Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories?

Wimbledon 2004 6 21.43%
US Open 2006 3 10.71%
Australian Open 2008 13 46.43%
Roland Garros 2012 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories?

Definitely Wimbledon. The tennis she displayed on grass was breath-taking. Beating players like relevant Dokic, relevant Hantuchova, Peak Sugiyama, Peak Davenport and Serena Williams on grass = . None of her other GS title runs really stand up to this batch of wins IMO. Altho the fact she beat Henin twice in two of her GS victories is also very impressive.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #17
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
Definitely Wimbledon. The tennis she displayed on grass was breath-taking. Beating players like relevant Dokic, relevant Hantuchova, Peak Sugiyama, Peak Davenport and Serena Williams on grass = . None of her other GS title runs really stand up to this batch of wins IMO. Altho the fact she beat Henin twice in two of her GS victories is also very impressive.
She didn't beat Dokic at Wimbledon 2004. She beat her the year before (2003)

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #18
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
She didn't beat Dokic at Wimbledon 2004. She beat her the year before (2003)
Haha I always confuse the Dokic win with 2004 for some reason. Thanks for correcting.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open for sure. It wasn't just Peakpova in terms of her game, it was absolute Peakpova mentally - she just had a glint in her eye which let you know there was no way she was leaving the tournament without the trophy. As Virginia Wade said immediately after that final, "the most impressive Grand Slam run from anyone since Steffi Graf"
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #20
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I might have to change my answer to the AO after re-watching her QF versus Henin. Other than reasons already stated, this tournament also displayed Peak Swaggerpova. I love the way she bitch stomped all over the court. She was out for blood the entire event

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #21
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Definitely AO 2008. UnbeatablePova.
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #22
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
It's hard to decide.

Wimbledon will always be special because it was her first, and Wimbledon is probably the most special one to win for the players.
The Us Open because she was no longer a One-Slam-Wonder, that dress, and that hilarious moment with the trophy.
The Australian Open because of the exceptional form she showed.
Roland Garros because it's almost like a fairy-tale how she won them all in order, and the story of fight and endless determination that's behind it; completing the career Slam, first tennis player to win a Slam after shoulder surgery, first Russian to hold all four, she got back to number one etc, etc.
Can you read my mind? That was exactly what I was thinking
I'm voting for wimbledon because that was the first time I saw her and she played so well in the final. What a fearless 17 year old she was. But every slam is very special. Now complete this collection with olympic medal
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #23
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ko0 View Post
they were all fabulous runs, but i went with wimbledon as it was her first, and it was the tournament which made me fall in love with her !
Thats how i feel. The way she powered through that tournament i will never forget. Roland Garros 2012 was pretty special too.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #24
country flag istase2000

istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Australian Open for sure. It wasn't just Peakpova in terms of her game, it was absolute Peakpova mentally - she just had a glint in her eye which let you know there was no way she was leaving the tournament without the trophy. As Virginia Wade said immediately after that final, "the most impressive Grand Slam run from anyone since Steffi Graf"
Totally agree. There was 0% doubt in my head she was going to win. Her strut around the court had such a confident aura to it, very different from the pova we see today.
istase2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #25
country flag SharaGaGa

SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice SharaGaGa is just really nice

Personally it's her AO '08 run because she was just so dominant! I want her to play in such form again! I wonder what will be the outcome if she would've faced Serena (instead of Jelena) in her form then...
SharaGaGa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote