Which Grand Slam do you want to be Maria's first #2? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which one?

Australian Open 7 8.43%
Roland Garros 5 6.02%
Wimbledon 64 77.11%
US Open 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice
Which Grand Slam do you want to be Maria's first #2?

We know it's coming sooner or later, but in my heart, Wimbledon will be the first to be blessed with #2, and it will be this year! She happens to win a slam every two years, and 2012 will MAKE up 2010. I think that the combination of her claycourt skills, plus Thomas and the rest of the team (I don't call it Maria's team, but I call it THE team because they're so much like family.) will give Maria more determination and more chances of winning Wimbledon 8 years after the first one.

And now that She won all 4 of them, which one do you think will be the first one to be Maria's first #2?

abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #2
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Grand Slam do you want to be Maria's first #2?

Anyone who won't vote for Wimbledon is weird IMO because obviously I want her to win the next slam
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #3
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

if she serves like during this clayseason, she'll have great chance to win Wimbledon!
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #4
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care

Any Slam would be a cherry on top, as Maria once said it, I'd like to see many more cheeries

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #5
country flag Mashi

Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I don't care

Any Slam would be a cherry on top, as Maria once said it, I'd like to see many more cheeries
This
Mashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #6
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
Anyone who won't vote for Wimbledon is weird IMO because obviously I want her to win the next slam
Oh good it's a public poll so we can identify said weirdos

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #7
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I don't care

This, TOTALLY!
It obviously would be great for her to win ANY slam now (before RG this actually would have been the best over the other 3 of course) ... but well, knowing her love (and mine! ) for Wimbledon, I'd chose that.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #8
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
But Wimbledon IS the next slam so we agree!
If this vote was after Wimb I'd vote the Golden Medal and then US Open... Oh yes Maria, spoil me
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon or AO please.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #10
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly Wimbledon next month. Honestly though, I'll be happy with whichever it is, as long as it comes soon!

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #11
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon obviously. Then the US Open (and not only because it follows Wimbledon ) but it would make her super popular over there again (and we'd get more press interest)
And I know it's not a GS but the Olympic Gold medal would be so she'd have a bit of everything major. Then play at a Fed Cup final and win
joćo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #12
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

NY has always had a special place in my heart

but more than a slam what she really needs now is a golden medal
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #13
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

anyone is the third olympic year in a row that she won a slam
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #14
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Wimbledon is the obvious choice and that's the one I voted for.

But I'd love to see her win Roland Garros a couple more times for irony sake, and another Aussie or US.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #15
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

Oh she will win Roland Garros every 1-2 years until she retires. Mark my words. Definitely 3 more times.
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote