Adrijana Lekaj - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #1
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Adrijana Lekaj

This girl just beat Anett Kontaveit 57 63 60
She has a bright future. Next round she has an italian wildcard

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #2
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adrijana Lekaj

I wanted to open thread about her for longer time since she is from same town like me.
I guess now it was appropriate.
I knew she was good when she beat Konjuh in SF of Croatian Championships.

Anyway another win for her:
(Q)Adrijana Lekaj (CRO) d. (wc)Giulia Pairone (ITA) 36 61 63
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
She has a real shot at the final if she can past Akvile/Jang (which she should do) and then one of the unseeded players.
Good luck for dubs with Ana

EDIT: She will now play Lithuanian Akvile Parazinskaite and after that has either Siniakova or Blanco

Last edited by chingching : May 24th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #4
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quarterfinal

Katerina Siniakova (CZE) d. Daria Salnikova (RUS) 67(5) 60 75
(Q)Adrijana Lekaj (CRO) d. (Q)Akvile Parazinskaite (LTU) 62 62

(Q)Antonia Lottner (GER) d. Oleksandra Korashvili (UKR) 52 Ret.
(2)Elizaveta Kulichkova (RUS) d. (7)Sachia Vickery (USA) 64 36 62
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #5
country flag chingching

Well done Adrijana!!!! Hopefully she can make the final. It would be funny if she played Antonia Lottner, Qualifier vs Qualifier :lol
She has a wonderful chance here to get a GA title!!!!!

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #6
country flag chingching

Sadly Adrijana lost 76 (9) 62. Shame she couldn't take the first.
Anyway, it was still a great tournament for her and must give her confidence going into Wimbledon.
Something we forgot to mention is that she is actually in the doubles final with Ana Konjuh. They are up against Vickery and Abanda, the time I picked to win from the beginning. Best of luck

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #7
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think she is making the Wimbledon Q draw
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #8
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Don't think she is making the Wimbledon Q draw
I know that the list is already out but if for example she was ranked number 1 (I know it won't happen) going into wimbledon even if she didn't make the qualies, can't they give her a SE or something?

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #9
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

An SE is a special entry given when a player on the Q list goes so deep in the tournament the week before that she can't play Q . The only way she can get in is a WC and there's about a 0% chance of that happening.
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #10
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
An SE is a special entry given when a player on the Q list goes so deep in the tournament the week before that she can't play Q . The only way she can get in is a WC and there's about a 0% chance of that happening.
Lets hope for US Open then
I think its a bit slack that the wimbledon entry is out before the first big tournment on clay

Old May 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #11
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Lost the final, unfortunately. But with the points earned here Adrijana will climb more than 50 places in the ranking, joining top 70.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #12
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Lost the final, unfortunately. But with the points earned here Adrijana will climb more than 50 places in the ranking, joining top 70.
Thats great
Vickery and Abanda are very good powerful players. Although I thought her and Ana would match the, but anyway. A finals still great. I am slightly shocked/disappointed by her loss to Siniakova

Last edited by chingching : Jun 27th, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #13
country flag chingching

Adrijana is in the semi's of G1 Offenbach in Germany
Next round she faces New Zealander Emily Fanning
Hopefully a final against Ana
She beat Ana in the Croatian Championships apparently

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #14
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Great result for Adrijana. With it she'll move up to ~55 next week, a CH ranking (she's currently 68 and her CH is 66).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #15
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Where has this girl been until now? She's almost 17 already. Late bloomer, perhaps
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote