Opening post thread - for tournament managers only! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #31
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opening post thread - for tournament managers only!

When it comes to the quoting problem I'd say we make it official that quoting to change your picks is not allowed and that instead a player can only do it by sending a simple message like:

"Please change: X instead of Y." ("thanks" is optional)

People were doing it that way for a long time and now suddenly they're all quoting without any reason (or is there some...).

- - -

And I think we really need to change the tie-breaker rule as suggested in post #13 of this thread.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #32
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
When it comes to the quoting problem I'd say we make it official that quoting to change your picks is not allowed and that instead a player can only do it by sending a simple message like:

"Please change: X instead of Y." ("thanks" is optional)

People were doing it that way for a long time and now suddenly they're all quoting without any reason (or is there some...).

- - -

And I think we really need to change the tie-breaker rule as suggested in post #13 of this thread.

No opposition here.

Although i would think to ask "please" and "thanks" for mandatory words in those posta. otherwise immediate disqualification.

2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:03 PM   #33
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Any update on the rule changes? (tie-breaker & quoting)
TT Singles: #199 CH: #2 Finals: Luxembourg '12, Miami '13, Carlsbad '13, YEC '13 SF: Dallas '12, US Open '12, Indian Wells '13, Cincinnati '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
TT Doubles: #52 CH: #10 Titles: Dallas '12, Brussels '13, Cincinnati '13, US Open '14 Finals: Seoul '12, Brisbane '13 SF: Wimbledon '12, US Open '12, TOC '12, Dubai '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #34
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
Any update on the rule changes? (tie-breaker & quoting)
I'll edit the tie-breaker part today, but I will leave a bit more time for people to get used to the quoting rule and change that after RG. Not that people read rules anyway so it's no biggy (anyone who has ever managed an event can testify that people don't-read-the-written-rules).
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM   #35
country flag ma re

Done!
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM   #36
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Please add the quoting rule to the 1st page

Thanks
TT Singles: #199 CH: #2 Finals: Luxembourg '12, Miami '13, Carlsbad '13, YEC '13 SF: Dallas '12, US Open '12, Indian Wells '13, Cincinnati '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
TT Doubles: #52 CH: #10 Titles: Dallas '12, Brussels '13, Cincinnati '13, US Open '14 Finals: Seoul '12, Brisbane '13 SF: Wimbledon '12, US Open '12, TOC '12, Dubai '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM   #37
country flag ma re

Quote:
Please add the quoting rule to the 1st page

Thanks
I'll do so now, but for the time being I'll just state that posts containing quotes of earlier picks will make all the changes invalid. In the future we might consider some penalties, but I wouldn't rush with that, because we get new players very often in tipping, and in many cases they're not on level terms even with the standard rules, let alone with recently changed ones.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM   #38
country flag ma re

Done!

I also erased an extra word from "before the scheduled start of the that match", which is something we agreed upon quite some time ago. Now it's beyond clear by what time should the picks be sent.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM   #39
country flag Frederik

I think it would be enough to make the changes and the original picks invalid (as a penalty)
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #40
country flag ma re

Quote:
I think it would be enough to make the changes and the original picks invalid (as a penalty)
Maybe, but isn't this easier for the manager (not even making records of the changes if they are made by quoting)?
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #41
country flag Frederik

I was just reacting to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
In the future we might consider some penalties
Not counting the original picks would be the easiest penalty (if we decide to penalize quoting)
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #42
country flag ma re

Ah, yes, that makes more sense. Sure, it's an interesting idea if it comes to penalties, but for now let's leave that alone.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #43
country flag ma re

I edited the opening post today to include the change to 16 best results from 15 that previously formed the rankings.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:11 AM   #44
country flag ma re

Updated with a new bonus point distribution - sorry for a slight delay.