Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #646
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I love how they both knew it was a terrible match

Maria looked really happy about this win, and I hope she can bring this confidence, and the game she has shown in most of her matches over this clay season to Roland Garros.
Those bad matches will always be there, but as long as she can win them
Maria said many times in the interviews that there wasn't really a winner and a loser in this match, I can imagine she said something similar to Na at the net.
I need to find a video to see the handshake again, I was too happy and I lost the moment.
BTW, I was watching a replay of the match on ES some minutes ago and I saw that drive volley that Masha put on the netcord while they were 6-5, I think if I saw that live I would have died.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #647
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Great season so far
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #648
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute

Guys if you wanna make/have made graphics and such for the championship thread that would be nice. I can't do that though, don't have the skills . Replaced the Strasbourg one and added Rome.
Official Masseur of the Jelena Clinic
Djokovic, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Baghdatis, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #649
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post

again,not surprising, though! clay has turned out to be one of her better surfaces these days
And don't forget Rome 2012! Pova wins on the Mud In Rain surface, too.

Not that the conditions effected the ability to play perfect tennis in any way as GM posters seem to believe.

Some posters asked if the Men's final would be played. I thought that question was hilarious; I can't imagine those weenies playing when they might get wet, I mean, for christ's sake, they might melt.

And speaking of weenies, a large majority of the GM posters being negative about the match and Pova and Li seem to be among the Massive supporters of the tournament's players with Weenie Envy, that is, withdrew because they might have an injury that could, under extreme circumstances, develop into something serious or perhaps cause another problem that might be serious and put their performance at more glamerous future tournaments in peril.

What should we call these Glory Hounds with Weenie Envy Syndrome? Their fans are certain that they would have won the title had they been able to play in it. A curious assertion in view that their faves were so extremely injured!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #650
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

YAY YAY YAY I dont care how horrible with the match was. This was all about getting the W and Masha showed all her fight and grit to get the win. Well done Masha
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #651
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
BTW, I was watching a replay of the match on ES some minutes ago and I saw that drive volley that Masha put on the netcord while they were 6-5, I think if I saw that live I would have died.
I probably scared my neighbours when that happened, had to spill my anger by yelling into the tv.
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #652
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Some posters asked if the Men's final would be played. I thought that question was hilarious; I can't imagine those weenies playing when they might get wet, I mean, for christ's sake, they might melt.

Yeah... I remember the Roger Rafa IW SF. It was similar to this final in Rome, only a bit more windy and cold. And Rafa couldn't stop complaining. WTA won over ATP today. They are way more drama queens than all the drama queens on WTA together. All credits to Maria and Li Na for playing in the muddy arena and not complaining too much.
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #653
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #654
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

It does feel great doesn't it? Maria is having such a great year. Last year it felt a bit bittersweet, especially that Wimbledon run to the final. She played bad and had no memorable victories. But this year it all feels so legit and great and you can see what it's doing to her confidence in drive. She LOVES the challenge and that's what elevates her tennis and fighting spirit.

Hoping for a wonderful run at the French Open. Unless Serena is in her half, she MUST carry all this momentum, remember who she beat this year and make it all the way to the final.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #655
country flag MM_1257

Last year's Rome was sweet to me, too...
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM   #656
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
just went through the Live Scoring thread on GM once again...loving how presse-T these hoes get over the QUEEN

notice how you see these posts are from the same posters over and over again
Maria on their mind, every day. Watcha gonna do?
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM   #657
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Maria on their mind, every day. Watcha gonna do?
The Queen on their mind! Obsession!

and i like how you and karmapolice use those God-ele gifs to respond to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:59 AM   #658
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

They're just jealous because their faves fucking suck.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #659
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Congrats on a great week Maria (Bar the shitty play in the final ) A successful title defense, a 5th title on clay and title No. 26, what more could we ask for as fans

Sooooo much credit to Masha, didn't think she could turn it around at 4-6, 0-4 and even when she started the comeback in set 2 I feared it would just be another of her mini comebacks but I'm sooooooooo glad she proved me wrong. Never doubt this woman

On to the French now, please carry this momentum

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:33 AM   #660
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Both Li and Pova played quite well in the Final. Pova's serve went on walk-about in the conditions but that's only to be expected.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote