - indoor hard, clay of course and even grass as we all saw last week. Only outdoor hard seemed to be a problem - USO and AO and their warmups did not go that well, but then again it was kind of unlucky draw in Australia where she had to face Townsend in a relatively early round in both competitions.
She played well in Israel though, so improvement seems to have been made
Anett is up to 12th on the Alternates for Wrexham and 48th for Astana with one day until closing.
Thankfully there are still many non first preferences in both tournaments

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #988
country flag chingching

The withdrawal deadline has been reached for 100K Astana and Anett is still the 21st Alternate
I hope she gets in
If she played Baku I think she would be in Qualies already

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #989
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
The withdrawal deadline has been reached for 100K Astana and Anett is still the 21st Alternate
I hope she gets in
If she played Baku I think she would be in Qualies already
Actually it closes at 14 GMT, so still an hour left
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #990
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Lists are not updated in real time anyway.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote