Anett Kontaveit - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #946
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I basically agree with your second paragraph, but Ana still hasn;t beaten any big players. I she has beaten players who have beaten Anett, but no wins over Putintseva, Vickery, Bouchard, Barty (), Sharipova etc. Sure, Ana beat Adrijana quite comfortably but everyone has bad days. This was straighta after Ana barely beating Zimmerman and her early losses on the Pro Circuit, along with her Bagel stage

Also, squashes over Gonzalez and Csoregi on clay aren't that impressive because look at their rankings and who they have beaten. And squashes over Allie Kiick and Putintseva on clay are also impressive

I am not saying Ana is a bad player, because that is completely untrue and I like her. But IMO, she is overhyped and overranked
Don't compare Anett with Ana in terms of whom have them defeated, because Anett has 2 long years of matches more than Ana. Ana didn't play yet against Putintseva, Vickery, Bouchard or Sharipova, so you could make a comparison. Even if she would have did, it wouldn't be relevant yet, as she's almost 3 years younger than all of them. She's 14 and a half years old, for Christ sake. Which girls of her age defeated top juniors?

I guess you wanted to name Anett when talking about almost losing to Zimmerman and losing on the pro circuit
Let's take Gonzalez, she's a 18 years old, 3 years and a half older than Ana, with a career high of #5, based on points obtained from clay tournaments. I know she's out of form, but isn't it impressive for Ana to have a 3-0 H2H against her, all in straight sets, 2 of them being on clay, including a 6-1 6-3 win?

However, as I said yesterday, Anett should get an easy win.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #947
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Don't compare Anett with Ana in terms of whom have them defeated, because Anett has 2 long years of matches more than Ana. Ana didn't play yet against Putintseva, Vickery, Bouchard or Sharipova, so you could make a comparison. Even if she would have did, it wouldn't be relevant yet, as she's almost 3 years younger than all of them. She's 14 and a half years old, for Christ sake. Which girls of her age defeated top juniors?

I guess you wanted to name Anett when talking about almost losing to Zimmerman and losing on the pro circuit
Let's take Gonzalez, she's a 18 years old, 3 years and a half older than Ana, with a career high of #5, based on points obtained from clay tournaments. I know she's out of form, but isn't it impressive for Ana to have a 3-0 H2H against her, all in straight sets, 2 of them being on clay, including a 6-1 6-3 win?

However, as I said yesterday, Anett should get an easy win.
Her age is irrelevant to the fact if Anett is going to beat her or not
I never said Ana was bad for her age, I said ANETT WILL BEAT HER!!!!!!!! And Anett is
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #948
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett wins the first set 6-0
Ana has a great shot at winning

Last edited by chingching : Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #949
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Her age is irrelevant to the fact if Anett is going to beat her or not
I never said Ana was bad for her age, I said ANETT WILL BEAT HER!!!!!!!! And Anett is
I think we have this disscusion already and I won't start it again. I just take as stupid to think 2 years of experience doesn't make any difference at this age. We shall find out who's better in a few years. Now it's to early to tell.
And I never said that you ever said Ana is bad for her age

Quote:
Ana has a great shot at winning
Fuck off!
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #950
country flag chingching

Quote:
I think we have this disscusion already and I won't start it again. I just take as stupid to think 2 years of experience doesn't make any difference at this age. We shall find out who's better in a few years. Now it's to early to tell.
And I never said that you ever said Ana is bad for her age

Fuck off!
Once again, implications
You kept on saying how good Ana is for her age, implying that I thought she was bad

And you wonder why I give you bad reps
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #951
country flag chingching

Anett won!!!!!!
Well done Anett
She played sooo well: 4/1 Aces/DF, 5/5 BPs, 15/8 W/Ue

Ana will be good though
She gets so many free points on serve and if her first serve percentage was better, she would have won the second
GL Anett in the SF

Now doubles
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #952
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that was quick! However, the second set was more balanced, I even thought Anett might drop that when she lost her serve once. Great result of course, two semis in a row! But this time it should not stop here, I really hope so. I wonder who would be a better opponent for semis, Bouchard or Lottner? Both are dangerous no doubt, she knows Bouchard well, but has never played Lottner so I'd go with Bouchard here.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #953
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Wow, that was quick! However, the second set was more balanced, I even thought Anett might drop that when she lost her serve once. Great result of course, two semis in a row! But this time it should not stop here, I really hope so. I wonder who would be a better opponent for semis, Bouchard or Lottner? Both are dangerous no doubt, she knows Bouchard well, but has never played Lottner so I'd go with Bouchard here.
I agree
I think Lottner would make her move too much
And Eugenie's back in the match
Also, Eugenie is a Mental Midget at GS SFs

IMO, The winner of Anett's semi will win
I hope it's her
What great it would do for Estonian tennis, and she would be top 10

Last edited by Meelis : Jul 5th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #954
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

I think that it is not a very good idea to post private messages to public but hopefully Dan_Doe achieved what he/she wanted. Anyway nice win for Anett Is there any chance that SF or F will be braoadcasted live?
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #955
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
I think that it is not a very good idea to post private messages to public but hopefully Dan_Doe achieved what he/she wanted. Anyway nice win for Anett Is there any chance that SF or F will be braoadcasted live?
Final will definately. Semifinal I am not so sure as only Court 1 and Centre are streamed from now on. I have never seen Anett on a livestream before

And I also hope he achieved what he wanted, because if he didn't then everyone would have been hurt

Anett plays Eugenie in the SF after Eugenie won 4-6 6-0 6-2
I hope that isn't a sign
Anyway, IMO this will be Anett's best chance ever for a GS
And to think she lost to Storm Sanders 2 and 1 in the last 2 sets last week
Another Trofeo Bonfiglio incident

Here are some nice photos of Anett at wimbledon. She always looks funny when she's playing
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...475514807.html
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...474925726.html

Last edited by chingching : Jul 5th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #956
country flag chingching

Anett and Indy won DOubles 6-4 3-6 10-8
From 3-2 up, everyone held serve until 9-8* Anett/Indy, where they broke. It made the 7-8 and 8-8 Points very tense

Anyway, Anett/Indy have to play Krejcikova/Rosca which given the surface and their ranks, should be easier than this one IMO
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #957
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
I think that it is not a very good idea to post private messages to public but hopefully Dan_Doe achieved what he/she wanted.
Well, I found it offensive for the Romanian and Croatian community, not for me, so I wanted to let them know what chingching think about them. I know it's not cool, but we're even now, we talked and I think we got along. For the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching
And I also hope he achieved what he wanted, because if he didn't then everyone would have been hurt
I'm a dangerous man, damn ya', fear me

I don't know which girl to root for, probably Anett, as Genie should've left juniors for good some time ago, but I hope one of them will eventually win the final. Also, I guess Anett needs it more. And I see her as the favourite, considering their H2H.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #958
country flag chingching

Quote:
Well, I found it offensive for the Romanian and Croatian community, not for me, so I wanted to let them know what chingching think about them. I know it's not cool, but we're even now, we talked and I think we got along. For the moment

I'm a dangerous man, damn ya', fear me

I don't know which girl to root for, probably Anett, as Genie should've left juniors for good some time ago, but I hope one of them will eventually win the final. Also, I guess Anett needs it more. And I see her as the favourite, considering their H2H.
True but this is Grass, so Genie may have the upper hand there. I am still going to go with Anett as she is definately less tired and because of the H2H as you said

I hope Anett wins this and moves away from Juniors. A win here would keep her in the Top 10 if she got some points from doubles and European Championships

The Junior Ranking Points system is stuffed up though. The fact that Varvara Flink or Beatriz Haddad Maia got as many points as Anna Karolina Schmiedlova at RG or Yulia Putintseva at Australian Open is plain unfair, and the Runner Up here will suffer the same fate. If Anett wins, she will be the first person since Yulia Putintseva to hold 2 GAs
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #959
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Don't you get 500 points for winning Grand Slams and only 250 for regular GAs?
I know. I was talking about Runners Up
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #960
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Don't you get 500 points for winning Grand Slams and only 250 for regular GAs?
Yeah, the winner gets 500, but other than that, GSs points and GAs points are similar, which is absurd. I have to agree here with chingching Most of the GAs are considerably weaker than grand slams. Same for doubles as far as I'm concerned. 360/180 points for the winners, but 120/120 for the runner-ups. 120 means 30 real points and considering you already have some points in your bag, it means being RU in a doubles GS gets you less points than winning a G5 in singles in one of your first tournaments