On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 283 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #4231
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
My concern is that if we change things we may not have a place to discuss ATP matches here. That's it. Typically it is just the slams that garner any interest so you will likely get a break from it shortly, at least until the U.S. Open. Again, I don't see the problem. You don't like something and are trying to force the rest of us to change to suit you. That seems excessive and unnecessary. Can't you accept something that you don't like that other people do enjoy?

If you go back and read what I typed this is what I said:

At the time that I wrote that it was true, no one else had spoken up in agreement with Burisleif. If enough people speak up and agree with that side of the discussion then a change will need to happen but I think it is fair to go along with the majority and at the moment the majority seems content to allow ATP discussion here. I would be fine with an all ATP thread but as has been pointed out by you and others such threads tend to be locked. That being the case the "off-topic" thread is likely the best place for those discussions.

If you disagree with something you shouldn't be shy about saying so, you certainly haven't been in the past. As long as you are respectful in your disagreements I don't believe that anyone is going to have any problems with you voicing your opinions.
Sorry,DIAH,that's putrid reasoning on many levels:

For one,there ARE people who'd rather not get in between a squabble,and we can only guess how many posters fit into that category because we can't force them out with a general request to choose sides.

Perhaps your most pathetic excuse was that you wouldn't have a place to discuss the ATP;you offered the same bullshit a couple months ago when you claimed that poor,helpless trolls wouldn't be able to discuss Caroline unless we invited them here...cuz GM was such a poisoned well...The tragedy,huh?.Here's a concept for you: Talk with your MOM...or a friend from school...about ATP...or,and here's an amazing concept: Go to MEN'S TENNIS FORUM

A hypocritical argument was that the endless blabbing wasn't that excessive;my anti-slut jokes--no need to name the person--was DEFINITELY only occasional...at MOST once every couple of days,usually once every 1 or 2 weeks...and I stopped doing it here cuz a small number of you felt it was excessive.Mind you,this was no big compromise on my part,but I wanted to point out your hypocrisy...and if you're gonna sit there and pretend that others--ESPECIALLY Protoss--don't focus on the ATP Premiers,too(NOT just the Slams),then you're simply lying your ass off

Your Majority Rules excuse is,by far,the best of the bunch but CERTAINLY not an end-all;having a majority doesn't prove that a group is morally or procedurally correct in all instances.We could recite historical examples of where a majority supported slavery...or beliefs such as a flat earth,pantheism,or macro-evolution.It's convenient for you that you've randomly decided HOW much of a majority is sufficient(see the example in the paragraph directly above,where there were only 3 or 4 plaintiffs)...and you seem to be missing Burisleif's relevant thrust so let me use small words for you: THE MODS MIGHT CLOSE THE THREAD....I didn't say it in Spanish so you shouldn't need google translator there.

I'll simplify for you: If you can get a GUARANTEE from Ryan that neither he nor any other mods will close the thread over the constant Swishville point-by-point live scores,then I'll continue going along with the status quo as I've usually done.However,Burisleif raised a truly relevant risk and,as mentioned above,there are PLENTY of places for you to worship man-purse-carrying,snotty punks...so,if you CAN'T procure such a guarantee from Ryan,then shut your piehole and go back to proclaiming Caroline's destruction as you do best...at least that's procedurally permissible,w/o doubt,in the forum

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #4232
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

If it gets too much I'd imagine Ryan would post a sorta polite bit of advice r.e. the regularity of the discussion of ATP stuff and leave it at that for the time being.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #4233
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with the ATP being discussed here, in fact I get the occasional post in myself about the subject. And btw - on other player forums they also post about the ATP on their off topic threads. But if it's to be a cause of never ending bickering it's not worth it as far as I'm concerned. It's already bad enough that posters don't get along when it comes to discussing Caroline, so I'm not interested in seeing people pulling each others hair out over Andy Murray.

As of late this players forum has become almost as unpleasant a place as GM because over here you would expect people - no matter how different their opinions about no matter what may be - to get along because we have one thing in common and it's that we all support the same player. But unfortunately it seems that that is too much to ask for. Some opinions are tolerated and others are not. Get over it. Difference of opinion is inevitable unless you have a one man/woman forum where you write both the original post and the replies to it.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4234
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Nielsen/Marray Wimbledon champs after another 5-sets win 4-6, 6-4, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3 over Lindstedt/Tecau(5) on a wild card entry, having never won a title together before!
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #4235
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing

Stort tillykke til Freddie/Jonny (big congrats).
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4236
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

We all thought (and hoped) that a Dane would be hoisting a slam trophy soon but I don't think any of us thought that it would be that particular Dane.

Had Nielsen and Marray even played together before?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4237
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but not very often, and at a much lower level (Challengers). Nielsen/Marray were finalist in Nottingham shortly before Wimbledon, but that's probably the only time they've played together the last 4 or 5 years!

It's quite amazing what they've achieved here, and it's not because they had a lucky draw: Nielsen/Marray defeated 4 seeded teams (#2, 5, 8 & 9) on their way to the title including the Bryan Brothers!
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #4238
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We all thought (and hoped) that a Dane would be hoisting a slam trophy soon but I don't think any of us thought that it would be that particular Dane.

Once a few weeks ago...
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #4239
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I confess to being completely clueless regarding doubles but that has to be something of a rarity. I would guess that familiarity and chemistry play a big part and obviously they can't be too familiar with each other yet.

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #4240
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I confess to being completely clueless regarding doubles but that has to be something of a rarity. I would guess that familiarity and chemistry play a big part and obviously they can't be too familiar with each other yet.
Marray himself said in an interview that they have known each other and been friends for a long tiome and that being able to share this experience with freddie meant alot to him so they must be very close too.

a little side note - freddie's followers on twitter jumped from 2,900 before his wimbledon win to over 4000 since.

i see caro kind of gave him a little shout out and she's been watching him this wimbledon, gave a couple tweets about his run
misty1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #4241
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't have a problem with the ATP being discussed here, in fact I get the occasional post in myself about the subject. And btw - on other player forums they also post about the ATP on their off topic threads. But if it's to be a cause of never ending bickering it's not worth it as far as I'm concerned. It's already bad enough that posters don't get along when it comes to discussing Caroline, so I'm not interested in seeing people pulling each others hair out over Andy Murray.

As of late this players forum has become almost as unpleasant a place as GM because over here you would expect people - no matter how different their opinions about no matter what may be - to get along because we have one thing in common and it's that we all support the same player. But unfortunately it seems that that is too much to ask for. Some opinions are tolerated and others are not. Get over it. Difference of opinion is inevitable unless you have a one man/woman forum where you write both the original post and the replies to it.
This is a very thoughtful post above...very typical of you...but I was heading out the door to work right as you posted it.

You are correct that other forums have such postings,but I've only seen one other,the A.I. forum,where it was nearly so frequent(and perhaps the mods cut those fans some slack since their fave so rarely offers anything meaningful to discuss,tennis-wise).To be fair,I haven't checked every major forum on the site.We seem to agree that the topic(ATP) isn't even CLOSE to being worthwhile if it leads to the thread's closing.Personally,I don't think that Burisleif would deliberately lie about TF protocol in such a way;otherwise,he would lose ALL credibility once a mod had exposed the falsehood...and I've SEEN mods close threads over inappropriate content,so it certainly DOES happen.

....So I'll make things simple:I'm going to PM Ryan right now and request a clarification...and ask him to post it in open forum just in case there's anyone who'd suspect me of lying about Ryan's response.If Ryan states that there's no risk of a thread closure,then the ATP worshippers can blab away and fight it out with those who get tired of it.If there IS a risk of thread closure,then that should settle the issue---off to MTF or put a sock in it!!.......That was NOT a harsh imperative directed at YOU...rather a listing of options for those who are apparently a bit too dissatisfied with the WTA

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #4242
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Embarassing perfomance by Fed as Murray holds for 6-4 1st set.

Fed with 11 winners, 16 unforced errors in the 1st set. Fed had only 10 unforced errors in the whole match against Djokovic, 13 against Youhzny, and 18 against Malisse.

Last edited by Protoss : Jul 8th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #4243
country flag DownInAHole

Roger had his chances in that eighth game, had he taken one of them he may have won the set.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #4244
country flag DownInAHole

Roger breaks to win the second set 7-5. If he can get an early lead in the third Murray may be prone to getting frustrated and giving the set away.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #4245
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger breaks to win the second set 7-5. If he can get an early lead in the third Murray may be prone to getting frustrated and giving the set away.
Whew. Fed broke for 7-5 2nd set at 40-30 from 0-30 down.

Fed had a couple of games in that set where he had to save 2 to 3 break points.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread