How can i get Davenport-like power? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of
How can i get Davenport-like power?

Ok so here is my thing:I've watched matches of Lindsay lately and i was really amazed by her ,,easy" power.What i want to know is how can i try to get that same power(if possible).Do i need to get lower string tension on my racquet?Or change my technique?Any answer would be appreciated
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #2
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future
Re: How can i get Davenport-like power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena_Williams_ View Post
Ok so here is my thing:I've watched matches of Lindsay lately and i was really amazed by her ,,easy" power.What i want to know is how can i try to get that same power(if possible).Do i need to get lower string tension on my racquet?Or change my technique?Any answer would be appreciated
Good point i go look up and see what string tension she used back in the day when she played and also, what string where they, also Lindsay was the type of player who took the ball early so keep studying and look at alot of her video online and then practice on your swings hope this helps
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #3
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Here a Great Video Of Davenport you can study

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJk_5...eature=related
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #4
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lindsay had her racquet strung at 63/64lbs and with natural gut, which would factor in too.
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #5

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Lindsay had her racquet strung at 63/64lbs and with natural gut, which would factor in too.
Wow i didn't expect it would be 63/64 lbs.That's so much Currently My strings are at about 28 kg so... Anyway thanks for some answers
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #6
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
That's surprisingly tight for such a big hitter like Lindsay. Of course, her technique was near flawless.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #7
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wow i didn't expect it would be 63/64 lbs.That's so much Currently My strings are at about 28 kg so... Anyway thanks for some answers
She could generate her own power so she kept the strings tight for her control. Any chance that you might grow taller than 6'
JeMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeMa View Post
She could generate her own power so she kept the strings tight for her control. Any chance that you might grow taller than 6'
I don't know to tell u my height in feet so ill do it in metres ( ) I'm 1,83 m tall and 17 and a half years old
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #9
country flag TheDiamond

TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice TheDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
A few factors can help improve your power. A heavier, stiffer frame will help generate more power, as will lower string tensions.

But, don't forget an important factor that many do - easy power comes from racket head speed.

Good luck.
TheDiamond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #10
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't know to tell u my height in feet so ill do it in metres ( ) I'm 1,83 m tall and 17 and a half years old
That is about just 6 feet. And your racket strings are just about 62lbs. Lindsay is 6'2. You are very close to having the same outside factors so I guess you need to have Lindsay's workout regime from back in the day. I don't know if she did any gym work but that could help along with hitting flat. Lindsay served flat and hit flat.
JeMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #11
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

Lindsay hit the ball relatively flat with conservative grips. Most important is her great timing.
This is how you hit with effortless power.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #12
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveyourfeet View Post
Lindsay hit the ball relatively flat with conservative grips. Most important is her great timing.
This is how you hit with effortless power.
Exactly. That's something you either have or you don't.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #13
country flag tennisfan500

tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all

just go for your shots without hesitation. that's easier said than done but if you have the mentality to just play powerful, it will come
tennisfan500 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote