** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 299 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #4471
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Don't tell me there are people who actually believe in astrology
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #4472
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

Well, there must be an explanation of this strange obsesion of mine...

But... I am still not convinced
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #4473
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

by Kate Battersby
Monday 25 June 2012

Should anyone have been under the mistaken impression that completing her career Grand Slam at Roland Garros earlier this month would instil in Maria Sharapova a comfy air of laidback contentment, the Russian put them right at the first opportunity. If anything the No.1 seed appeared hungrier than ever, more fiercely focused than ever as she dismantled the world No.133 Anastasia Rodionova 6-2, 6-3 in 70 minutes.

Sharapova opened up in statement fashion, taking her first service game to love in one minute. Seventeen of the first 18 points in the match belonged to her, and it seemed Rodionova Ė Russian-born but a naturalised Australian since December 2009 Ė could do nothing to stem the Sharapova onslaught of winners. Even a Rodionova challenge on a Sharapova ace was shown to be clearly erroneous, and Sharapova was 5-0 up in a scant 14 minutes. A ďbagelĒ set beckoned, and Sharapova was up for it Ė but Rodionova was not. At 30, she might be a journeywoman of the tour, but her experience means she did not obligingly fold in the manner that a younger, more shell-shocked opponent might have. This was her seventh main draw appearance at Wimbledon, her 12th overall, and all that knowledge counts for something. Moreover, she does actually like playing on grass.

There followed a nine-minute game of nip and tuck, in which the Australian saved three set points, but also required five separate game points of her own before she was able to get her name on the scoreboard. She did it by lobbing Sharapova at the net and the Russian could not get enough of her racket to it. Rodionova smiled in acknowledgement of the crowdís sympathetic applause. Next game she saved a fourth set point before unexpectedly forcing break point with a sizzling return. Moreover, she actually took it courtesy of a short rally on Sharapovaís second serve. At 2-5 the set had acquired an air of respectability, although that was as much as Sharapova would allow. As if tired of the game, she broke again to take the set via an unanswerable backhand return.

By then Sharapova was in no mood to allow Rodionova any ideas about gaining much of a foothold in the second set. It was not quite the decimation job seen in the early part of the first set, but this time Sharapova was in far more consistent control. Rodionova hung in there, but Sharapovaís relentless attack permitted her to serve out an ideal first-round workout. She took it on the first match point with a roaring ace Ė but after the match, she was typically not all that impressed with herself.

ďThe first oneís always tricky, the transition from clay to grass,Ē Sharapova said. ďI had a couple of let downs at the end of both those sets but overall Iím happy. Itís always a very nice feeling to be back on Centre Court. Itís such a special place for me.

ďThe career Slam is the best gift I could have received at this time in my career. It wasnít a Cinderella story Ė I worked really hard, a lot of tough days. I couldnít compete at a high level without a lot of pain. Now itís great to say Iím French Open champion but you have to start from scratch again with the practice and the work to get yourself through round one, and maybe to the final again. I still believe I can achieve a lot more. Thatís what drives me and gets me up in the mornings still. I always think I can be better.Ē

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...634633327.html
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4474
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505270_1...-of-wimbledon/

Video interview.
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #4475
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
Wow - she looks like a business woman in that interview - Never seen her dressed that strictly before - Very kewl!!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4476
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Wow - she looks like a business woman in that interview - Never seen her dressed that strictly before - Very kewl!!
hope we will get whole video interview.
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #4477
country flag imema

imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Rodionova 6‑2, 6‑3

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. How was that for you today?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, the first oneís always tricky. To go out there after not competing for a couple weeks, the transition from clay to grass, I thought I started off the match really well. Had a few letdowns towards the end of both of those sets.

Overall Iím pretty happy with the way I performed, especially for a first match, not having matches coming in.

Q. How do you find the surface and the atmosphere?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, itís always a very nice feeling for me to be back on Centre Court. Itís been a year. Itís such a special place for me. You know, itís quiet, but itís a very understated, nice feeling to be out there.

Q. How is it to be back this year?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Itís certainly the best gift I could have received at this time in my career. I certainly worked hard for it. My comeback wasnít the easiest. Wasnít a Cinderella story, thatís for sure. Took a lot of tough days and losses and some wins to get to that moment. But you realize when you actually do get there that itís worth it.

All of those situations youíre put in and put through, if you come out of them, itís a nice prize on the other side.

Q. Do you consider your comeback complete now, and this is a new stage now that you got the Grand Slam title you were looking for?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think maybe in terms of comeback, yes, because itís a Grand Slam win and to get back to No. 1. But in terms of my career, definitely not. Iím still very humble and very appreciative of what I have. I still believe that I can achieve a lot more.

Thatís what drives me and gets me up in the morning still, no matter how much success Iíve had, no matter how many downfalls, I still believe I can be better. I think until the day comes that I wake up and I think my game is not good enough, thatís the time where you say, WellÖ

Q. So after Paris, you smiled a lot, and now youíre thinking about Wimbledon and youíre thinking, Okay, next stage now. This is sort of behind me and now I have to plan for something new?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, itís really something that Iíll have for the rest of my life and something that I can think back on and know that I was part of the Roland Garros history.

But this sport puts you back to reality so fast. Within days youíre back practicing, getting ready, and it starts from scratch, starts from the first round. It just happens to be Wimbledon.

So when youíre a Grand Slam champion, youíre No. 1 in the world, everybody is more hungry across the net to beat you.

Q. What do you think about the plans to extend the time from the end of the Roland Garros to the beginning of Wimbledon, maybe an extra week to adjust to the grass?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, maybe. It just depends on how that transitions towards the end of the year and if we have to sacrifice an extra week at the end of the calendar year, which itís tough already. We donít have that much time. I mean, especially the men. Theyíre a couple weeks after us.

So as difficult of a transition as it is, I think itís maybe better like that than seeing the schedule go over the weeks that it is. Which I donít think it will, because weíre always pushing for a little bit of a longer off‑season.

Q. What was the one or two toughest moments in the stretch of your comeback?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it was just the general idea of not competing and not competing at a level that I wanted to and that I knew that I could. I mean, during the time that I was away from the sport, it was me wanting to be out there so much and I really couldnít.

You know, sometimes you have goals for yourself and people say, You canít achieve that. But it was like a stop sign. I couldnít really go out and compete professionally at a high level without a lot of pain, so I knew that was not possible.

And then when I would come back in the beginning, and even the losses that I went through, I knew that I was capable of so much better out on the court. I knew that had to come out sometime because I put a lot of work in and I know I have it in me.

Youíre never going to lose that. Itís about finding and putting the right pieces together in order for it to come out.

Q. This is the first time here coming off having won the French. Whatís different about that, if anything, as you conduct yourself and progress at Wimbledon?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, whatís different is I can say Iím the French Open champion. I guess thatís the difference (laughter).

Yeah, I mean, look, as much as you want to celebrate, be so excited and happy, I really think that memory, you enjoy it for just that amount of time, which is a few days you get to relax and think about the victory.

Like I mentioned, you come to a tournament and itís not like that it never happened, but youíve got to start back again from scratch in the practices and the work and get yourself through round one and through to the final again.

It all starts from the beginning.

Q. When you come here every year, do you still think about 2004?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think of what Iíve achieved. When I walk past the boards with the champions, I definitely look at it and I see my name, and it makes me really happy to be part of such history at this tournament. Of course I do. How can you not?

Q. When you see your picture, do you say, That was just a young girl then; she didnít know what she was doing?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I donít know if I didnít know what I was doing, but I was a young girl. I was like, My ponytail was too low (smiling).

Q. What has been the most surprising thing since you won Roland Garros?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Most surprising thing? I donít know. Nothing. I wish I could tell you something crazy happened or I was wild.

No, Iím pretty relaxed about things. I think thatís something thatís helped me in the last few years. As much as you want to be down after losing or as much as you want to celebrate a victory, Iíve been pretty levelheaded since my injury about the really good days and the bad days. I handle situations much better than I did maybe when I was younger.

The next day after I won, I was in Row 20 in a European Southwest Airlines going to Spain to see my candy being produced with little babies next to me. It was like reality check.

Q. How does that airline compare with Southwest?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not enough leg room. I had bruises on my knees. That was the only direct option, so I didnít have many options. I didnít want to connect anywhere.

Q. Did people recognize you or ask you to hold their babies?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I was traveling with a family. It was my physioís family that had a baby which I love carrying, so I was slightly responsible.

http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/
imema is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4478
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice interview, she does seem to be a lot more open and chatty.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4479
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
I wonder about that huge ring on her finger - That isn't her engagement ring is it?
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #4480
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

LOVE how the video ended many more years to come bitchez
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4481
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Loved the interview! She's so much more willing to talk and answer questions these days!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4482
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
I wonder about that huge ring on her finger - That isn't her engagement ring is it?
No... she was already "dressed up" without the dress for the Wimbledon Pre-Party... so the interview was taken right before or right after the party... I guess before...
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4483
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Very nice interview, she does seem to be a lot more open and chatty.
But still she doesn't tell us new stuff... it's what we know in different ways...
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4484
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
No... she was already "dressed up" without the dress for the Wimbledon Pre-Party... so the interview was taken right before or right after the party... I guess before...
That sounds like a plausible explanation - I thought that ring and bracelet looked familiar from her party dress up - - Thanks

BTW - Arantxa reached R2 - not bad
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #4485
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8094159
stegall is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread