Anett Kontaveit - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #901
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #902
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Anett does another Roland Garros

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #903
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Trofeo Bonfiglio was explainable by lack of practicing due to the exams as she mentioned herself. Then it looked like she really got it going in RG and was ready for some good runs in Roehampton and Wimbledon. But now after this I really don't know what to expect anymore.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #904
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Trofeo Bonfiglio was explainable by lack of practicing due to the exams as she mentioned herself. Then it looked like she really got it going in RG and was ready for some good runs in Roehampton and Wimbledon. But now after this I really don't know what to expect anymore.
Well she almost lost first round in RG, and clay is her preferred surface, and sanders is left handed at not that bad a player (her match vs Khromacheva is in the junior video thread). I think if Anett gets another kind draw a QF or SF is not out of the question with perhaps some better doubles results. I would like her to be top 10 without needing to play Orange Bowl, so if she can do well in European Championships (if she plays, entries come out tonight) and US Open + Canada Open along with Wimbledon, I think that's doable. In the long run though, these results don't matter that much

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #905
country flag chingching

Why isn't entry list for GB1 Klosters out yet???
It was supposed to be out 2 days ago

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #906
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why isn't entry list for GB1 Klosters out yet???
It was supposed to be out 2 days ago
Next Tuesday.
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #907
country flag chingching

Quote:
Next Tuesday.
Not according to the factsheet. It says it was going to be released Tuesday 2 days ago
BTW, here is a photo of Anett in Roehampton. She looks like a ghost in white. If only it wasn't Wimbledon season, and she could wear a more appropriate colour that made her look more tanned. Even last years was better. Look:

She obviously looks better in the darker colours

BTW, she still hasn't entered any challengers. This weeks list came out and she wasn't on any. I am hoping she is on European Championships list at least, so she can get some matchplay

Last edited by chingching : Jun 29th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #908
country flag muusa

Faces Haddad Maia in the first round of Wimbledon
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #909
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Plays on Saturday. We never know what to expect from her, but hopefully she manages to win. GL
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #910
country flag chingching

Quote:
Faces Haddad Maia in the first round of Wimbledon
I don't think its too worrying
Haddad Maia hasn't really done anything stellar in the past
Anett has an awkward section so if she gets past Haddad Maia and Vickery, I pick her for the Semis or even the Finals

BTW, her match may be streamed

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #911
country flag muusa

Anett won 4-6 6-3 6-1
Next up Elise Mertens.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #912
country flag chingching

Anett won 4-6 6-3 6-1
She only won 3 points on return in the first but returned and in general played really well from 1-1 in the second set
She served quite well throughout the whole match and except for the second set choke (she won it on her 9th set point ) which included leading 0-40 at 5-2, she basically won 11 games in a row with one or two detours
A decent start

Next she has Elise Mertens from Belgium who defeated Varvara Flink 6-4 6-3
I would put Anett as the favourite to meet Sachia Vickery in the last 16, where I would like her to get US Open revenge

The doubles draw hasn't been released yet but I expect her to be in the top 4 seeds with Indy de Vroome

Mertens main results have been a Runner Up at the Mediterranee Avenir G1 (losing to Indy de Vroome) and winning the SFAX G2 in Tunisia

No real problems for Anett IMO as Mertens lost to Haddad Maia 6-2 6-3 last week and 6-3 6-2 to Varvara Flink the week before, even though she beat Flink this week

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #913
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Much tougher than expected. Bia is basically a claycourter. She lost to Zarazua on grass two weeks ago I've expected Anett to win it in two routine sets.
Mertens should be easy as well, but who knows...
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #914
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, was worried after the first set but I knew she still can win this match. Hopefully she gets more wins

BTW, this result reminded me something from this year's AO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelkafka View Post
Bia Maia already won professional tournaments, with just 15 years and 6'1 tall. She will eat her alive
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #915
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Phew, was worried after the first set but I knew she still can win this match. Hopefully she gets more wins

BTW, this result reminded me something from this year's AO

IKR!!!! That was so funny
Anett is playing doubles with Indy de Vroome
I love Indy so this is one of my favourite combos
Also Dutch/Estonian and Indy is good on grass despite her loss to Belinda last week
This is their draw
(1)Bouchard/Townsend (CAN/USA) v Bosio/Vega (ARG/ARG)
Sherif/Sutjiadi (EGY/INA) v Lushkova/Uberalova (UKR/SVK)
Csoregi/Ostapenko (ROU/LAT) v (wc)Askew/Dunne (GBR/GBR)
(6)Danilina/Haddad Maia (KAZ/BRA) v Haas/Sharipova (AUT/UZB)

(4)Abanda/Vickery (CAN/USA) v Lekaj/Sanders (CRO/AUS)
Flink/Lottner (RUS/GER) v (wc)Rush/Sellyn (GBR/GBR)
Lemmens/Mertens (BEL/BEL) v Kasatkina/Komardina (RUS/RUS)
(8)Gonzalez/Scholl (PAR/USA) v Brady/McPhillips (USA/USA)

(7)Bencic/Konjuh (SUI/CRO) v (wc)Asghar/Silva (GBR/GBR)
Fanning/Korashvili (NZL/UKR) v Sasnovich/Vekic (BLR/CRO)
Kiick/Zhao (USA/CAN) v Routliffe/Salnikova (CAN/RUS)
(3)Deheza/Kulichkova (BOL/RUS) v Harrison/Makarova (USA/USA)

(5)De Vroome/Kontaveit (NED/EST) v Allgurin/Peterson (SWE/SWE)
Krejcikova/Rosca (CZE/ROU) v Maciejewska/Rosatello (POL/ITA)
(wc)Dart/Horn (GBR/GBR) v Doroshina/Siniakova (RUS/CZE)
(2)Gavrilova/Svitolina (RUS/UKR) v Pigossi/Zacarias (BRA/MEX)

No problems IMO until Gavrilova/Svitolina but I sense that they won't be a good combo for some reason