Eva Asderaki - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1066
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of
Re: Eva Asderaki

my 2 cents:

if this was hindrance from razzano, sharapova and azarenka must be disqualified in every match they play...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1067
country flag LoveAll

LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice

I'm new to writing obviously as this is my first post but I do read a lot (seems like everyone on this thread recently although I am a guy, more pictures Vassia54!)

What happened to Eva???
Ever since that incident with Serena she's not been the same the on the chair. Some days she is as good as she was and other days its like her common sense and rapport with the players is missing and she is not focused on the chair, I think today was like that.
Perhaps its just all the stuff going on in Greece! that can't help even if you travel a lot!
I hope that she has a few good matches at RG12 perhaps a GS Final but it seems more unlikely with incidents during her matches, but hopefully no more booing like today!
LoveAll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #1068
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Finally watched. She did nothing wrong. French crowd are vultures looking for weak prey and Eva is not that.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #1069
country flag LoveAll

LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice LoveAll is just really nice

I think its difficult, even if she was completely in the right by the rulebook (same like the Serena one I think) officiating in all sports needs common sense, the best referees go unnoticed in my opinion and Eva used to be like that apart from being the prettiest of them all!
I think that one of the tweets was spot on @evasponytail, get her out there in a bikini doing men's matches! (I added the men's matches bit as they are better to watch)
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #1070
country flag LoveAll

Just read that from Serena;
"She's not a favourite amongst the tour," Williams said afterwards when asked about Asderaki. "I just really had a flashback there."
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #1071
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
That's why the point was replayed on the first one, because it was the exact moment the pain/injury/whatever occurred. Out of her control.

Asderaki asked her if she needed the trainer, she said no, warned her if it happened again it'd be a point penalty. Happened twice, boom.

There is literally nothing here outside the letter of the rules.
Trying to explain ANYTHING to the blockheads in GM is like pulling teeth.
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1072
country flag LoveAll

I think the problem here is people not applying common sense, Eva used the rule incorrectly before the serena incident with Serena vs Kuzzy somewhere but even though she was most definitely wrong that time both players laughed and the game was not interrupted or spoiled and she made no headlines. That's the difference between when Eva was a deserved gold badge as opposed to now where everyone thinks that it's fine to hide behind a rule book. She is mostly right but she was a better umpire before with mistakes that were applied with common sense.
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1073
country flag fizah_91

fizah_91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eva did a gud job yesterday....shes being fair enough to both players... i mean,she's d umpire, of cos she knows n fully understand all d rules n it was d same to the players...it just that,in a tense conditions like ysterday match,d players are seem to ignore d rules n keep blaming d umpires,linesman n even d ballboy kid....eva was great enough in handling those situations n not being influenced by d rude crowd n keeping her professionalism under such tense condition....go EVA!!
fizah_91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM   #1074
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

two more eva's photos from French Open

vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:52 PM   #1075
country flag Ahoi

Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice

Thanks Vassia!
Nice quiet match for Eva today (Arvidsson-Shvedova).
Ahoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1076
country flag LoveAll

Photos, thats what we want not discussions!!!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1077
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light

Eva has Juan Monaco's match yesterday - wondering what match she has today. Maybe Azarenka?

Mariana did Radwanska v Kuzzy
Vrhovec is doing Petrova

Seems as if consensus is that Eva got it right with Razzano v Williams. The Presnident of FFT should be ashamed of himself for booing an official who was putting the rules into practice. Just shows you - you can have a classy title but it does not make you a classy person.

Emabrrassing how many French officials are getting on the showcourts and only a handful are gold standard. Those being Nuni, Joseph, Dumucois and Pascal
footygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1078
country flag LoveAll

I think that its a good thing that other umpires are given a chance, the top ones are clearly lacking in common sense in more recent times. However I guess its unfair if its just French ones!
What is the consensus? who is this based on? are you also an umpire at the French? or did you mean this Forum?
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM   #1079
country flag Jane Lane

Can you just stop talking about it? It's over. The letter of the rules was correct. Things happen. And I swear, if you say the phrase "lacking in common sense" again, we're going to have an issue.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1080
country flag Ahoi

Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
Can you just stop talking about it? It's over. The letter of the rules was correct. Things happen. And I swear, if you say the phrase "lacking in common sense" again, we're going to have an issue.
Ahoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote