Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Bigger gap on clay

Henin over Serena 117 49.37%
Nadal over Federer 120 50.63%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #421
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Vikapower spreading the truth

As for "Prime Serena": That person existed a decade ago only for about 1.5 years and has never been seen again. Stop trying to keep that person relevant.
And how long did prime Juju last?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #422
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
NEVER ? On hardcourts, I doubt it. Most of times, Serena would win, but I think Justine could still snatch a few wins.
On HC, yeah..can see Henin grab a win here or there. On grass never.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #423
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
And how long did prime Juju last?!

Dubai 2003 until YEC 2007 - except for when she was ill.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #424
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Only the Willytards could be so deluded as to even think this is still a debate

Roger has only lost at RG once to a person other than Rafa in the past 7 years, and that one person was a two-time finalist.
Serena just lost in the first round to RAZZANO.

</thread>
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #425
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Roger has only lost at RG once to a person other than Rafa in the past 7 years, and that one person was a two-time finalist.

</thread>
Serena almost beat Henin in her prime, and was just a few points from taking the match before the hand incident. When has Roger almost beat Rafa? Roger may have a better claycourt resume, but he has never come close to beating Rafa at the French Open, while Serena has almost beat Justine, follow?
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #426
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Serena almost beat Henin in her prime, and was just a few points from taking the match before the hand incident. When has Roger almost beat Rafa? Roger may have a better claycourt resume, but he has never come close to beating Rafa at the French Open, while Serena has almost beat Justine, follow?
Justine was still 4 years away from her prime when Serena nearly beat her in 2003. It was right in the middle of Serena's prime though (and she still couldn't beat her).

In any case, the OP made clear on about page 2 of this thread that the thread was about which gap in accomplishments was bigger, Serena-Henin or Rafa-Roger, rather than it being about the match-ups specifically.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #427
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

The point of this thread is not comparing Roger's claycourt resume to Serena's because first of all you can never compare the WTA to the ATP. It's the gap between Serena and Justine vs Roger and Rafa, and Serena has and had a bigger chance of beating Henin on clay, than Roger beating Rafa on clay. Rafa, also can beat Roger on any surface as proven, while Serena was injured when Henin got her 2 lone wins off of Serena off of clay. Serena has a significant lead in the head to head off of clay against Justine.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #428
country flag TheDream

Quote:
Justine was still 4 years away from her prime when Serena nearly beat her in 2003. It was right in the middle of Serena's prime though (and she still couldn't beat her).

In any case, the OP made clear on about page 2 of this thread that the thread was about which gap in accomplishments was bigger, Serena-Henin or Rafa-Roger, rather than it being about the match-ups specifically.
2003 was Justine's 2nd best year, and before the mono and illness she went through, even during her prime in 2007.
And, you can't compare the ATP to the WTA, otherwise we would say Court or Graf or Navratilova are greater than Federer. Hell, we could say that Serena is almost greater than Roger, statistically speaking, especially with winning 4 slams in a row, something Roger hasn't done. So, the OP was completely off the mark if they are trying to compare gap in accomplishments which you can never do when comparing the WTA and ATP.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #429
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever. I said disregard Justine's 2010 clay season while you try globalize on whole of Serena's 2012. Nice try but doesn't work.

2010 Justine to me and end 2011/2012 Serena worth approximately the same in terms of level of play. Both made a GS F and won a few titles, both showed some abilities and very mediocre play from match to match or tournament to tournament. Serena isn't worst than Justine 2010, Serena isn't playing any differently or bad from what she was before, the competition is just on whole lot different level.

Rena won the AO 2007 playing the greatest display of tennis in a GS F according to her fans. You really gotta bring some serious more evidence to contradict the fact that Serena wasn't still in her prime in 2007.

Rena tards are quick to advance the Sarin short decline theory but if you estimate that decline to be between 2004 to 2007, she still has 2 majors including one she won being ranked over the top 50 and 1 GS F. She also made 5 consecutive GS QF up until AO 2008.

Ok, even if we accepted the famous decline theory how long did it last ? Serena hit a huge peak in AO 2007 and beat Justine in Miami 2007. You Rena fans are just too desperate, from there on now Justine was just too good.

Serena was winning 2 majors a year in a weak field from 2008 to 2010 (though in 2008 she only had 1) whilst in end 2011 and 2012 she still has none. Serena had 1 GS and 1 GS F from 2004 to 2006 -- 1 GS QF.

Even if you cut it per 2 years, 2004-2005 2006-2007 -- She has at least 1 GS F and/or W during these this grouped period -- yeah she was declining or on the decline phase, just whatever rocks your boat.

Because Pierce who was still recovering from injury, lost 6-1 6-1 in the QF and a Venus Williams who reached a fluky RG F was competition ?
You didn't specify the clay-season for Juju..okay, in that case.then cool.
What field are you talking about? I don't know what's happening with Serena at majors these days, but she's beaten Vika/Masha et al in pretty brutal fashion the last 6 months..just somehow can't get it done at the majors. Comes with age I guess.

That's only being said by the newbie Serena-fans who haven't seen her play in ' 02-'03. Serena's win over Momo at Wimbledon ' 02 is still THE best match she's ever played to me. ' 07 oz open final was good, but Masha's just an easy match-up for Serena.

The ' 02 RG field was much stronger than this year's and even in this weak field Vika couldn't get it done..so what makes you think she was gonna win in '02? THAT was your comment.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #430
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Dubai 2003 until YEC 2007 - except for when she was ill.
Really? And you gonna dismiss Serena as just 1.5 year when she was still winning majors in ' 10?! Ah Matty..come on, man.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #431
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
The point of this thread is not comparing Roger's claycourt resume to Serena's because first of all you can never compare the WTA to the ATP. It's the gap between Serena and Justine vs Roger and Rafa, and Serena has and had a bigger chance of beating Henin on clay, than Roger beating Rafa on clay. Rafa, also can beat Roger on any surface as proven, while Serena was injured when Henin got her 2 lone wins off of Serena off of clay.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #432
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On HC, yeah..can see Henin grab a win here or there. On grass never.
Yeah we both agree.
Maybe in Eastbourne though I mean.... I think Henin has the perfect game for grass. But she had a huge problem : her serve. I am convinced it cost her Wimbledon. So.... even if her ground game is great on grass, Serena will always beat her with her serve in Wimbledon. It's like Federer being able to beat Nadal on clay but not in RG.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #433
bandabou

Quote:

</thread>
Ah dsanders, dsanders. You're more funny when you don't try so hard.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #434
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Yeah we both agree.
Maybe in Eastbourne though I mean.... I think Henin has the perfect game for grass. But she had a huge problem : her serve. I am convinced it cost her Wimbledon. So.... even if her ground game is great on grass, Serena will always beat her with her serve in Wimbledon. It's like Federer being able to beat Nadal on clay but not in RG.

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #435
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Really? And you gonna dismiss Serena as just 1.5 year when she was still winning majors in ' 10?! Ah Matty..come on, man.

Serena in 2010 won 2 Majors but nothing else. Not what I'd call her "prime" but if you say so