On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 281 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #4201
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Long time no read, good to see you back...

FLN is Carolines fed cup team mate so pretty much qualifies for a Caroline related thread.

I was more thinking of the mens reults, live scores, and adulation postings being irrelivant to both a Scandi player section, a Caro thread, and WTF in general, so rather than this thread being flooded with such posts and used as a MTF live score toilet they deserve there own thread which those with zero interest in Fed, Puerto, Nole, and Andy can knock themselves out
Nielsen can't be Caro's Fed Cup team mate unless he has a sex change operation.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #4202
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
interest in Fed, Puerto, Nole, and Andy can knock themselves out
... suggesting that mens tennis is off-off-topic?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #4203
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
just make a Caro doubles thread - he would be relevant there

- or a Caro doubles partners thread
So a thread that gets used once or twice a year then?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #4204
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

So Britain's Andy Murray made the Wimbledon final. First British male to make the final since Kong Knud (King Knut) ruled the British Isles. Now we wait until Andy (likely) loses to Federer and Andy will again be Scottish ..

I should perhaps inject here that I kind of like Andy Murray. He's very grounded and work extremely hard and carries the weight on his shoulders from the entire British media well.

In men's dubs Løchte Nielsen and another Brit, Marray, made the final. Also for the first time since the days of King Knut.

Nielsen has career prize money of 'just' $324k (Source: Wiki), so RUP $100k or even $200k as winner, should surely tie him over until the next Challenger tournament

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #4205
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So a thread that gets used once or twice a year then?
Well if Freddie and what's-her-name from CPH-Open (no disrespect - just bad memory) starts making noise, or if Freddies succes inspires Caro to double her doubles-tourney-entries - then their combined efforts may instigate as much as three or four times of relevant activity in said thread every year
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4206
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if Freddie and what's-her-name from CPH-Open (no disrespect - just bad memory) starts making noise, or if Freddies succes inspires Caro to double her doubles-tourney-entries - then their combined efforts may instigate as much as three or four times of relevant activity in said thread every year
I doubt her lack of interest in doubles is rooted in a lack of potential partners. Even though she isn't a experienced doubles player i doubt she would be having trouble to find girls to play with on the tour.

That being said, this is of course a great accomplishment for Freddie

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #4207
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... suggesting that mens tennis is off-off-topic?
To this thread, absolutely, unless slightly Caro related like her fed cup partners progress. For her doubles tennis we already have a Caro tennis thread.

In short when half the subject matter in this thread is about Fed, Puerto, Andy, and Nole and mens live scores, then its time to make a thead for that rather than risk this one with OT posting.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4208
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
So Britain's Andy Murray made the Wimbledon final. First British male to make the final since Kong Knud (King Knut) ruled the British Isles. Now we wait until Andy (likely) loses to Federer and Andy will again be Scottish ..

I should perhaps inject here that I kind of like Andy Murray. He's very grounded and work extremely hard and carries the weight on his shoulders from the entire British media well.
He has a shot on Sunday. That said, I hope that Federer wins because I'm a Fed fan. But people in the UK should be proud of the guy. He always gives it his best shot and he's having a great career but just like with Henman before him some people are always on his case. Why? Why not not criticize the other British guys that come a long way behind him and never do anything instead of someone who's been a top four player for years? If they think they can do a better job let them pick up a racquet and do it themselves. I wonder what amazing things they have done in their lifes themselves other than to nag about those who are actually out there doing it.

Photo added to make sure we stay on topic.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jul 6th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #4209
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ US Open Series winners 2010 ... Those were the days ...

On topic? Hmmmmm. Isn't this the off topic thread?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4210
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In short when half the subject matter in this thread is about Fed, Puerto, Andy, and Nole and mens live scores, then its time to make a thead for that rather than risk this one with OT posting.
Such a thread would be immediately deleted by the mods. Calling a female player a bitch or a whore is no problem, but as soon you'll post a thread about mens tennis the mods will refer you to MTF which is even more vile than GM. They do more or less tolerate it on the "anything goes" threads of the player forums though.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #4211
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
That's what I thought. But apparently not.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #4212
country flag The Reff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I
That being said, this is of course a great accomplishment for Freddie
looking at his past achievements it's closer to an unbe-f**king-lievable accomplishment

he's 28, he has one previous GS showing and his doubles ranking is 112. Marray is 76. They are there on a wild card .. it's close to the twilight zone (not that I'm complaining )
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4213
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Nielsen can't be Caro's Fed Cup team mate unless he has a sex change operation.
You know what i mean... They are both on the National Squad.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #4214
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not really had enough time to reflect upon it... If I were to contemplate a change however, it would probably be a bit more radical and out of the box, specifically as a means to also eliminate height and other physical advantages. I fell in love with the sport for it's tactical nuances, and fell out of love with it due to too many aces and short points. Any method to restore it to a more tactical sport again would be welcomed by me. Failing that, if it becomes all about power and size again, then I can as a spectator always fall back on Badminton (a much better spectator sport imho) and other passions like cup sailing and cycling again... Track cycling has to be experienced at least once if your a sports fan.

Are Angliru and I, the only Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank, or track fans here?
I like track cycling.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #4215
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
^ US Open Series winners 2010 ... Those were the days ...

It isn't the mens live score thread. Drowning out all conversations with mens tennis isn't the purpouse of this thread, rather its a thread to allow section member conversations and loosely related Caroline discussion without flooding the main tennis thread with it. You allready know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Such a thread would be immediately deleted by the mods. Calling a female player a bitch or a whore is no problem, but as soon you'll post a thread about mens tennis the mods will refer you to MTF which is even more vile than GM. They do more or less tolerate it on the "anything goes" threads of the player forums though.
So why risk this thread? Call it what ever you disguised name you like... I'm glad to see that you apreasiate the concern.