On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3976
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Fed holds for 6-3 5th set at 40-30 from 40-15.
You're welcome. Of course you see what I did there. I wanted Federer to win so I figured the best way to make that happen would be to predict that he would lose.

The is no off position on the genius switch.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #3977
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Oh geez. Tsonga loses the 4th set tiebreak from 4-2 up and having 4 match points earlier. Come on Tsonga.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #3978
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh geez. Tsonga loses the 4th set tiebreak from 4-2 up and having 4 match points earlier. Come on Tsonga.
I'm not sure that Tsongs wouldn't be a tougher opponent for Federer, maybe you should be rooting for Djokovic?

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3979
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't care much for this format of both French Open quarterfinals being played at the same time.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3980
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
I didn't care much for this format of both French Open quarterfinals being played at the same time.
Well, one good thing was that we were guaranteed to receive coverage of at least one WTA match.

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #3981
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
You're welcome. Of course you see what I did there. I wanted Federer to win so I figured the best way to make that happen would be to predict that he would lose.

The is no off position on the genius switch.
Haha

Hmmm...so should I blame you for Caro's loss to Kanepi? You were saying that she could back and win it midway through the 2nd set.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #3982
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Well, one good thing was that we were guaranteed to receive coverage of at least one WTA match.
That's a sad comment on the state of Wta coverage. I wanted to see both matches not just part of them.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #3983
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I've only just finished watching the match (I had recorded it) and I'm so relieved Roger won. The guy's resumé gets more impressive with each match he plays.

Strange draw actually. Berdych, Tsonga and del Potro are the three most dangerous players other than the big four, and all three of them were in the Federer/Djokovic half of the draw. Ferrer is perhaps more consistent than those three, but his peaks are not as high as theirs.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #3984
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Strange draw actually. Berdych, Tsonga and del Potro are the three most dangerous players other than the big four, and all three of them were in the Federer/Djokovic half of the draw. Ferrer is perhaps more consistent than those three, but his peaks are not as high as theirs.
True. I don't think Nadal needs any help in winning here, it would be great to see him pushed at least a little bit. The Djokovic of 2011 would have had a great chance to defeat Nadal but I don't believe that the 2012 version has much hope and we all know what will happen if Federer makes the final. Barring an injury I think we can safely assume that Nadal will be winning his seventh French Open title. Where is Robin Soderling when we really need him?

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3985
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True. I don't think Nadal needs any help in winning here, it would be great to see him pushed at least a little bit. The Djokovic of 2011 would have had a great chance to defeat Nadal but I don't believe that the 2012 version has much hope and we all know what will happen if Federer makes the final. Barring an injury I think we can safely assume that Nadal will be winning his seventh French Open title. Where is Robin Soderling when we really need him?
Yes, I'm resigned to the fact that if (and it's a big if) Fed gets past Djokovic that he will lose again to Nadal. My only hope is Murray stopping him.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #3986
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Yes, I'm resigned to the fact that if (and it's a big if) Fed gets past Djokovic that he will lose again to Nadal. My only hope is Murray stopping him.
I wish I could go back in time and tell the Federer of 2004 what the future held for him at Roland Garros, maybe with a little extra motivation he would have found a way to win it that year.

Old Jun 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3987
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little rant (and some positives, as I'm getting sentimental on my old days). I started following Caro back in 2003 or 4 (my first video recording of her is from 2004), and I've been reading her forum here on TF since 2005, I think. But I stopped following this forum more than a year ago. Sure, I've been lurking now and then, but I never read everything, and there are still lots of threads I haven't posted in (and threads I haven't opened!). There's too much negativity and pessimism for my liking. This was going on while Caro was still winning - at a time when most of the critique seemed unjustified to me (something I've complained about in the past). I also think there's too much talk about GM here, and I completely agree with what Bingain said 18 months ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingain View Post
I wonder if you guys can stop talking about GM or haters here. There is a reason to have players forums and threads and there are reasons for a GM.
I don't think the negativity posted in GM deserves all the attention it gets here. My life is too short to bother with it. On the other hand, I wouldn't like to be the one deciding how this forum should be run, particularly since I'm not contributing a lot anymore. The form and tone of the forum sort of lives a life of its own (thanks to the regular posters with all your differing opinions). At the bottom line, I really appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into Caro's forum. Your dedication is still evident, and you all deserve some kind of lifetime achievement award for "hanging in there" over such a long time. So I'll post some good reps to all of you, if possible. It's fully deserved
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #3988
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My only hope is Murray stopping him.
So,basically,you feel(felt) hopeless

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #3989
country flag Protoss

Fed broken for 4-6 1st set at 15-40. Come on Roger.

Fed broke for 3-2 1st set but was broken right back.

My stupid Nbc station is airing the Today show and not this match. It'll be broadcast here on a tape delayed basis.
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3990
country flag DownInAHole

If I thought he had any chance at all of winning the final I would be cheering for Federer but I believe that Djokovic has a (slightly) better chance of winning so I hope he takes the match in three sets. Looking at the way Nadal destroyed Ferrer I really can't see him losing regardless of who he plays but you can never be sure about these things.