Bonjour Maria Bienvenue to the French Open - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #241
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Re: Bonjour Maria Bienvenue to the French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by agni3ska View Post
Unicef Open.
Oh I remember Date-Krumm gave her a grasscourt tennis lesson last year there

Maria has to learn grass tennis fast for the OG.
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #242
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I so hoped they would get that win...
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #243
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

If Errani can go to the final of Roland Garros, Maria can win at least 5 slams
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #244
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirivanovic View Post

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #245
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirivanovic View Post
Hmm I know you're joking but I don't really think she can. When she got to AO QF her leg was already falling off. Errani got to the QFs and now she's in the final and won doubles too. Kiri would have to work alot on her fitness.
Also, Kiri doesn't have a surface where she is clearly one of the best players in the world like Errani has clay. Right now her best chance to go deep at a major would be in the USO because it's on hardcourt and it's not in the beginning of the season.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #246
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Hmm I know you're joking but I don't really think she can. When she got to AO QF her leg was already falling off. Errani got to the QFs and now she's in the final and won doubles too. Kiri would have to work alot on her fitness.
Also, Kiri doesn't have a surface where she is clearly one of the best players in the world like Errani has clay. Right now her best chance to go deep at a major would be in the USO because it's on hardcourt and it's not in the beginning of the season.
MK, Makiri needs to work on her fitness or conditioning? I think she's been in very good shape and fitness for the first 10 years of her WTA career. She is leaner than all the other players. She works on her fitness. But I think she may lack something where conditioning is concerned. Makiri is not as durable as she needs to be and Sara Errani is the perfect example of an undersized player who has great conditioning that carries her through the late stages of tournaments in singles and doubles. Maria has more natural talent than Errani but Errani is the well conditioned warrior Maria has never been.

Also if you remember the Kirilenko / Sharapova match from Indian Wells 2012 Makiri was clearly the more impressive player that day but she still lost because Big Masha a tennis heavyweight kept pounding on Little Masha a tennis lightweight for 3 sets and that took it's toll on Kirilenko. I can understand why Maria struggles against the power players but I can't accept Makiri's terrible record against non power players like Errani, Jelena Jankovic, Aga Radwanska and Caroline Wozniacki. That is on Makiri.

That said Maria is in the top 20 in singles and top 10 in doubles and that is a fine acheivement for her but she can do better in my opinion.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #247
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

The first step would be to get a coach. Errani, Kerber, Petkovic (etc.) all are having success and all of them have a coach. She should stop being stubborn and find someone, someone good.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #248
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
The first step would be to get a coach. Errani, Kerber, Petkovic (etc.) all are having success and all of them have a coach. She should stop being stubborn and find someone, someone good.
You do know you are asking a Russian to not be stubborn and that is not easy. I agree with you about hope a good coach would help Maria. But I think she is just happey paying her dad to be her coach. This way she keeps the money in the family.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #249
the cat

Years ago Maria Kirilenko and Maria Sharapova shared alot of fans here at WTA World. Are there any other Little Masha fans here who are happy for Big Masha winning the French Open and career grand slam today? I am. Just curious to see if there are others.

Last edited by the cat : Jun 9th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #250
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to post here anymore. Have fun guys.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #251
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Well, I used to like Sharapova, I just don't like her fans anymore. The comments after the Kiri-Maria match in Miami and after Kiri's loss here against Zakopalova were so pathetic. I mean, there are some similarities between these two I think, just that Kiri is better looking and more charming , while the other Maria is obviously the more successful and therefor better player. I don't know what is better, but it is apparently hard to take for for Sharapova's fans that she is not the best in everything and maybe Kiri reminds them of that. Well, thats how I see it at least...

But deserved victory for MariaS, I honestly think the only two players with a chance to beat her in her draw were Serena and, don't laugh, Kiri. Both didn't make it, so easy victory.

@agnieszka: Don't leave please .
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #252
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeborn View Post
Well, I used to like Sharapova, I just don't like her fans anymore. The comments after the Kiri-Maria match in Miami and after Kiri's loss here against Zakopalova were so pathetic. I mean, there are some similarities between these two I think, just that Kiri is better looking and more charming , while the other Maria is obviously the more successful and therefor better player. I don't know what is better, but it is apparently hard to take for for Sharapova's fans that she is not the best in everything and maybe Kiri reminds them of that. Well, thats how I see it at least...

But deserved victory for MariaS, I honestly think the only two players with a chance to beat her in her draw were Serena and, don't laugh, Kiri. Both didn't make it, so easy victory.

@agnieszka: Don't leave please .

I do agree with you in every point. I always liked big masha too, but it becomes more difficult to support her everytime I see how her fans are behaving like
and I also have the impression that they still don't get over of that first round loss from the AO 2010 against kiri.
Also, I think they were so glad about kiri's loss here in R2 because they knew that the draw looked way better then for masha.
When I watched masha's R4 match and noticed how much she was struggling in there, I often thought that kiri probably could have won that...just too bad she missed that great opportunity.
and no doubt about who of the masha's is better looking

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #253
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Years ago Maria Kirilenko and Maria Sharapova shared alot of fans here at WTA World. Are there any other Little Masha fans here who are happy for Big Masha winning the French Open and career grand slam today? I am. Just curious to see if there are others.
I am very happy that ShaSha won ! She's one of my favourite players too. And I don't care about her stupid fans on the forum...
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #254
the cat

Celeborn, Makiri rulezzz and Remix, you make interesting points how you still like Big Masha but don't like some of her fans here. I don't blame you. But I try to sperate Sharapova from her board fans here.

Celeborn, Shaarapova fans here made a big deal about Kiri losing to Klara in the second round of the French Open? That is kind of odd and uncalled for.

No doubt I badly wanted a Makiri versus Sharapova fourth round match but Little Masha wasn't up to it. An in form Makiri would have caused trouble for Sharapova. And yes some Sharapova fans still resent Makiri beating Big Masha in the first round of Oz 2010. That was a great and thrilling match though. No reason for any Sharapova fan to hate Kiri. Even Little Masha's racquet to court tapping incident this past Indian Wells was way overblown by everyone. Makiri got hit with a point penalty as she should have and that should have been it. Sadly Kiri lost her poise after that point penalty and she was never the same after that when she was in position to win the match in straight sets. Then Big Masha took over the rest of the match. I also get the feeling Big Masha and Little Masha aren't as close as they used to be. But that's life. Not a big deal.