Anett Kontaveit - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #871
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett lost 6-3 6-3. Still a good tournament after almost losing in the first round.
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #872
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Sadly Anett lost. Too much trouble holding her own service games.
Yes, that's the way to go - first get my low expectations up high and then crush them!

Also I'm a bit about Annika (as chingching also mentioned in the junior RG thread) - you are top 160 and 18 years old, you can play as many tournaments you want - why do you have to come to the kids playground to steal their candies? For example Anett cannot play these tournaments being 18 because of her birthdate. So unfair.

Of course, with that kind of game Anett would have most likely lost to weaker opponents as well.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #873
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Sadly Anett lost. Too much trouble holding her own service games.
Yes, that's the way to go - first get my low expectations up high and then crush them!

Also I'm a bit about Annika (as chingching also mentioned in the junior RG thread) - you are top 160 and 18 years old, you can play as many tournaments you want - why do you have to come to the kids playground to steal their candies? For example Anett cannot play these tournaments being 18 because of her birthdate. So unfair.

Of course, with that kind of game Anett would have most likely lost to weaker opponents as well.
What do you mean that she can't play tournaments because her birthday is at the end of the year???
Can't she play until she is 19???
But our Anett will be too good by then (I didn't see Annika winning the Orange Bowl at 15 )

BTW, Anett will now be top 8 seed for Wimbledon

I think Anett should play G2 Gerry Weber for some Grass practice, plus if she wins she will get 100 points + doubles
And the tournament is not going to be weak (Kulichkova is playing) as it's the only grass tournament besides the G1, so not only will it not be a waste of her time but it's also not whoring . I think it could be good for her, and we get to see her on livescores

Last edited by chingching : Jun 8th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #874
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Yes, at the end of this year the '94s are kicked out of the rankings. At the end of the next year the '95s are kicked out so the next year will be Anett's last in juniors.
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #875
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Yes, at the end of this year the '94s are kicked out of the rankings. At the end of the next year the '95s are kicked out so the next year will be Anett's last in juniors.
That's so unfair!!!!! It should be until she is 19!!!! So if you are born on January 1 compared to someone born on 31 December you get to play Juniors a whole year more than them!!! That's soooo unfair!!!
If only her mother had given birth 8 days later!!!

But I am not sure if she will even need juniors then
IMO, she will be top 100 by her 19th birthday
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #876
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I think Anett should play G2 Gerry Weber for some Grass practice, plus if she wins she will get 100 points + doubles
And the tournament is not going to be weak (Kulichkova is playing) as it's the only grass tournament besides the G1, so not only will it not be a waste of her time but it's also not whoring . I think it could be good for her, and we get to see her on livescores
I guess Anett heads back home now and tries to take the exams she missed. After that she'll play Roehampton and Wimbledon.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #877
country flag chingching

Will Anett play European championships this year in Klosters???
If she won she could get a nice 180 points and the championships have a very good reputation
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #878
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics of Anett at RG (credits to Bernard Pacalin)

Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #879
country flag muusa

Great pics, thanks! I was just searching some photos from junior RG the other day but did not find much..
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #880
country flag chingching

Really nice pics
Although that colour makes Anett look very slavic when in fact normally she is more Finnish looking

Here is a video of Annika playing against Anastasia Pivovarova in Stuttgart this year. I am not surprised that Anett lost as Annika is an amazing player. She is very agressive and hits great depth but hits no unforced errors whatsoever. Anett should not be sad about losing to such a good player
Here is the video:

Last edited by chingching : Jun 19th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #881
country flag chingching

I wish Anett would take her facebook page more seriously, like Donna Vekic does
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #882
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wish Anett would take her facebook page more seriously, like Donna Vekic does
Yeah, facebook (and a few other social sites) is the only way to keep in touch with the fans. Players should use it. Donna is posting almost everyday Especially in the days she plays. And not only results and comments, but also photos or videos with her. It'd be nice to see other juniors do the same. Actually, is there any other junior with an active facebook page?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #883
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Yeah, facebook (and a few other social sites) is the only way to keep in touch with the fans. Players should use it. Donna is posting almost everyday Especially in the days she plays. And not only results and comments, but also photos or videos with her. It'd be nice to see other juniors do the same. Actually, is there any other junior with an active facebook page?
Not really. Irina Khromacheva had a active website for a while, and Eugenie had a semi-active one. Donna makes a real effort which I like. It's one of the main reasons I like her. Also, if you have more facebook fans, then you are more likely to get sponsorships as you can say that so and so number of people follow me, meaning that the product has a larger audience. I like Donna's videos as well, as when Anett actually does update her facebook page, it's only with writing
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #884
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not really. Irina Khromacheva had a active website for a while, and Eugenie had a semi-active one. Donna makes a real effort which I like. It's one of the main reasons I like her. Also, if you have more facebook fans, then you are more likely to get sponsorships as you can say that so and so number of people follow me, meaning that the product has a larger audience. I like Donna's videos as well, as when Anett actually does update her facebook page, it's only with writing
Donna just made another post, a few minutes ago: "I've been spending a relaxing afternoon in Padova following this morning's practice. It's a lovely place that's rich in culture but also great for shopping... Tomorrow I play my second round match vs Anna-Lena Friedsam from Germany who is currently ranked 332 in the world." And added a photo with herself It's not such a great effort to write 2 sentences about your activities and the opponents you're facing. How much that takes, 2 minutes? I don't know if a player can attract sponsors via facebook , but it's definitely a good and easy way to get a bigger fanbase earlier in his/her career. And, after all, this way you prove your fans that you actually give a damn about them.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #885
country flag muusa

A video interview:

http://sport.err.ee/tennis/b1e3ba8d-...6-8d77bb8146e0

Anett says she is satisfied with the RG result - she made one round further than the year before. After one week of exams she will go to UK to train and prepare for Wimbledon. When asked about the goals her coach says: the highest.