I always wondered ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #1
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold
I always wondered ...

I am sorry to distrub you guys but I wanted to create this new thread to makes ask questions about Maria more easily. I'll start

I always wondred what the Prince-Head switch have brought to Maria's game ? What would her career have been if she stuck to Prince ? I'd love to have your opinion guys !

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I always wondered ...

As far as I'm aware HEAD rackets are lighter, so it probably gives her peace of mind where her shoulder is concerned. I also feel like her shots have had a lot more shape on them in the past year and a half. Whether that's more due to change in technique or to the racket switch (or a combination of both) I don't know.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #3
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

I heard HEAD rackets are heavier. Although I don't know much about rackets etc., when I heard it I wondered why she would get more pop if it was heavier. But she definitely seems to have shortened her swing on her FH, especially when pushed back.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #4
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

yup, she doesn't overdo lasso follow-through on her FH as much as she did prior to this season...that's just one of those minor technical changes that I've noticed in her game recently, which allowed her to dominate points with her FH and become even better player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #5
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the forehand has been tweaked a lot since her comeback in 09. It's not as pretty a shot as it was pre-surgery, but it's improved steadily the last couple years and it's now a really effective shot on clay.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag Mashabator
A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Head racquets arent lighter or heavier, it depends which one u get they are different weights. Though i think the IG instinct which she uses is lighter than o3 white and o3 black

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #7
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Maria doesn't use an Instinct. She uses a Youtek Radical MP (pro I think); she endorses the Instinct with her racket just painted to look like one.

As far as I know, Maria's Head racket is indeed heavier but is more flexible, so it eases the shoulder unlike Prince rackets which are known to be very stiff.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #8
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold

I also wanted to know why does Maria suck at the USO since she came back from surgery ? ...

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #9
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
I also wanted to know why does Maria suck at the USO since she came back from surgery ? ...
2010, she lost to Wozniack, and the last set was 6-4. 2011, she lost to Pennetta, in the third set 6-4.
So...one game in both years could have put her at 5-5, and she has a good record in those situations.

She might be better in close sets this year.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Maria doesn't use an Instinct. She uses a Youtek Radical MP (pro I think); she endorses the Instinct with her racket just painted to look like one.

As far as I know, Maria's Head racket is indeed heavier but is more flexible, so it eases the shoulder unlike Prince rackets which are known to be very stiff.
This. She uses a customized racquet (as most players do) but it was given a paint job so it looks like the Instinct.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #11
country flag MiiMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post

I do not think so, just look at the racquet she used when she first decided to use Head and the one she's actually using, big difference, not the same racquet at all. And at the beginning of 2011 she was using a Radical MP but not anymore.

Old Jun 17th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #12
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I kinda miss the lasso forehand..it was such a trademark from her
you should support a good player and not a stinking cheat with an attitude problem
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #13
country flag Mashabator
A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

But it says she uses the instinct am i going to have to get the radical pro now

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #14
country flag Mashabator
A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

Can anyone tell me: does maria use now the updated version of her racquet then? the head youtek IG radical pro?

Old Jun 17th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #15
country flag MiiMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamchamp View Post
Sometimes I kinda miss the lasso forehand..it was such a trademark from her
I do too even though she does it from time to time but not that much as before :/ Was soo beautiful to see from her !