Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Bigger gap on clay

Henin over Serena 117 49.58%
Nadal over Federer 119 50.42%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #436
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Serena in 2010 won 2 Majors but nothing else. Not what I'd call her "prime" but if you say so
After ' 03 it became all about the majors for Serena...so I can live with it.

And Juju?! For a prime that lasted so long...never had consecutive years with 2+ majors, never won Wimby.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #437
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Are you really saying Serena of 2007 was her prime? There is no way in hell Serena was in match shape the second half of the year considering she had the ankle and even more serious thumb injury from the fall at Wimbledon.
So what was she exactly on the decline phase ? She was on a declining phase in a year she won a major ? Add, 4 QF, 5 counting AO 2008. I don't know whom exactly you're trying to fool but certainly not me.

Quote:
2004 [...] Do you want the pictures posted from those years?
All these are just excuses. I already proved that Serena was still making at least one GS F per year during that period of time again, you really have to make a better case than all these excuses and theories of decline.

Quote:
Again, Serena was in form the first half of 2007, even at the French Open. The fall at Wimbledon is when the decline happened, she couldn't practice, put on a few pounds, and went into the US Open that year with no matchplay so her endurance was not as where it was before and she barely practiced going into the event.
So Serena won the AO 2007 being fat and out-of-form, ranked 80 something in the world playing her peak tennis but all of a sudden she finds herself in the same physical situation during that same year and she had declined ? According to you she was totally impotent whilst having previously won the AO 2007 in the same physical condition ?

So are just simply saying that her AO 2007 was a total fluke ? Well it wouldn't be untrue considering she was mugging all around and should have lost multiple times against Peer, Petrova & co.

Quote:
And, Justine was too good? If, this were the case she should have continued playing. When Serena got back to optimum shape and fitness in 2008, she crushed Justine in Miami in 2008 easily with a bagel. It is not Serena's fault that Justine decided to call it quits. She was unmotivated and not in best shape physically, so even if she did decide to play, Serena would have been the least of her worries considering she didn't want it anymore.
Justine had given up since the beat-down in AO 2008 against Maria Sharapova. If you think Justine was at her tennis and mental best after AO 2008 you're clearly delusional and totally delusional. Serena's form from 2007 entering 2008 wasn't that much different while Justine came from her absolute best and was totally gased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
What field are you talking about? I don't know what's happening with Serena at majors these days, but she's beaten Vika/Masha et al in pretty brutal fashion the last 6 months..just somehow can't get it done at the majors. Comes with age I guess.
Well let her beat Vika etc. on the WTA tour as long as she's not clinching the majors that's ok for us.

Quote:
The ' 02 RG field was much stronger than this year's and even in this weak field Vika couldn't get it done..so what makes you think she was gonna win in '02? THAT was your comment.
Yeah but Serena didn't play the field. Serena played a certain players.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #438
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Nadal over Federer. But if you compare the relative levels of play across the two tours. Federer is a much better claycourter than the rest of the ATP tour than Serena is over the WTA tour. It's just that Nadal is amazing on the stuff.
Exactly. Those that voted for "Henin over Serena" voted that way because relatively speaking FedTard is a better clay court player than Serena BUT if u answer the question of the biggest gap it's a no-brainer Nadal vs Federer.

How can u seriously answer the question any other way

Nadal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Federer on clay
Henin >>>> Serena on clay
...even though relatively speaking FedTard >>>>>>>>>> Serena on clay.

The question is 'the biggest gap'- and there's more of a difference between Nadal and FedTard than there is between Henin and Serena.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #439
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Well let her beat Vika etc. on the WTA tour as long as she's not clinching the majors that's ok for us.

Yeah but Serena didn't play the field. Serena played a certain players.
Of course, but then go talk about no field being tough for Serena..it's all mental these days for Serena. I hope she can sort it out.

That's just non-sense. what's that supposed to mean?
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #440
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Exactly. Those that voted for "Henin over Serena" voted that way because relatively speaking FedTard is a better clay court player than Serena BUT if u answer the question of the biggest gap it's a no-brainer Nadal vs Federer.

The question is 'the biggest gap'- and there's more of a difference between Nadal and FedTard than there is between Henin and Serena.
Well said. I think that is the general consensus here. It's just that some people have bruised egos about their ability to apply simple logic and therefore won't admit that they're wrong.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #441
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post

I don't agree at all. Although Nadal is quite a bit greater than Henin on clay (not that much though), Federer is SO far ahead of Serena on clay that the gap between Henin and Serena is much bigger.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #442
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I don't agree at all. Although Nadal is quite a bit greater than Henin on clay (not that much though), Federer is SO far ahead of Serena on clay that the gap between Henin and Serena is much bigger.
............ I am a Henin stan and I find this totally unacceptable.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #443
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Nadal has lost ONE match at RG his whole career, has 6 titles..compared to 4 by Juju..who's managed to lose twice in the 1r at RG. I mean seriously?
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #444
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

people on tennis forum are far more knowledgeable than on menstennisforums.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #445
country flag LDVTennis

LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Nadal has lost ONE match at RG his whole career, has 6 titles..compared to 4 by Juju..who's managed to lose twice in the 1r at RG.
Roger has made more RG finals than Serena, many more. Roger has more titles at tour events on red clay than Serena, many more. Roger knows how to move and play on clay; Serena doesn't.

The gap between Henin and Serena is much greater.
Steffi Graf was part of a youth tennis group that was studied from age 12 and then followed, and the scientists called her "the perfect talent" even then. In addition to her many tennis-specific skills, her aerobic capacity was on par with the best distance runners in Europe. --- David Epstein, The Sports Gene
LDVTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #446
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

we need to compare the gap between serena - errani and fed - nadal...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #447
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

a tough one, because if we look at the statistics the gap between serena and henin is bigger on clay than between federer and nadal.

..but if you have followed tennis closely and use your brains it is obvious that the gap between federer and nadal is bigger, because nadal has a mental and stylistic advantage over federer. Fed played his absolute best in rolland garros a couple of times and just couldnt beat nadal. funny thing I found out recently is that nadal leads 12-2 against both federer and djokovic (STATISTICS right?), but I see djokovic as having a MUCH better chance to beat rafa on clay than federer has, because of the style/mental aspect.

..and I had the same feeling with serena. henin was not in serena's head on clay. when serena brings her "A" game you know that she CAN win anytime and if u do look at the statistics, some matches on clay were very close (much closer than fed/nadal matches).

I know i'm mentioning feelings a lot, but hey we are humans and statistics never describe the whole story. im not defending serena here, because i feel the same for henin when she made her last comeback, she lost 3 times against clijsters who was in great shape, while henin was still trying to find her "A" game.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #448
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #449
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Why bump that thread ?

Obviously it was tennis/games matching up wise ....

I always thought it was Nadal/Federer so the result today has not changed anything for me...

Last edited by debby : Jun 8th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #450
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute

exactly I mean when Nadal routed Federer in the 2008 Final 6–1, 6–3, 6–0, that should of shown the gap between them and answered this question