Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 187 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #2791
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Have long since admitted that my technical knowledge of the sport isn't top notch but,though it's hard to witness Caro's being knocked out in a Slam 1st Round,it's encouraging that some of you who DO have decent technical knowledge are seeing signs of progress

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #2792
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbx59 View Post
Rory flames out of the US Open, she flames out of Wimbledon - coincidence, probably not
I dont blame Rory. He fits the timeline of when Caroline stopped winning, but she has to handle a relationship and still win a match here & there.
A lot of players are in relationships.
Players go thru slumps too. Although this is a year now, and if she's still losing early most tournaments on hardcourt, it cant be called a slump, its her form.
She doesnt win matches anymore
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #2793
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Please, enough with the hysterics. Any player can suffer a drop in form and as such confidence. Ducks have been in sport as long as there has been sport, and once broken all is forgotten. There are plenty of positive signs if your not blind or too blinkered to see them. Sorting out the stick is a long overdue improvement that undoubtedly help the down turn in form among other things. Did anyone actually watch the damn match? The play is there, but the confidence is still missing for now.
It is obvious that you and I have very different opinions but I challenge you to point out any part of my post that was hysterical. Everything I typed is supported by her results and level of play going back over a year now. You call it a drop in form but the way she is playing now is her form. This is her game now, her old game is gone. She has repeatedly proven that when matches are close that she is very vulnerable to giving her serve away and that she just does not have the fight that she once did. That is the new reality. You can live in denial of that if you wish but the proof is there for any to see if they take the time to look.

Recently you called me, Jimmie48 and TennisFan66 names presumably because you disagree with our opinions but I have to wonder if your denial regarding the state of Caroline's game is causing you to lash out at other fans? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing but I do think that you could be much more respectful about it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #2794
gdmirou

gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all

I'm absolutely depressed. Gotta see my shrink.
Good-bye for now, guys. See you next time.
gdmirou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #2795
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmirou View Post
I'm absolutely depressed. Gotta see my shrink.
Good-bye for now, guys. See you next time.
There is something sad about seeing a player so mentally fragile. The Ivanovic match at IW and Kerber in Stuttgart are the only matches she was outplayed all year.
Yet she loses early almost every tournament. She still has her game, but she doesnt win matches anymore
It seems like the whole adidas team, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Pavlyuchenkova.. they all seem mentally fragile

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #2796
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It is obvious that you and I have very different opinions but I challenge you to point out any part of my post that was hysterical.
With pleasure... That's easy... The post as a whole, particularly in the manner of celebration of all your morbidly excitable posts regarding doom, gloom, and imminent downfall since you started posting here.

Quote:
Everything I typed is supported by her results and level of play going back over a year now. You call it a drop in form but the way she is playing now is her form.
Form is not about results results. Think of a striker that repeatedly gets into scoring positions only to miss the goal... That's poor form.

Quote:
This is her game now, her old game is gone. She has repeatedly proven that when matches are close that she is very vulnerable to giving her serve away and that she just does not have the fight that she once did. That is the new reality.
Balderdash... She has had variances in play throughout her career, and a continuously evolving patterns of match progression, most notably when playing with her racquet set-up, insofar as even having huge variance during a match due to switching.

To suggest that at a convenient "snapshot moment" in her service development, she is now fixed in a perpetual state of crepitated the conveniently fits with your fixed morbid outlook, is frankly offensive to the intelligence of her fan base here.

To suggest that she showed no fight in the last match is a transparently clear indication that you either, didn't watch the match, can't read a match, or don't understand the concept of fight in sport. When she stopped playing the numbers and let loose she was truly world class yesterday. That is game right there, and has been universally picked up upon.

Is everything dandy? hell no, but the signs are good, and she clearly demonstrated the ability is still there if she brings the confidence to seize the moment to the table. JT makes this point clear also.

The Tension switch and its positive effect is as clear a sign of 'real' issues with a declining weapon set as any I have seen in a long time. Not only does it illustrate how a winning stroke can be eroded, but also how a bread and butter toolset can be slowly rendered ineffective with all the implications of success and damage to both confidence and willingness to chase a point that are set in motion.

Quote:
You can live in denial of that if you wish but the proof is there for any to see if they take the time to look.
That's rich considering I have been calling out her flaws and equipment issues since I got here... Denial isn't a word to bander around... It doesn't apply to a viewpoint that sees the picture at large, both good and bad, and that looks at development and play as a whole rather than just results. You're better off saving the diagnosis for a monoclastic form of distinct traits and fixed morbidity with contagious, hysteria spreading tendencies. They're easy to spot and usually here for the tits and arse rather than the tennis.

Quote:
Recently you called me, Jimmie48 and TennisFan66 names presumably because you disagree with our opinions but I have to wonder if your denial regarding the state of Caroline's game is causing you to lash out at other fans? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing but I do think that you could be much more respectful about it.
The day you respect the sensibilities of other fans rather than pushing toward your own selfish needs is the day you can hope to receive respect from me. Names? I haven't even come close to putting words to the contempt that is deserved.

'Denial' isn't a 'name'? A particularly trendy but misunderstood slur in my book.
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #2797
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The day you respect the sensibilities of other fans rather than pushing toward your own selfish needs is the day you can hope to receive respect from me.
*sigh*

You always accuse other users of being unreasonable, showing a lack of respect etc. but you`re the only one acting this way. You´re the only person in here who's constantly picking fights with users, just yesterday you deliberately tried to piss off TF66 in the scoring thread who was already (understandably) aggravated because of how the match was going.

Do you really not see this? Or do you think it's your right because in your mind you`re the only one following a hypothetical set of rules on how one should behave in here and every person who violates these rules is free to be picked on according to you. I tell you what, if everybody would follow your example this forum would be hell because of your constant personal attacks.

Please direct me to a posting where DiAH attacks someone like you do... I guarantee you that you won't find anything. I'm pretty sure I can find something like that in your past 20 postings if I was actually bored enough to look it up.

The way I see it, people are getting tired of these personal attacks. Some oppose them openly and others agree in silence via reputation points...and i honestly can't blame those who don't want to speak up because you`d be having a go at them as well.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #2798
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Thats smart. Its not going to help her. She also has to admit its not luck. She loses almost every close match she's in. She has to play better when it matters. You're up a break in the 2nd, match points. Hold your serve. Its luck when Venus saves match point in the final vs Lindsay in 2005. Thats luck.
When you play Eastbourne & Wimbledon and dont win a match, thats not luck
The luck thing isn't quite how I understood it. The gist I got is more a sense of having trained for a reserve capacity that gets overwhelmed sometimes by the flow of luck, be that injury, illness, or an unlucky bounce or call. More like having an extra gear too use... That fits with Caroline's measured match philosophy, but also raises the question of gear selection at certain parts of the the championship, race, and course. It also doesn't help with all the mechanical failures...
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #2799
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
*sigh*

You always accuse other users of being unreasonable, showing a lack of respect etc. but you`re the only one acting this way. You´re the only person in here who's constantly picking fights with users, just yesterday you deliberately tried to piss off TF66 in the scoring thread who was already (understandably) aggravated because of how the match was going.

Do you really not see this? Or do you think it's your right because in your mind you`re the only one following a hypothetical set of rules on how one should behave in here and every person who violates these rules is free to be picked on according to you. I tell you what, if everybody would follow your example this forum would be hell because of your constant personal attacks.

Please direct me to a posting where DiAH attacks someone like you do... I guarantee you that you won't find anything. I'm pretty sure I can find something like that in your past 20 postings if I was actually bored enough to look it up.

The way I see it, people are getting tired of these personal attacks. Some oppose them openly and others agree in silence via reputation points...and i honestly can't blame those who don't want to speak up because you`d be having a go at them as well.
TF66 was already in full flow of pissing others off with predictions of loss after only few points were played, a tendency which the poster certainly didn't used to possess, and which conveniently matches the growing hysteria that you and DIAH thrive upon.

Do I really not see what Jimmie48? Are you asking for all the numerous trolls that have been banned from this section through direct action based on consultation, to be invited back to finish off the community distruction? As a pedlar of discontent here for what can only be argued as selfish reasons, and as a poster who has caused by far a larger portion of discontent in proportion to your contributions, and as a poster who only arrived here in consort to Caro's loosing streak, forgive me if I don't take your input as either genuine, sincere, or as a gesture of concern for the other fans here, and or those who no longer feel either the desire, or will to post here anymore.

Might I suggest you take you personnel axe and bury it somewhere else, and cut the pretence that you are anything but self serving. Learn to behave in a manner that benefits the community rather than one that tore it apart as a first contribution to the forum.

TF66 has made more than his fair share of contribution to the forum in the past, DIAH has also contributed in many ways even if clouded in less than a positive outlook, but you as far as I can remember have done very little other than stir the pot since day one.
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #2800
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do I really not see what Jimmie48? Are you asking for all the numerous trolls that have been banned from this section through direct action based on consultation, to be invited back to finish off the community distruction? As a pedlar of discontent here for what can only be argued as selfish reasons, and as a poster who has caused by far a larger portion of discontent in proportion to your contributions, and as a poster who only arrived here in consort to Caro's loosing streak, forgive me if I don't take your input as either genuine, sincere, or as a gesture of concern for the other fans here, and or those who no longer feel either the desire, or will to post here anymore.

TF66 has made more than his fair share of contribution to the forum in the past, DIAH has also contributed in many ways even if clouded in less than a positive outlook, but you as far as I can remember have done very little other than stir the pot since day one.
It's awesome. All I'm asking for is for you to cut down the personal attacks and your response is to attack me further. Are you unable to respond in a normal manner?

When I signed up to this forum she was just about to play Brussels if I remember correctly, there was no losing-streak to speak of. But the fact that you now hold the time of my arrival in this forum against me tells me that you`ve run out of stuff to blame me for.

Based on your behavior in here you`ll surely understand that your assessment whether or not I`ve contributed to this forum means very little (read: nothing) to me, you`re simply not in the position to pass judgement onto others.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #2801
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

enough of hate and complaints people
she lost a match really few of us believe she would have ever made it close, not even herself or why would she go for a complete new tension of strings and service movement and overall tactic if not for a desperate attampt of changing things?
i think none would have expected her to do so well at her first attempt with this and yes, it's frustraiting that the most mentally tough girl on tour is now really fragile, but once she finds some confidence in this new gameplan i'm sure she'll be back to mental strenght like before.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #2802
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
enough of hate and complaints people
she lost a match really few of us believe she would have ever made it close, not even herself or why would she go for a complete new tension of strings and service movement and overall tactic if not for a desperate attampt of changing things?
i think none would have expected her to do so well at her first attempt with this and yes, it's frustraiting that the most mentally tough girl on tour is now really fragile, but once she finds some confidence in this new gameplan i'm sure she'll be back to mental strenght like before.
I dont know. I think most of us expected Caroline to keep it close. If she loses 26 26 in round 1, thats pretty bad for a player who was YE #1 for 2010, 2011. She was #1 earlier this year

She did play well, in spots, but she almost always plays well.
This means she played Eastbourne & Wimbledon & didnt win a match.
Thats after a clay season where she played Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, Paris and only won 5 matches.

5 match wins used to be a good week, not a full clay/grass season combined.
Every player is tinkering with equipment & having best technique possible. Its not a reason to go from #1 to losing 5 of her last 7 matches in the heart of the slam season. Remember, when she was losing to Safarova & Goerges & Ivanovic people said she was tweaking her game for this part of the year.

So I think there is plenty to be concerned about.

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #2803
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The day you respect the sensibilities of other fans rather than pushing toward your own selfish needs is the day you can hope to receive respect from me. Names? I haven't even come close to putting words to the contempt that is deserved.

'Denial' isn't a 'name'? A particularly trendy but misunderstood slur in my book.
Consider this. You have gotten into "fights" with at least four regular posters here (Bruce-Goose, me, Jimmie48 and TennisFan66). You're not willing to even think about the possibility that you are part of the problem? All four of us are completely in the wrong and you are completely in the right?

Regarding my use of the word "denial" I certainly don't see it as name calling. You always put a positive spin on things no matter how poorly she is doing, to me that suggests a level of denial with how serious her problems are. If you interpreted it as an attack on you I have no problem saying I am sorry for that. I'm sorry if you thought that I was calling you a name.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2804
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TF66 was already in full flow of pissing others off with predictions of loss after only few points were played, a tendency which the poster certainly didn't used to possess, and which conveniently matches the growing hysteria that you and DIAH thrive upon.

Might I suggest you take you personnel axe and bury it somewhere else, and cut the pretence that you are anything but self serving. Learn to behave in a manner that benefits the community rather than one that tore it apart as a first contribution to the forum.

A great post overall and especially the part in bold. Jimmie48 has been on my ignore list for a while now as I do not consider a person like that to be a genuine fan and was quite fed up with his jerk reactions to my posts.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #2805
country flag goldenlox

A lot of us were in GM arguments when Caroline was #1, so I'm not surprised the arguments shifted to here as Caro's ranking fell.

It comes to expectations. If you're satisfied with staying in the top 20 and no titles. Then Caro is having a good year.

If you thought she was on her way to a Hall of Fame career and wanted her to build on where she was 18 months ago, instead of tearing it down & trying to rebuild, then this is a frustrating situation.

Its very hard to be #1, to win majors. What Caro did was very difficult, and she cant do it now, maybe not anymore.

Thats life. Now we'll see what happens after this spring and early summer

Closed Thread