New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #31
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West - 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Sarah Gong, future Anteater, def. Jana McCord

32 Sarah Gong d. (6) Jana McCord 6-4; 6-2

at the Sectional
Jana McCord is currently ranked #17 in her class which makes her a blue chip caliber player.

Looks like Sarah Gong may be a future #1 singles.

UCI has found a potential heir at #1 singles for the next couple years but has Long Beach State found theirs?

Hawaii has Jamie Pawid plus Cal Poly has Sophia Bott or Louise Oxnevard on top. The future contenders for Big West Player of the Year are starting to take shape.

Of course I'd be fine if Laura Bernard plays #1 singles at Long Beach St. for the next 3 years.

Last edited by gouci : Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #32
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to me that you guys do a lot of talking but the LBS Coach does a lot of walkin
Seems to me that the LBS Coach always comes up with some terrific players, whether or not the opposition agrees or not
I am betting that this coming season will be another example of the aforementioned
Also seems to me that she continually outcoaches, out-trains, and out-maneuvers all of the boys in the conference
My money is that 2012-2013 will be no different for the most successful Tennis Coach in the BWC!
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #33
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

So Alaskan no specifics yet but just wishful thinking. Well you never know. Maybe another player will search "beach" on facebook and stumble upon Long Beach St. ala Jacki Alawi and that's how LBS will get their future #1 singles.

I'm excited about next season.

Let's project the line-ups.

UC Irvine
1. Kristina Smith
2. Sarah Gong
3. Franziska Goettsching
4. Brooke Schweyer
5. Kat Facey
6. Marivick Mamiit
7. Ali Facey
8. Sarah Stadfelt

Long Beach St.
1. Laura Bernard
2. Sarah Cantlay
3. Klaudia Malenovska
4. Karolina Rozenberg
5. Anna Jeczmionka
6. new foreigner #1
7. new foreigner #2
8. new foreigner #3
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #34
country flag Alaskan

Yeah, the Facey's are and were IMPRESSIVE....you may not know this but they approached LBS BEFORE they inquired about a schollie at CHeater University...Being a package deal just didn't work for us but hey Mikey liked em.....you may be real surprised when you find out how the BWC COACH OF THE YEAR replaces her graduating players......it is gonna be fun kicking your butts again next season.....SEE YOU IN PALM SPRINGS?? You were conspicuously absent this year GOUCI....then again maybe you were busy trying to figure out how that AWESOME WOMEN'S VB Coach was going to resurrect your program from the CELLAR to somewhere above the CELLAR
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #35
country flag gouci

Who wants to be the only American in a team full of foreigners at Long Beach State? So of course the Facey's wanted a package deal.

Maybe if you told the Facey's how cheap tuition was at Long Beach State, it costs more to attend a private high school than it does to attend LBS, the other sister may have walked on.

That weekend I was at the Galen Center watching UCI men's volleyball down 0-2 come back to beat U$C in 5 and go on to beat STANFORD to win the MPSF tournament. After UCI punched their ticket to the Final Four and I celebrated all Saturday night I wasn't thinking about the tennis match early Sunday morning. But I heard the details of what happened.
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #36
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Seems someone is really curious about LB's additions yet to be announced.

Maybe LB just plans to play with 5? New rule to make it more fair for UCI.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #37
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Who wants to be the only American in a team full of foreigners at Long Beach State?

.... so it must be some reason other than WE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH... cause it's not faaaaaaair... I mean, maybe they get to hit a different ball, or have better racquets or, well, it can't be because WE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH cause I'm an ugly American and my mommy promised me we'd always win.

17-1-1*

Apparently no ethics nor American history classes at Eaterville... since this country was built on allowing all to work hard and be the best... no guarantees for the ELITE or BORN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS.

17-1-1* (no slot machine needed)
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #38
country flag Alaskan

GOUCI, I guess everyone needs something to cheer for hence your trip to the MVB finals instead of the WT Tournament
by the way, how did you guys do against the Beach in baseball and men's basketball, and oh almost forgot, softball???
Must be tough to have little to cheer about when it comes to your collegiate athletic experiences.....:b ounce:
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jana McCord is currently ranked #17 in her class which makes her a blue chip caliber player.

Looks like Sarah Gong may be a future #1 singles.

UCI has found a potential heir at #1 singles for the next couple years but has Long Beach State found theirs?

Hawaii has Jamie Pawid plus Cal Poly has Sophia Bott or Louise Oxnevard on top. The future contenders for Big West Player of the Year are starting to take shape.
Her too

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #40
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
Must be tough to have little to cheer about when it comes to your collegiate athletic experiences.....
I have plenty to cheer about.

- UCI track star Charles Jock, 3 time Big West Track Athlete of the Year, is competing in the Olympic Trials this week. He's in the 800 meters final and if he finishes in the top 3 he makes the USA Olympic Team headed to London.

- UCI women's golf alum Selanee Henderson, 4 time 1st Team All Big West, is competing in Big Break Atlantis for an LPGA event exception and over $100,000 in prizes that you can watch today on the Golf Channel.

- UCI baseball alum pitcher Dylan Axelrod was called up by the Chicago White Sox this month and will be part of their rotation.

And that's only for this week!

More proof Alaskan doesn't know what the hell he's taking about.

To use a boxing analogy Alaskan can't land his punches. I on the other hand unleashed a barrage of counter punches at Alaskan that wins me this round.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #41
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Gouci should be more worried about his favorite ladies falling to "has been status" with the hiring of UCSB's new coach and with the addition of the conference's new members: Hawaii and SDSU. You had a good run at second place so you will always have those fond memories .
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #42
country flag Alaskan

Quote:
I have plenty to cheer about.

- UCI track star Charles Jock, 3 time Big West Track Athlete of the Year, is competing in the Olympic Trials this week. He's in the 800 meters final and if he finishes in the top 3 he makes the USA Olympic Team headed to London.

- UCI women's golf alum Selanee Henderson, 4 time 1st Team All Big West, is competing in Big Break Atlantis for an LPGA event exception and over $100,000 in prizes that you can watch today on the Golf Channel.

- UCI baseball alum pitcher Dylan Axelrod was called up by the Chicago White Sox this month and will be part of their rotation.

And that's only for this week!

More proof Alaskan doesn't know what the hell he's taking about.

To use a boxing analogy Alaskan can't land his punches. I on the other hand unleashed a barrage of counter punches at Alaskan that wins me this round.
GOUCI, I am a little shocked that you would even think of bringing up the topic of baseball.....aaaah, the last time I checked we had about 10 times as many guys playing in the major leagues as your vaunted anteaters will ever have.....maybe you haven't heard of Weaver, Tulowitzki, or Longoria, just to name three who could all end up in the Hall of Fame some day...
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #43
country flag gouci

Alaskan I just mentioned what I was cheering for. I'm aware of Long Beach State's baseball alumni superstars and big props for them.

Hey guys UCI alum Selanee Henderson could use your vote.

Get to know her first by watching her video bio here.

Then if you like vote for her on this fan favorite poll.

They pick the best looking golfers with pro aspirations to be on this show. Hey if Long Beach State's Monica Villareal got onto a future season I would return the favor and vote for her.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #44
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

from TRN;

6/26 Eva Rodriguez De Las Her chooses Long Beach State

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #45
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: Update

Quote:
6/27/12

- Long Beach St. gets verbal from Eva Rodriguez De Las Heras of Spain.

- Long Beach St. gets verbal from Anne Sophie Willems of Belgium.

Thanks for the scoop.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote