Wimbledon - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #301
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Wimbledon

...I really had a terrible night, I just could think of that unlucky 10th game in the last set
when will luck be finally on her side on these important, tight matches?

well, I do still feel so sad
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #302
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

This might cheer you up. Kiri and Nadia are 3-0 up in the final set of their doubles this afternoon. Hope they can finish off the Williams sisters!
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #303
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't feel any better about Maria's valiant effort today than I did yesterday. I am still frustrated. Makiri lost when she should have won. How the heck did she lose serve 6 times when she had 9 aces and only 1 double fault. Kiri had more senstational stats than Radwanska did yet she still lost for the fifth straight time to Aga. Masha needs to become a better match player and strategist. Aga averaged only 76 MPH on her second serve. Maria should have stood well inside the baseline and feasted on those creampuff second serves. I think winning matches like these are where a good coach could really help Maria. I have never seen Makiri with such superb serving stats and so many winners (52) in a match. It really is a shame she lost. Check out the stats from the Kirielnko / Radwanska match and you'll see how special Maria's play was against the world #3.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #304
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGottaSeeHer View Post
This might cheer you up. Kiri and Nadia are 3-0 up in the final set of their doubles this afternoon. Hope they can finish off the Williams sisters!
A win over the Williams sisters would be sweet and it could help Maria and Nadia's chances at the Olympics. But at this point knowing Kiri and Petro were up 3 - 0 in the third set against the Willaims sisters does not really cheer me up.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #305
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, typically they've broken back. *3-4. Knew they'd struggle to close it out!
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #306
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGottaSeeHer View Post
Yep, typically they've broken back. *3-4. Knew they'd struggle to close it out!
Good God Serena does not need to win this match and Kiri and Nadia still might lose it.

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #307
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

So frustrating. Venus DFs 3 times to give them an early break, but Kiri gets broken on her 2nd service game. Williams sisters raise their level, break Kiri at love and then Serena serves it out to take the 3rd set 9-7. What an awful end to Wimbledon after such a promising start, and such opportunities wasted both yesterday and today.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #308
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
So frustrating. Venus DFs 3 times to give them an early break, but Kiri gets broken on her 2nd service game. Williams sisters raise their level, break Kiri at love and then Serena serves it out to take the 3rd set 9-7. What an awful end to Wimbledon after such a promising start, and such opportunities wasted both yesterday and today.
Wow another brutal mentally deflating loss for Kiri in doubles. Just hard to believe. Her daddy should step aside as Kiri's coach for good and let a real tennis coach help Maria with real confidence and in closing matches in singles and doubles. This has been a career long issue for Masha and it won't all of a sudden just go away. I have been a follower of tennis for decades and I can never recall a player of promise lose so many close singles and double matches as Makiri does. Her her heartbreaking losses in singles yesterday and doubles today has to just crush Kiri and weigh her down with doubt about coming through in the clutch. Poor girl. She deserves better.

Last edited by the cat : Jul 4th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #309
country flag sheeta
Lifetime Member

sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice

3rd set, led 4-1, but just couldn't keep going on. Another close match for her, really afraid of her mental, it's a huge setback of her. And now is the time for her just take some rest, also have some prepares for the olympics games. Btw Williams sister also is a tough couple to play, even they are unseeded couple

Victoria Azarenka Maria Kirilenko Petra Kvitová Angelique Kerber Simona Halep
sheeta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #310
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeta View Post
3rd set, led 4-1, but just couldn't keep going on. Another close match for her, really afraid of her mental, it's a huge setback of her. And now is the time for her just take some rest, also have some prepares for the olympics games. Btw Williams sister also is a tough couple to play, even they are unseeded couple
True.

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #311
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

The last 2 singles matches definitely had a big physical and psychological impact on Kiri.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #312
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

now another frustrating loss in doubles
kiri is just so unlucky at the moment! every time when a match is really tight, and when it's more or less just a matter of luck on deciding points to win or lose it, then kiri loses it

yes her stats in the match against aga were so amazing, I still can't get it how she couldn't win! That makes this loss so frustrating...
but do you remember? after s-hertogenbosch we also thought that maria would be mentally total down, we even thought she probably would lose shamefully in R1 in wimbledon.. and then she reached the quarterfinal!! and almost the semifinal!! hey, that's something great! her best wimbledon perfomance ever!! She should and she will see the positive things from the last two weeks, after taking some days rest
I also think that she is an enormous fighter, she won't give up! Those unlucky losses make her even hungrier to finally win a big title! And she gets closer and closer! I mean, on monday she will get a new career high ranking!! One day, all will come together for her, and we'll be happy Maybe we'll just have to be patient and to wait 2 or 3 years, kiri is still young, and without any doubts, she has the talent!

...olympic bronze medalist...

Last edited by peterlein : Jul 4th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #313
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Thanks for the sad update. I am mad and sad for Makiri. But I truly hope she looks at Aga and thinks Aga is #3 in the world so I can be top top 5 too. Thsi tournament should motivate Maria to go for the top 10 and maybe even the top 5 soon.
I have been a fan of Maria's for 10 years and this is her tenth year on the WTA Tour and in 10 years she has had only 2 chances to make the semi's at a grand slam and lost both times. Today's match was crushing. The luckier player won and the better player lost. But that's tennis. I hope Kerber routs Radwanska.
I'm mad and sad for her too. She played a superb match, really high quality, and she started the strongest when play resumed on Centre Court. Then Aga got that lucky net cord and she fell to pieces. 30-30, she only needed 2 more points! I could understand her losing confidence if she had hit a bad error but the fact it was down to a net cord she had no control over I just don't get. All that excellent play and attitude undone. Sad thing was, I was watching waiting for the meltdown to happen and it did I guess it's just something to expect when you support Maria.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #314
country flag peterlein

another question: the next tournament for kiri will be? the olympics? oh dear, I can't wait so long, it's 24 days to the first round in singles/doubles

...olympic bronze medalist...
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #315
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Good question ?

I just saw Stanford and San Diego are before the OG, I wonder how many players will go to California, come back to England, and go back to the USA for the rest of US Open series

So Maria isn't planning to play Stanford or San Diego (well she lost in R2 last year so it's not to bad for her ranking), I suppose it's better for the OG and better for her health (she lost in a terrible way both singles and doubles at Wimbledon but at least she is not injured this time). I've a friend who wanted to see her in San Diego (actually Carlsbad), he will be disappointed