** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 290 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #4336
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

I almost died of happiness when I first saw the news of her being the flag-bearer for Russia popped on my Twitter timeline.
Really hope she could do it. It's an honor of a lifetime.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #4337
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
@nelsondan, there is already a thread about it on GM http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=461617
Thanks....

I never run out of things to worry about....this story makes me wonder if Russian leaders need someone carrying the flag to counteract these "spoiled rich kids".

MOSCOW (AP) — A glamorous Russian TV host is paying an expensive price for becoming an unlikely face of the anti-Putin protest. When investigators raided her Moscow apartment, they confiscated $1.7 million she had stashed in envelopes.

A spokesman for the investigators, Vladimir Markin, said they found more than 1 million euros ($1.25 million) and $480,000 in cash during Monday's raid on Ksenia Sobchak's apartment — one of several raids on protest leaders' homes.

Markin said they will try to determine if Sobchak paid taxes on the money, and also look into what she planned to do with it, which was in more than 100 envelopes.

Sobchak, a socialite, TV presenter and restaurant owner, insists that she had done nothing wrong and was keeping her savings at home because she doesn't trust banks. She said on Twitter that her annual income exceeds $2 million.

"I never thought that we would slide back to such repressions," tweeted Sobchak, who is described by some as Russia's Paris Hilton equivalent.

While it's not uncommon for wealthy Russians to keep large amounts of cash at home, authorities are likely to use her wealth to illustrate their depiction of the opposition as a bunch of spoiled rich kids at odds with the majority of Russia's population.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4338
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

I am so excited to see her do this!
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4339
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova

Ahh finally I can share some exciting news with you! After the third round of the French Open, I woke up to a pretty memorable message.
The Russian Olympic committee chose me to be the flag bearer at this years Olympic opening ceremony. I am so honored, and especially excited as it will be my first Olympics in my career.
I have had to keep this hush hush for two weeks and keeping secrets is not my best quality!

http://www.facebook.com/Sharapova
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #4340
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

That's so amazing for her

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #4341
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG thats such amazing news
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #4342
country flag Dieter.
Lifetime Member

Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all Dieter. is a name known to all

Great news.

Last edited by Dieter. : Jun 13th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Dieter. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #4343
country flag DeeHax

DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetusi View Post
Maria Sharapova

Ahh finally I can share some exciting news with you! After the third round of the French Open, I woke up to a pretty memorable message.
The Russian Olympic committee chose me to be the flag bearer at this years Olympic opening ceremony. I am so honored, and especially excited as it will be my first Olympics in my career.
I have had to keep this hush hush for two weeks and keeping secrets is not my best quality!

http://www.facebook.com/Sharapova
Ohh, that´s so cool!! I´ve read this morning that it was not official yet, but coming from MS, it´s more than confirmed!!!
DeeHax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #4344
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

So i assume it's true then? What sh*t was the sports minister talking about then? *mildly pissed but still happy*
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4345
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

BTW - I dunno if this has been posted somewhere already - but I bumped into these hilarious clips on Youtube - Here are 3 out of many others and I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did:

Link: Hitler is informed about Maria Sharapova's ridiculously easy French Open draw

Link: Hitler explains why he hates Maria Sharapova

Link: After Hitler finds out Maria Sharapova is the 2012 French Open champion

Funny!!!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #4346
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

http://www.tennishead.net/news/on-to...-to-be-russian

Quote:
Sharapova: I'm so proud to be Russian

Maria Sharapova may sound like an all-American girl, but the world No.1 insists she is Russian to her roots

Maria Sharapova, who has lived in the United States for the last 18 years, said she felt great pride when the Russian national anthem was played after she had won the French Open title last weekend.

“Everyone knows my story of being born in Russia and moving to the United States at seven,” she said. “People didn’t criticise me but they would say: ‘She’s Russian but she’s living in the United States.’ When the flag [went up at Roland Garros] and I heard the national anthem, I was so proud to be a Russian. I’m so proud to represent my country.

“I never thought for a second that it would be otherwise, no matter how many people told me: ‘You’re not, you just have a passport.’ I couldn’t care less. I love where I’m from. I don’t live there because of the circumstances, but all my family is there, the culture and the feeling. It’s what’s inside, not what’s outside, that determines that.”

Sharapova, who is one of the favourites to carry the Russian flag at the Olympic Games opening ceremony, said she was grateful to her parents for giving her the chance to pursue her tennis education in the United States. Initially it meant she had to spend two years apart from her mother, who was unable to travel to America because of visa problems.

“My parents had a normal life in Russia and they could have easily kept living a normal life, working and raising a child in Russia,” Sharapova said. “I heard endless conversations between my parents when I was going to sleep, about how we would survive, how we would continue. And all of them were about trying to make me better.”

She added: “I was never afraid of not making it because I was OK with what I had and my family were OK with what they had. They were realistic enough to know that any day they would be going back to Russia or Belarus. For them it wasn’t a problem and neither for me.”
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #4347
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's official then

so proud! such an incredible honor!
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4348
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

So it was after 3rd round, I though they chose her after she won the whole thing
Great honor!
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #4349
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
So it was after 3rd round, I though they chose her after she won the whole thing
Great honor!
I actually really like that they chose her before she won.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #4350
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
Great honor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I actually really like that they chose her before she won.
Same here
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread