** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 281 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4201
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Quote:
Sharapova: My life's too boring for Twitter
Ticker - Friday, June 1, 2012

Maria Sharapova, who has over seven million fans on Facebook, says she doesnít use Twitter because her everyday life isn't very exciting.

"I think it's too much for me. I mean, I'm bored with myself on a daily basis, and I think if I'm bored, like eating a bowl of pasta, I don't need to let the world know that I'm at this restaurant eating a bowl of pasta," she said. "That's my opinion about it now. Maybe that can change, but itís just too much every day to tweet and to write. I write enough texts a day. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I would tweet constantly. I'm getting arthritis in my thumbs. I already text so much, it's embarrassing.
http://tennis.com/articles/templates...7968&zoneid=25

CutePova
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 05:22 PM   #4202
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I fucking love her.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:02 PM   #4203
country flag jo„o.
;

jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute

She still needs an account.
jo„o. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #4204
country flag jo„o.
;

jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Morita 6‑1, 6‑1

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. Can you maybe share how was your day yesterday with the delay and then it was postponed and how you approached this match this morning?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was a pretty long day yesterday. I feel like I warmed up like 20 times for this match (smiling).

Yeah, it was one of those days where you just want to get on the court and then, you know, youíre at the courts all day, and sitting, waiting around, eating, sleeping. Itís like a good way to put someone into retirement. (Smiling).

It was nice. Nice to get out there today and finish it and get in a third round.

Q. Where do you think your game is right now and how do you feel about it? How do you think about your prospects in this tournament?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was happy with the way I played today. I never faced my opponent before. Yeah, when she has time, she really goes for her shots. I really wanted to try to get her on the move. I thought I played well, aggressive, moved in when I had to.

Yeah, with every round Iím going to be playing tougher opponents, and thatís when you really want to kind of step it up and raise your level. Thatís what Iíll try to do in the next round.

Q. You talked before the tournament about what it would mean to come back and be No. 1. What would it mean to win this title and complete a career Grand Slam?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, if I didnít have any Grand Slams, it would mean a lot to win on its own. You know, I donít need all the other, you know, things, if itís the one I havenít won or itís the one I need to win. I mean, such a big event for us and an important one, and, yeah, one that Iíve always wanted to be a champion at. Itís still a goal of mine and something I look forward to. But not because itís not the one I havenít won, but because itís Roland Garros and you want to win it.

Q. But that said, the players that have achieved it are a very special breed of player to adapt to all those different conditions, surfaces, venues. What would it mean for you to join them?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, it would mean a lot to join them. I mean, of course. But itís not something that you think of, well, it will be nice to join them. I think itís more of a personal achievement than anything else.

Q. So you saw what happened with Serena, and you probably didnít see, but Radwanska lost easily today. You have been in big situations when things get tense. How do you avoid getting nervous and letting the moment take away from you and actually being able to play your game without imploding, falling apart?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I donít think you avoid it. I donít think itís something you can avoid. If you feel tension and you feel nerves, youíre human to feel it. I think itís how you actually deal with them and how you cooperate, if you let them get to you. You know, sometimes youíre in the moment and youíre able to zone in, and sometimes you think a little bit too much, and it gets overwhelming out there.

But, I mean, pressure and nerves are ‑‑ they are always going to be there. Thatís part of the game. If you donít feel a little bit of something in certain situations, then itís tough to kind of raise the level. Because when you have those nerves, you feel like you have to come up with something. At that point itís either you can or you canít.

Q. I know a little bit happens generally all the time, but what happens when itís a lot of nerves, something you generally donít experience week in and week out? Then what do you do? Do you say, Hit the heck out of the ball? Oh, Iíve got to forget about it?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe wait until next time when it doesnít get so bad. (Smiling.)

I donít know. I mean, your options at that point are pretty limited. No, maybe there is a magic pill for it. I donít know. I donít think there is.

Q. Youíre one of the top players that shuns Twitter. Iím just wondering, you know, why you havenít decided to go on that media platform.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think itís too much for me. I mean, Iím bored with myself on a daily basis, and I think if Iím bored, like eating a bowl of pasta, I donít need to let the world know that Iím at this restaurant eating a bowl of pasta.

Thatís my opinion about it now. Maybe that can change, but I feel like itís very ‑‑ just too much every day to tweet and to write. I write enough texts a day. I canít even imagine what it would be like if I would tweet constantly. Iím like, Iím getting arthritis in my thumbs. I already text so much, itís embarrassing.

Q. Are you worried at all about how things you say might be reacted to?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not at all. No, I have Facebook, which I love to write about, but for me Facebook is more like a travel journal for me than anything else.

I mean, I think I have already 7 million fans that I have no idea where they came from or who they are, but thank you if youíre live.

Itís just a nice opportunity I think for the people that really follow you to maybe get a little bit more personal and share things and write things that come from your own voice. I just like to write a lot, so I like to make it fun and very easygoing. Itís not going to be, you know, like science.

So I have fun with it. I take a lot more pictures now than I used to, because I feel like I want to share it on my Facebook than anywhere else.

Q. When Serena Williams lost the other day, there was a chance maybe Maria Sharapovaís chance to get all the way. Do you have a special thought or did you care what the other top players are doing?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, itís tough to be in the first round of a tournament and think, this person lost in the ‑‑ someone that you could face in the quarterfinal of a tournament. I think thatís just a really wrong way to look at things. If youíre thinking like that, then youíre at a big disadvantage, because, I mean, no matter who you play, if you get to the quarterfinals, no matter who you play, you have to play at a high level. You canít worry about if itís Serena or somebody else across the net. You have to beat them.

So if somebody beat her to get to that point, then theyíre playing great and you have to go and try and beat them.

Q. Youíre flying the world, playing great Championships, doing fantastic events like the press and the media.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Wonderful (smiling). Go on. Letís not exaggerate.

Q. Whatís the boring bit? You said you were bored with Maria?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, just a routine. You go through the similar things on a daily basis, especially when youíre traveling and at tournaments. Itís just a lot of similar things. I donít know. I mean, you guys know. You play a match, and we stretch. We go on the bike. We recover. We do a press conference. We go back. We, I donít know, go on the Internet. I mean, I text. Then you go to sleep or you take a nap on a day off. Itís just very basic.

Then on the days off maybe you do something a little spontaneous. Thatís pretty much it. Itís more exciting when youíre at home. Then youíre doing, like, home things and itís wonderful.

Q. This is a question from fans. They want to know who, between you and Sasha, gets more nervous watching the other play? If you watch him play, do you get nervous, or does he get more nervous watching you play? Do you know how you guysÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I keep it inside a lot more. Then I let it out later.

I donít know. I would ‑‑ the only thing I have to say about that is itís so much easier to play than to watch. I mean, I pay so much money when Iím watching just to be in that situation. Itís a unique thing and you canít control anything, but you want to say things and scream things. Like if theyíre just doing all the wrong things, you want to be like shake their head, like, Whatís wrong with you? But then you know in that moment itís always difficult and tough.

Yeah. But Iíd rather be playing.
jo„o. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM   #4205
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

A transcript!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Praise the Gods.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4206
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Loved the Sasha question.
Also, "Let's not exaggerate"
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #4207
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Nothing proves this more than her mobile phone whorriness, all the while we KNOW she has an iPhone.
We do? I'd actually go with the idea that she has a blackberry.. Been around her on too many pics. And that the iPhone is Adir's. But yup, she might have a BB, an iPhone and other phones, too. Wondering how much does she know to use of it... People saying she is not really a technical type.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 07:48 PM   #4208
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo„o. View Post
M. SHARAPOVA/A. Morita 6‑1, 6‑1

Q. This is a question from fans. They want to know who, between you and Sasha, gets more nervous watching the other play? If you watch him play, do you get nervous, or does he get more nervous watching you play? Do you know how you guysÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I keep it inside a lot more. Then I let it out later.

I donít know. I would ‑‑ the only thing I have to say about that is itís so much easier to play than to watch. I mean, I pay so much money when Iím watching just to be in that situation. Itís a unique thing and you canít control anything, but you want to say things and scream things. Like if theyíre just doing all the wrong things, you want to be like shake their head, like, Whatís wrong with you? But then you know in that moment itís always difficult and tough.

Yeah. But Iíd rather be playing.
ahem
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4209
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^^ omg was totally thinking the same
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM   #4210
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold

s teddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM   #4211
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for posting the article jao. I can't wait for Maria to share her memoir with us. Probably after she retires.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4212
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
We do? I'd actually go with the idea that she has a blackberry.. Been around her on too many pics. And that the iPhone is Adir's. But yup, she might have a BB, an iPhone and other phones, too. Wondering how much does she know to use of it... People saying she is not really a technical type.
Lol I can't recall witch photo set it was.... maybe the ones when she's getting ready for the fake short hair shoot and after it. She's got an iPhone.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 11:04 PM   #4213
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
ahem
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
^^ omg was totally thinking the same
Me too.

She seems to be in a very good mood lately. I like these questions, more interesting than usual.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM   #4214
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Lol I can't recall witch photo set it was.... maybe the ones when she's getting ready for the fake short hair shoot and after it. She's got an iPhone.
Yup it's the one where it looks like they just finished curling her hair.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM   #4215
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

if Sharapova have twitter i will reply every single thing she tweet *annoying follower*

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread