Anett Kontaveit - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #916
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I wouldn't take the Allgurin/Peterson combo as an easy opponent. Their single results are so-so, but they're both Swedish and having ~ the same age, so I guess they know each other very well.
I see Anett and Indy as the favourites, though.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM   #917
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I wouldn't take the Allgurin/Peterson combo as an easy opponent. Their single results are so-so, but they're both Swedish and having ~ the same age, so I guess they know each other very well.
I see Anett and Indy as the favourites, though.
Perhaps
I had heard from somewhere though that Ellen had been isolated by the Swedish Tennis Association as she and her family had refused coaching from them
Anyway, if Anett/Indy can get past them then a QF is almost inevitable
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:29 AM   #918
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett is playing singles tomorrow as the 4th match on Court 11 against Elise Mertens
I may not be able to very emotionally follow livescores but I will try now that my tournament is over
Sadly she is not playing doubles as they are behind and haven't been able to fit it in the schedule. She may have to play 3 matches tomorrow or the day after
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM   #919
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
When playing this week, Anett needs to remember that she beat Paszek in straight sets earlier this year.
I know
It's sooo funny whenever I think of it
Anett has beaten a Premier Titlist and 2 time GS QF

Hopefully it will be her one day
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM   #920
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anett is playing singles tomorrow as the 4th match on Court 11 against Elise Mertens
I may not be able to very emotionally follow livescores but I will try now that my tournament is over
Sadly she is not playing doubles as they are behind and haven't been able to fit it in the schedule. She may have to play 3 matches tomorrow or the day after
Actually even 5th match, there are 4 boys' matches before that. I really hope there won't be any rain delays, otherwise it will be postponed to the next day most likely.

Great, just as I was typing they suspended the matches

Last edited by muusa : Jul 3rd, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #921
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

She's now scheduled to play 3 matches on Wednesday. 1st on court 4 against Mertens, and the winner plays 3rd match on the same court against winner of Vickery/Haas. And later, not before 3PM there's the doubles 1st round match, court TBA.

I don't know what's the forecast, but hopefully she'll get to at least finish the 2nd round match
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM   #922
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

tomorrow will be another rainy day for sure
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #923
country flag chingching

At least her 2 singles matches are before doubles and her opponents have to play 2 matches as well, presumably closer than her meeting with Mertens.
Sadly, the entry list to the European Championships is still not out, being a week late. I hope she's on it
Also, she is still on no entry lists for WTA's or higehr level challengers so I hope she will play one in the week released on Thursday
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #924
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Anett is already a break down against Mertens. I have a deja-vous feeling
She'll manage to win it eventually, but it's a shame she has to struggle so much with weaker opponents.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #925
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Anett def. Mertens 64 63

Served for it at 5*-1, but within the next 4 games she decided to improve her 2nd set w/ue stats from 11/1 to 14/7. Anyway, positive stats, and also many net approaches. Well done

Now one match in between, and she'll face Vickery who spent a little less time on court today than Anett.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #926
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Won 64 63 over Mertens. Next up Vickery who got a convincing win over Haas.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #927
country flag chingching

Sorry that I went away for live updates. Family thing
I should be here for her next 2 matches
Anyway, she defended her points from last year
Now a QF is very close
A SF is possible with a match against Konjuh, Korashvili, Danilina or Gonzalez, all awkward opponents on the surface but doable. I expect Gonzalez to beat Danilina given it's grass and then Konjuh to beat Korashvili, before Montserrat beating Ana despite Ana winning their previous meetings simply due to the surface

BTW, Hopefully Anett's 1000th post is her winning Wimbledon Juniors
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #928
country flag chingching

Anett is going on now
Luckily there has been no rain so far

BTW, Anett's stats were actually really good for her
+16 Winner/EU Ratio and only 2 Doubles + 1 Ace

Also, Vickery's stats were quite disappointing with a -8 (Haas's stast were a -25 , and on grass )
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #929
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Beat Vickery 76(6) 64 Great way to finish the match, 4 straight games

Make it 3/3 today later and good luck in the next round!
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #930
country flag muusa

Nice win! Hopefully it won't be her last here. Next up Gonzalez or Konjuh. I doubt Anett has played either of them..