Anett Kontaveit - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #961
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Yeah, the winner gets 500, but other than that, GSs points and GAs points are similar, which is absurd. I have to agree here with chingching Most of the GAs are considerably weaker than grand slams. Same for doubles as far as I'm concerned. 360/180 points for the winners, but 120/120 for the runner-ups. 120 means 30 real points and considering you already have some points in your bag, it means being RU in a doubles GS gets you less points than winning a G5 in singles in one of your first tournaments
IKR!!!!!!!!!!! I also think that it is absurd that not only do they divide your doubles points by 4, but they also give you less points before they are divided. So if a GS winners doubles points are divided by 4, then they should get 125 points, but they only give you 360 to start with so you get 90
You you're doubles points end up being divided by 6
No wonder Demi Schuurs never got higher in the rankings

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #962
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won doubles with Indy 1-6 6-2 10-4
After going down a set and almost a break, I didn't have much hope, alhough I didn't really care. And then they won
Next they face Svitolina/Gavrilova, a hard time given Svitolina's been to the Doubles Final at Wimbledon before and Dasha is RG Doubles Champion, but IMO it's doable if they finally play well

Anett is first on Court 8 for her semi-final tomorrow and last on court 19 for her Doubles quarter-finals. The Semi will not be streamed, as won't the Doubles but the singles finals is streamed almost every year

Another photos of Anett on the ITF Article
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...emifinals.aspx

Some great news and bad news has come: First the good news: Anett has entered some pro tournaments
They are the 100K in Astana and the 25K in Wrexham
I am glad she is trying 100K (It is her first preference)
Here are the Entry Lists:
Astana 100K
Wrexham 25K

The bad news, is that it is the same week as European Championships so she will have to skip one or the other

Last edited by chingching : Jul 6th, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #963
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Oh, dammit, I forgot the final will probably be streamed. I already watched Genie several times on streams and one time on TV, so go go Anett!
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #964
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Oh, dammit, I forgot the final will probably be streamed. I watched Genie several times on streams and one time on TV, so go go Anett!

The match is supposed to have started but I think it's raining in London
I hope it starts soon

The European Championships List has been released: ANETT IS NOT ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! How did that happen Lisanna Pihlak, her good friend from EKSM is replacing her

Anett could actually win this tournament as the top seed is Bencic (who I thought would play 16s ) and the only experienced Juniors playing are Kovalets, Kostic, Kremen and Gasparyan, all of who I think Anett could beat

Anyway, it's the pro results that matter and she is playing some this week, but this may cost her a top 10 year end ranking and Junior Exempts (if she even needs them )

Anyway, the others representing Estonia at the European Championships are Erika Hendsel and tatjana Vorobjova in the 16s and Jana Kuzovkova and Valeria Gorlats in the 14s

Last edited by chingching : Jul 6th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #965
country flag chingching

Anett lost 7-6(3) 6-4
She should have won the first set and played some stupid points in the second but Eugenie played freakishly well
Good luck to her in doubles
Her and Indy have a genuine shot given how close Svitolina/Abanda's match has been

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #966
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Who did she lose to at last year's European Championships again?

I looked at those entrylists. Astana 100k is strong, Anett is 80 something out, I doubt she'd make it in. So she'll probably play Wrexham (those 25ks doesn't go for her at all, but unfortunately she's ranked too low to skip them). Also, if she's willing to go to Astana why wouldn't she have tried to enter Baku IS, as it's the same week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisboss View Post
14 players IN Q - Larsson, Cabeza Candela, Zaniewska, Lertcheewakarn, Domachowska, Puchkova, Savchuk, Jones, Dolonc, Krunic, Dzehalevich(SR231), Wang, Garcia Vidagany(SR234), Gavrilova

TOP ALTs to Q - Zhou(SR250), South, Solovieva, Van Uytvanck, Fujiwara
And top alts at Astana are #237, #2238, #240, #241
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #967
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post

I looked at those entrylists. Astana 100k is strong, Anett is 80 something out, I doubt she'd make it in. So she'll probably play Wrexham (those 25ks doesn't go for her at all, but unfortunately she's ranked too low to skip them). Also, if she's willing to go to Astana why wouldn't she have tried to enter Baku IS, as it's the same week

And top alts at Astana are #237, #2238, #240, #241
I thought she would try and play Baku too
But she should make Astana, and will probably almost be seeded for Qualies. I like that she will have to come through Qualies
If Astana has a similar field to next weeks Biarritz (it should be harder as there is also Baku and Olomouc 100K) then Anett would be the 10th player in Qualies. These draws die down very quickly
There are 78 Players who don't have Baku as their first preference and there will be others that just pull ou for other reasons so I am not too worried about Anett not making it
I annoyed that she didn't play tthe 25K the week before as she could have gotten a Semi or a Final from it
Anyway, I would love for Anett to qualify and win a round, but that may just be a pipe dream. She has to remember she but Putintseva on Clay, and Putintseva has won a 100K + H

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #968
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Why would she play ECH? U16 is prestigious, U18 is so-so...

Quote:
As a 2nd seed in U-16, Anett lost to Camilla Rosatello in the third round.

Quote:
I looked at those entrylists. Astana 100k is strong, Anett is 80 something out, I doubt she'd make it in. And top alts at Astana are #237, #2238, #240, #241
Of course she would make the cut. Unlikely they will have a qualifying draws without byes, even using bunch of unranked locals.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #969
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Why would she play ECH? U16 is prestigious, U18 is so-so...

As a 2nd seed in U-16, Anett lost to Camilla Rosatello in the third round.
That's what I was thinking, she lost to someone random, so it's not given she'd win it this year

And since you're both sure she'll make the cut in Astana, a way to go I have a feeling she'll do better in there than she'd do in UK.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #970
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Too bad that Bouchard got her revenge in the most important match
Still, good effort for Anett - two slam semis in a row. Maybe another one at USO?

I think it's great that she wants to try Astana 100k, but maybe Astana 25k a week before would be better for collecting points.

Btw, Indy and Anett lost in doubles also, the tiebreak was very close. How unlucky.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #971
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett and Indy lost in doubles, 46 62 8-10. They started that tb well, leading 6-3** but after that...
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #972
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Still best doubles result in her ITF career
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #973
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Anett and Indy lost in doubles, 46 62 8-10. They started that tb well, leading 6-3** but after that...
NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such a shame
hey could have made the final and gotten revenge on Bouchard
Anyway, still a good effort
As Meelis said, Anett's best Doubles result in her career
Although I thought she did better at Yucatan
I hope she plays Astana instead of Wrexham
BTW, Anett is now the 80th Alternate in Astana and the 31st in Wrexham

Some photos of Anett from Wimbledon
They are all in the Junior Article
Here's the link
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...he-finals.aspx
I love the one of Anett Thinking/Pouting with the Teddy Bear on her bag in the corner

Last edited by chingching : Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #974
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

she's improving, we could not ask her to win every tournaments
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #975
country flag chingching

Anett up at 78 in the Astana Alternates List
28 on Wrexham
There is only 1 First Priority in whole Wrexham MD List Anett has only 10 1st Priority players in front of her
She would almost be seeded

I still think Astana is the way to go though