** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 294 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #4396
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
Wonder how much longer she can stay the #1 paid female athlete,what is it 7 years,8 years in a row?
I guess Maria won't be the highest paid female athlete when she retires from tennis, but she may compete for the the best paid female with her endorsements and business ventures.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4397
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azi View Post
Maria is the Highest Paid Female Athlete

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/mayw...8726--spt.html
Maria the highest paid female athlete?

Kon. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #4398
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Her earnings went up again.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #4399
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

Varvara Lepchenko

Played an exhibition match with number one Maria S.Was a lot of fun!!!

https://twitter.com/Varunchik1/statu...65245948313601
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #4400
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylux View Post
Varvara Lepchenko

Played an exhibition match with number one Maria S.Was a lot of fun!!!

https://twitter.com/Varunchik1/statu...65245948313601
weird, she lives in such a random place 30-45 min away from me.

and that list is depressing. Almost all guys for the first 30 spots.
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #4401
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
weird, she lives in such a random place 30-45 min away from me.

and that list is depressing. Almost all guys for the first 30 spots.
It has been bad but slowly it's getting better, no women was in top 100 before Maria.

It's up to your generation to change that.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #4402
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

Tarpishchev of mixed doubles: "we have an idea to put #Sharapova along with Tursunov or Youzhny. I do not know whether she would agree, but I'll try to make her an offer." ->

via @Rus_tennis_news
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #4403
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Tarpishchev of mixed doubles: "we have an idea to put #Sharapova along with Tursunov or Youzhny. I do not know whether she would agree, but I'll try to make her an offer." ->

via @Rus_tennis_news
Go for it, Maria!!
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #4404
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

via @Rus_tennis_news
That would be amazing. I've always found Youzhny to be attractive so that combo would be amazing.
Plus he has the same name as my grandfather.
I just wish she would start playing doubles regularly.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:58 AM   #4405
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

COMMENTARY
Sharapova back where it all began
Updated: June 20, 2012, 10:16 PM ET
By Greg Garber | ESPN.com

Early in the second set of the 2004 Wimbledon final, an extraordinary thing happened:

Maria Sharapova, standing inside the service line, unleashed a violent, swinging forehand volley, which hit Serena Williams -- square on the nose.

This was when Williams was close to her peak, having won five majors in the previous two years and pretty much cornered the market on muscular intimidation. Sharapova? She was a slender 17-year-old playing a limited schedule mandated by the WTA.

Sharapova stunned Williams 6-1, 6-4.

"I never, never in my life expected this to happen so fast," said the second-youngest Wimbledon champion ever. "To tell you the truth, I don't know what happened in the match. I don't know how I won. I was in my own little world -- I don't know what world that was, really."

[+] Enlarge
Nicolas Asfouri/AFP/Getty Images
It's hard to believe, but eight years have passed since Maria Sharapova's first Grand Slam win.
At the time, that low screamer felt like a warning shot.

Sharapova went on to win the U.S. Open two years later and, two years after that, the Australian Open. But then, after winning three Grand Slam singles titles in a span of 15 majors, she dropped off the grid. Sharapova went 0-for-the-next-15.

And now, after triumphantly completing her career Grand Slam with the title at Roland Garros, she returns to the All England Club, where it all began. After career-threatening shoulder surgery and an agonizingly prolonged comeback, Sharapova is again back on top of tennis.

"She basically said, 'I am not going away. No, no, no,'" said Tennis Channel analyst Mary Carillo. "You've got to give it to Maria in that she has never taken her eye off the ball, literally or figuratively. She always had it in her head she was going to get back to this place; she never dropped the ball.

"I certainly think she can win Wimbledon," Carillo said. "Absolutely. The U.S. Open a second time? Sure. Does that answer your question? "

Well, yes.

Carillo likens Sharapova's journey to that of Andre Agassi's, who after winning three majors from 1992-95, went through a difficult three-year period.

"Andre and Maria didn't mind the process [of the comeback]," Carillo said. "Andre said, 'All right, I still have tennis in me; I can win majors. I can take that ride being [ranked No.] 141 in the world. I will play Challengers.'

"He didn't need to do it, and neither did Maria. It had to be hard to be hitting all those double faults and wondering if her serve would ever get better."

It's hard to believe she turned 25 in April and that this is her 10th season as a professional. There are three older women in the top 10: Williams, Samantha Stosur and Marion Bartoli and a fourth, Sara Errani, is only 10 days younger.

Four years after the fact, Sharapova's back to the No. 1 ranking and the question begs itself: Can she, will she be a dominant, full-year No. 1 that the WTA has lacked since Justine Henin's run of 61 straight weeks in 2007-08?

"[Victoria] Azarenka had a great run at the beginning, but then what happened?" Carillo said. "[Petra] Kvitova wins Wimbledon and basically goes away. Li Na same thing. Stosur, too. You think they'd like it more up there.

"Maria and Serena are the only ones who have shown a taste for longevity. Can she sustain herself at the No. 1 spot? There are a lot of interesting questions coming into Wimbledon. I picked Serena to win in the French. Hey, I was off by a mere seven rounds. Someone is going to have to prove to me that Serena can't win anything she sets her sights on."

That someone at Roland Garros was Virginie Razzano, who stunned Serena in the first round. At Wimbledon, her power will be rewarded on the living grass. Azarenka (a semifinalist a year ago) and defending champion Kvitova, too, will find a surface more conducive to their games.

Sharapova is coming off the best clay season of her life; she won 19 of 20 matches and won three titles. Her eight victories over top-10 players are already her most in a season since 2006. Another sign of her growing dominance: She is trying to become the first woman to reach the finals at the season's first three majors since Henin in 2006.

Sharapova was undeniably emotional after winning at Roland Garros, something we haven't seen since that breakthrough eight years ago at Wimbledon. But when she met the press after that final triumph, Sharapova had recovered her cool command.

"I believe in my game," she said. "I think that's one of the reasons why I'm sitting here with my fourth one and winning Roland Garros, is because I always believed I could."

Another warning shot, perhaps?

"It's not over yet," Sharapova advised. "I'm not sitting here and saying I'm done, because I'm far from it. I have a lot more in me to achieve."
stegall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:46 AM   #4406
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:

via @Rus_tennis_news
The most stupid idea ever! Go for it, Maria, and forget the medal in singles!
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:52 AM   #4407
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Youzhny is a solid player but he's crazy.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:55 AM   #4408
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of this idea at all. I'd much rather she focus solely on singles.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:57 AM   #4409
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
That would be amazing.
I just wish she would start playing doubles regularly.
and of course the OG are the best place to start playing doubles... after many years not playing doubles at all...
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 04:02 AM   #4410
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

eta:nevermind
stegall is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread