London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM   #31
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

After a good 3 or 4 of days rest and then 3 weeks of preparation she'll be as good good as new and ready to kick ass - All she's to do then is to keep it up for 6 days

Is that her Olympic dress? - Looking good! - Although - superstitious as I am - I'd rather preferred either white or black
MashaFan01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #32
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought I'd ever say this, but can't they play on clay instead?

It's become pretty obvious that grass is no longer Maria's best surface, if it ever was to be honest. It's now clay (like, I know right), indoors and hard courts.

Just check out her last two losses. Good serving by her opponents on a fast surface when her own serve didn't click.
Oh well, maybe a few more weeks of rest will do her some good. I just hope she enjoys the moments here.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #33
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I think Pova should take a good week off. Her tennis isn't the problem as much as she's simply mentally drained, I think. Has she ever played as many matches at this point during the season as she has this year? She just needs a break to let these past few weeks really sink in, to recharge her batteries and to refocus on the second half of the season.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #34
country flag Dieter.
Lifetime Member

Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all

Time to take a few days off and recharge the batteries, so she will be ready to kick some ass at the Olympics.
Dieter. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM   #35
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
I think Pova should take a good week off. Her tennis isn't the problem as much as she's simply mentally drained, I think. Has she ever played as many matches at this point during the season as she has this year? She just needs a break to let these past few weeks really sink in, to recharge her batteries and to refocus on the second half of the season.
I think she has but I also think that she's played almost as many matches already this year than she has in any year since she came back.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #36
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

I think she just needs a rest too. Her game hasn't deserted her--she doesn't need to train. I think she's just mentally drained, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
After a good 3 or 4 of days rest and then 3 weeks of preparation she'll be as good good as new and ready to kick ass - All she's to do then is to keep it up for 6 days

Is that her Olympic dress? - Looking good! - Although - superstitious as I am - I'd rather preferred either white or black
That was her dress for 2008 Olympics that never happened.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM   #37
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Totally agree. She needs a break. Didn't get a chance to really celebrate her big win.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM   #38
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Everything you've said.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #39
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I never thought I'd ever say this, but can't they play on clay instead?

It's become pretty obvious that grass is no longer Maria's best surface, if it ever was to be honest. It's now clay (like, I know right), indoors and hard courts.

Just check out her last two losses. Good serving by her opponents on a fast surface when her own serve didn't click.
Oh well, maybe a few more weeks of rest will do her some good. I just hope she enjoys the moments here.
No offense - but who said that grass is Masha's best surface? - She herself has never stated that - all she's said was that she loves to play on grass - Since Wimbledon 2004 - she hasn't had any significant successes on grass except for the Wimbledon final last year
MashaFan01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #40
country flag Mashi

Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris started yesterday and ends on the 5th... The ESPYs are on the 11th or 10th, I believe.
That explains everything.
Mashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #41
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserpova View Post
GTFO.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #42
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
No offense - but who said that grass is Masha's best surface? - She herself has never stated that - all she's said was that she loves to play on grass - Since Wimbledon 2004 - she hasn't had any significant successes on grass except for the Wimbledon final last year
she only lost to eventual champion from.2005~2007 in Wim. I still think Grass is her best surface with her old game
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM   #43
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserpova View Post
You're worse than haters, you're childish and I prefer 100 of those people in GM who honestly say they don't like Maria, rather than having a "fan" like you.
I'd lose 1000 "fans" like you every day.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM   #44
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Why do the Olympics have to be on her worst surface? Oh well lets hope she gets more practise on it

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM   #45
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
I think she just needs a rest too. Her game hasn't deserted her--she doesn't need to train. I think she's just mentally drained, that's all.

That was her dress for 2008 Olympics that never happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSV View Post
Totally agree. She needs a break. Didn't get a chance to really celebrate her big win.
Agree with you guys. I don't see that she's in need of intensive training. Even in this tournament, she played near her best in very brief patches - it was just she couldn't string it together on anything like a consistent basis, which as you guys said indicates mental exhaustion more than it does that her serves/footwork/groundstrokes etc. fundamentally aren't good enough.

Though when she DOES start training again, whenever that may be, can she please focus on try and being more aggressive from early in the point rather than the claycourt-style rallying she was doing today
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote