I never cry. EVER. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all
I never cry. EVER.

...but the moment that ball splashed into the net, I was in tears. I really didn't expect to do that. And I probably wouldn't have had the shoulder injury never happened. But that's what made me emotional. That's what made Maria emotional (which in turn made me more emotional, because we never see that from her). That's what made this mean more. I never thought she'd be back to this point. I hate to admit that, but it's true. Who could have? It's not that we didn't believe in Maria... it's just that, how could she possibly come off of an injury like that and return to her prior dominance? Well, she actually didn't do that... she surpassed it. She's better now than she ever was before the injury. I'm just so happy right now. This is such a wonderful moment for Maria. And for us, her dedicated fans. She's back, and better than ever. And most importantly... the career grand slam is hers. At last. At last.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #2
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I never cry. EVER.

I had tears in my eyes too
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm STILL teary

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

I'm so happy, and I'm useless to reveal emotion with anyone
so happy
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly never understood why people cry with happiness.

Today I found out
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #6
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Wow!! I still feel so emmotional. I was in floods when Maria fell to the ground in victory. And also during the national anthem of Russia. She so deserves it as do all of us and i feel another SW19 victory on 07th July 2012 xx
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #7

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

I'd love that... but honestly, I'm more concerned with her winning the second event at the AELTC this summer. I'll still be excited for Wimbledon, but I don't think I've been so unpumped (if that makes sense) for a Wimbledon before. If she doesn't win the title, I won't sweat it one bit. Olympic gold is what I really want for Maria... how cool would it be to upgrade her career grand slam to a career golden slam?
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #8
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I screamed so loudly, then I had to grab my pillow, because I wasn't done screaming
I jumped up and down, and couldn't sit still during the entire throphy ceremony

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #9
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I screamed and jumped like a maniac followed by a victory dance and had way too many shots
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #10
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
I'd love that... but honestly, I'm more concerned with her winning the second event at the AELTC this summer. I'll still be excited for Wimbledon, but I don't think I've been so unpumped (if that makes sense) for a Wimbledon before. If she doesn't win the title, I won't sweat it one bit. Olympic gold is what I really want for Maria... how cool would it be to upgrade her career grand slam to a career golden slam?
She will win both
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
I screamed and jumped like a maniac followed by a victory dance and had way too many shots
That's what I usually do when she wins a title (minus the drinking )... but it was just too emotional for me. It meant so much.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #12
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching it with my family so I had to hold everything in so as not to risk being committed to an institution

It still hasn't really sunk in for me. I'm sure when I watch coverage of Wimbledon I'll be in tears the second they refer to her as the French Open champion

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #13
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetAndMatch View Post
I was watching it with my family so I had to hold everything in so as not to risk being committed to an institution

It still hasn't really sunk in for me. I'm sure when I watch coverage of Wimbledon I'll be in tears the second they refer to her as the French Open champion
OMG same here My dad hates Maria too so he would've been like wtf is wrong with you? But a few minutes after she won, I went upstairs into my room, closed the door, and just SOBBED into my pillow. It was crazy.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #14
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
OMG same here My dad hates Maria too so he would've been like wtf is wrong with you? But a few minutes after she won, I went upstairs into my room, closed the door, and just SOBBED into my pillow. It was crazy.
Shoulda done that. I cracked open a cold one instead

My dad always roots for the opponent just to spite me. He can't even pronounce Kvitova but he was cheering her on in the Wimbledon final last year like she was his daughter My mom adores Maria so she was just as happy as I was.

Just a great moment all around, I think it's safe to say.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #15
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetAndMatch View Post

OMG I thought I was alone here.
My mom wasn't there and she's the one who understands better my love for Maria, I was with my dad and my uncle happened to be around
(side note: he likes tennis and loved Lindsay Davenport, Hingis and Henin, I remember feeling sorry for him in the Wimb 2004 SF when I first rooted for Maria in my life now his fav is Vika but he likes Maria, he was in Rome with me )
so I had to be quite "classy" and I just made a big SIGH putting my hands on my face when she won. After that I was just like a statue watching and hearing only the TV, they were asking things to me but I wasn't really "there" until the TV went on commercial.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote