Is Safina done? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #16
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Safina done?

Yeah she's done. It's a pity, too, and it makes that 09 French Open final even more devastating. She wanted it so bad, but she couldn't get out of her own way.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #17
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

she received so much shit in 09 but once she's gone everyone misses her
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #18
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I have a soft spot for her, I really hope she only comes back if she's in condition to get back to the top of the game I really don't want to see her go through yet more humiliation and heartbreak for nothing.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #19
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I Miss Her So Much It Such A Shame Wat happen too her I Still hope she return one day, Sometime I think she going pull off a Kim and Comeback outta nowhere and surprise everyone, hopefully that happen

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu

Last edited by Trey : Jul 8th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #20
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
OMG I Miss Her So Much It Such A Shame Wat happen too her I Still hope she return one day, Something I think she going pull off a Kim and Comeback outta nowhere and surprise everyone, hopefully that happen

It could happen. She is, what, 26 and she has had loads of experience: number one, slam finals, big wins. She will never lose that experience and can always draw on it, like what Kim, Henin and Hingis all did on their post-retirement comebacks.
If her injury heals, she could come back at 28 and play a few more Roland Garroses. She is soooo good on clay and she will be so hungry and ready, she could do it.
It is my dream anyway :O I miss her too.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #21
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyelloballz View Post
It could happen. She is, what, 26 and she has had loads of experience: number one, slam finals, big wins. She will never lose that experience and can always draw on it, like what Kim, Henin and Hingis all did on their post-retirement comebacks.
If her injury heals, she could come back at 28 and play a few more Roland Garroses. She is soooo good on clay and she will be so hungry and ready, she could do it.
It is my dream anyway :O I miss her too.
I really see that happening Her coming back like Kim or Henin and surprise player Like Vika, Preta, Caro, & Aga, who at the time might in won slams or still trying too win their first slam, and Safina comeback with the Experience like u sad and also more Improve & Mental Strong as well and Win a Her first GS

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #22
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
OMG I Miss Her So Much It Such A Shame Wat happen too her I Still hope she return one day, Something I think she going pull off a Kim and Comeback outta nowhere and surprise everyone, hopefully that happen
Is English your first language?

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #23
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm stunned that it ended this way for her. So sad. I thought she had the potential to win a few GS. Not meant to be I guess.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #24
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyelloballz View Post
Her website is down too...it expired and she did not keep it going. I kind of wonder if she just went away quietly
I hope not. I think she really DESERVES a Roland Garros title.
2008-2011 was her window if she was ever going to win a French (or any other slam but obviously the French was the only one she ever had a shot of winning). 2008 and 2009 she couldnt quite due it, and unfortunately due to injuries, mental decline, and just overall collapse of her mind, body, and game, she was never in contention to do it in either 2010 or 2011. I dont think the window is going to be there for the middle aged group any longer, not just Safina but Kuznetsova and the like too. Generation Suck are finally taking over on top, Sharapova by far the most talented and best middle aged player is back on top, and Serena is still clearly the best in the game and could be for more years to come. Pretty much all the slams the next 4-5 years will be won by some combination of Serena, Sharapova, Radwanska, Kvitova, and Azarenka, with only 1 or 2 others sneaking in for one at some point maybe.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #25
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Brother Safin said awhile ago she was done, but few days later she tweeted she was not

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #26
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
she received so much shit in 09 but once she's gone everyone misses her
Everybody has a soft spot for her now that she is not a threat anymore.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #27
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
2008-2011 was her window if she was ever going to win a French (or any other slam but obviously the French was the only one she ever had a shot of winning). 2008 and 2009 she couldnt quite due it, and unfortunately due to injuries, mental decline, and just overall collapse of her mind, body, and game, she was never in contention to do it in either 2010 or 2011. I dont think the window is going to be there for the middle aged group any longer, not just Safina but Kuznetsova and the like too. Generation Suck are finally taking over on top, Sharapova by far the most talented and best middle aged player is back on top, and Serena is still clearly the best in the game and could be for more years to come. Pretty much all the slams the next 4-5 years will be won by some combination of Serena, Sharapova, Radwanska, Kvitova, and Azarenka, with only 1 or 2 others sneaking in for one at some point maybe.
Peak Safina is still a better clay court player than all the currently active players.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #28
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

I also feel that marat's participation on the tour, even if he was average by then, motivated dinara to keep competing and going 100% on the tour. When he retired, her game really started to decline and even though she had physical issues, I think her motivation really took a dip. If Marat was still competing today, a part of me me believes that she would've tried everything to stay on the tour. He just seemed to have that effect on her.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #29
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately. I miss her and wish she'd never got injured.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #30
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
I also feel that marat's participation on the tour, even if he was average by then, motivated dinara to keep competing and going 100% on the tour. When he retired, her game really started to decline and even though she had physical issues, I think her motivation really took a dip. If Marat was still competing today, a part of me me believes that she would've tried everything to stay on the tour. He just seemed to have that effect on her.
His level didnt really dip though. That was his game. He'd play well, win a tournament, go get drunk and sleep with anything that moved and then come back and win again a few years later.

Safina just hit a bad spot. She couldnt win and then she got injured. Shed already started tanking after she lost that second french. If she had actually been winning matches before the injury she'd have come back, but thats not the case.

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote