Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo - Page 264 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3946
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Hello to everyone, just registered (although I have been monitoring the forum for a while) and I have this awesome Maria tribute video to share with you.

A video showing how Maria came back through all the hardships, and difficult times to reach greatness in a whole new level. I consider this a highly inspirational video and I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uA6j...eature=g-all-c

DAVAI MASHA!!!
Hello and welcome to SS .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #3947
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Hello to everyone, just registered (although I have been monitoring the forum for a while) and I have this awesome Maria tribute video to share with you.

A video showing how Maria came back through all the hardships, and difficult times to reach greatness in a whole new level. I consider this a highly inspirational video and I hope you enjoy it!

DAVAI MASHA!!!
Welcome, Valkyre!!! Glad you decided to come over here. It is more fun!
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3948
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
I like the Australian one. Sounds nice. But emotion wise- NZ anthem in fanfare, one verse no words (otherwise its loooong)
I still know how to sing it + Maori part.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #3949
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

DAVAI MASHA!!!
Hey hey, welcome to Siberian Siren!
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #3950
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

I'm new here and was wondering what people here felt her chances were at the French Open beforehand?Like what the reaction at TF after the AO was..
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #3951
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
I'm new here and was wondering what people here felt her chances were at the French Open beforehand?Like what the reaction at TF after the AO was..
A lot of people thought that she could do well here even after the AO. I think there was a thread created shortly after it actually. Considering her success last year we were very optimistic for the clay, we were only worried whether she would actually manage to win a final or not. But after Stuttgart most people on here felt she had a great chance. After Rome she was the favourite, and while Serena had to be the favourite on paper anyone who knew her history with RG knew she simply wasn't going to win, once she went out the only person really left in Maria's way was Li, once she was out really only Petra could have been able to stop her - and that was a long shot given form/surface. So no, it wasn't really that big of a shock.

EDIT: Although of course we as fans fretted the whole tournament.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #3952
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had a really good feeling about it, then I saw she had Serena in her draw and that feeling was gone
Then Serena lost in her first match, and from that moment on I was really positive, felt that she could win it all.
Of course, the further she got, the more nervous I got

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #3953
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I had a really good feeling about it, then I saw she had Serena in her draw and that feeling was gone
Then Serena lost in her first match, and from that moment on I was really positive, felt that she could win it all.
Of course, the further she got, the more nervous I got
Couldn't have said it any better. That was exactly how I felt from the beginning till the end of this RG.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3954
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

How does beating Serena convincingly enough that she no longer is the automatic obstacle in draws compare with winning her next grand slam? I think it is an important thing to do.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3955
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Well I think when Serena plays Maria she probably envisions 2004 Wimbledon and uses it as motivation..Similar to a lesser extent to how Petra beat Maria when a lot of people picked Maria and she lost,but then since then Petra can do nothing against her..I would love to see her beat Serena in a final but at the end of the day I don't think having bad record against Serena is that negative of a stigma to have(even though of course I wish it wasn't so lopsided).
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3956
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I started to get a little worried after that Miami final (which will easily go down as one of the worst losses of her career, at least in my book). But then she had that wonderful run in Stuttgart and finally beat her nemesis in a final. Rome was great to see too.

I'm a pessimist by nature, and as soon as the draw came out I dreaded the would-be inevitable Serena-QF. But the second Serena bombed out in the 1st round, I KNEW that was it; Maria had beaten virtually everyone contending for the title (on clay), and her form was brilliant throughout the entire tournament (aside from some hiccups against an inspired Zakopalova in the last 16).
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #3957
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all

Maria vs Serena is nothing more than insecurity and nerves, for both Maria and her fans. Understandably so. Serena has a gameplan against Masha. Maria doesnt. And if she does, she completely forgets it along the way.

It is -in my opinion- not a matter of skill but more so a mental thing. Maria has all the weapons she needs to defeat Serena. She has the skill, what she lacks is belief against that particular opponent.

Does anyone here, even question that the way Maria performed in RG (except Zakapalova match) she could not beat Serena?

I personnaly dont think so. Maria can beat her. As long as she stays calm and doesnt get nervous. I am not worried by any of this. The more times she plays against Serena the better. Even if she loses. The more times she plays, the less time it will take her to finally relax, stop caring about the damn head to head and play her best tennis against her. So no, I am not scared if Serena is on Maria's draw. In fact I hope she is. Maria and we as her fans should stop wishing for such things, and we should stop being intimidated by match ups.

Maria has what it takes. She just needs to relax and believe in herself. Lots of great players have particular issues with match ups (Federer anyone?)

Davai Masha!!
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #3958
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Maria vs Serena is nothing more than insecurity and nerves, for both Maria and her fans. Understandably so. Serena has a gameplan against Masha. Maria doesnt. And if she does, she completely forgets it along the way.

It is -in my opinion- not a matter of skill but more so a mental thing. Maria has all the weapons she needs to defeat Serena. She has the skill, what she lacks is belief against that particular opponent.

Does anyone here, even question that the way Maria performed in RG (except Zakapalova match) she could not beat Serena?

I personnaly dont think so. Maria can beat her. As long as she stays calm and doesnt get nervous. I am not worried by any of this. The more times she plays against Serena the better. Even if she loses. The more times she plays, the less time it will take her to finally relax, stop caring about the damn head to head and play her best tennis against her. So no, I am not scared if Serena is on Maria's draw. In fact I hope she is. Maria and we as her fans should stop wishing for such things, and we should stop being intimidated by match ups.

Maria has what it takes. She just needs to relax and believe in herself. Lots of great players have particular issues with match ups (Federer anyone?)

Davai Masha!!
She needs to serve well,that's the key really against Serena because she's so hard to break herself.
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #3959
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tbh didn't think she'd win, she had a Sarin QF and after AO i was so gutted i felt like she'd never win a slam again! bad times!

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3960
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directioner View Post
Tbh didn't think she'd win, she had a Sarin QF and after AO i was so gutted i felt like she'd never win a slam again! bad times!
I thought she'd win the FO both this year and last. She was so good coming into both. The draw dazed me in a FML kind of way at first, but I was so sure Wozniacki would take out Serena lol because Serena had been average as here for the past few. And the AO had an opposite affect for me- thought she'd be resilient in the next slam and take it one step further just like losing in the semi's last year at RG, she followed that up with a Wimbledon final. As bad as her finals streak was earlier this year, mathematically she had to converge to a mean right and the change to clay was always gonna flip the tide (see Radwanska, Azarenka)

That said, I've completely given up on USO. Slap me if she ever wins that again, I won't believe it. Even if she wins Wimbledon and OG, I'll put money on a pre-QF exit at Flushing Meadows.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote