2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #196
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
[*]So during the Baylor match, there was this college-aged girl, totally decked out in neon Baylor attire and cheering incessantly for Baylor. No one seemed to like her very much, but she was shouting things like "SO much sic 'em out there, D, it's UNBELIEVABLE." It doesn't sound bad written down, but the way she was screaming nonstop and the volume were just so grating. The USC men's team, who were watching, actually started making fun of her and mocking her, which got her to move to the other side of the courts, at least. I figured she was a bench player for Baylor or something, but when they lost, I let it go, because I thought I'd never see her again. Oh, how I was wrong. I sat down to watch the end of the UNC/Miami doubles point, and there she was, standing alone in front of the Miami cheering section dressed in a Miami sweatsuit. I thought it was her, and then her cheers gave it away, and I was really confused as to why she would be cheering so hard for two different teams. I sat down to watch the singles, and Lauren McHale was sitting right in front of me. When there were only two matches left on court, this girl goes and stands alone behind Shinann and starts cheering against her. The UNC coach started to complain, and someone asked Lauren who this girl was. She explained that she's the manager of the Baylor team, who hates the UNC team with a passion for reasons unexplained, and she asked for Miami clothes from the team so she could cheer for them. She would say things like "Is that a little bit of rain? Do I feel a little wind? Seems like a HURRICANE is coming!" Or when Shinann would make an error "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it." She was horrible, and the UNC fans, who were very respectful, were annoyed at her. I can only hope she's on the bus back to Waco before the next Miami match.
Men's or Women's?

Coaches/Support Staff

Joey Scrivano - Head Coach
Alison Ojeda - Assistant Coach
John Faribault - Volunteer Assistant Coach
Jelena Stanivuk - Student Assistant

She can't be Stanivuk, right?

Where's the announcer for the BU team? What was his username again? Won't you defend her?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #197
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
and why is there no Amal posting? Was she offended by someone's misspelling Amal'gate'?
I've been a little busy.

To the comments about rigged draws for ESPN: ESPN pulled their contract this year. The finals won't be televised by ESPNU.

Lastly, I died reading Tucker's comments about Pamela Will. She's absurd. She is probably the most infamous "creature" (and a creature she is) in college tennis.

Last edited by Amalgamate : May 19th, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #198
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I've been a little busy.

To the comments about rigged draws for ESPN: ESPN pulled their contract this year. The finals won't be televised by ESPNU.
How was your day?

Can you confirm on tucker's report about the BU manager girl?

You must be really delighted that you're #1 right now for the FITD competition

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #199
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
How was your day?

Can you confirm on tucker's report about the BU manager girl?

You must be really delighted that you're #1 right now for the FITD competition
I can confirm reports about this BU girl I had a teammate report something similar to Tucker. I don't know who she is though.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #200
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few comments from today and answering a few questions, not much to say, because the women obviously didn't play.
  • Fantic, I tried to track down the Baylor manager's name and/or picture, but I couldn't find it anywhere. She was around at the men's match today, but she was, thankfully, a little more tame, still extremely shrill, though. It definitely isn't Jelena. I saw her too, and she was very respectful and professional. Honestly, the other Baylor people seemed to be kind of embarrassed by this chick.
  • It's really interesting to see which girls hang out with each other on each team, which ones support the men's teams, and who just seems to enjoy watching tennis. On Florida, it's really obvious that Embree and Mather are BFFs, as they are practically inseparable, and Janowicz, Cercone, and Oyen seem to hang with them. If Allie is around, she's usually with Pam or alone, although she was sitting with Caroline a little today, as well as Bob, on the men's team. All of the Stanford girls seem to like each other and were cheering on the men today, except Mallory, who I didn't see all day. I wouldn't be surprised if she was even doing schoolwork, as Stanford still has a month left, and Nicole even brought her laptop to the match. During the Stanford/Kentucky men's match, basically all the Stanford girls and all the Florida girls were there cheering for opposite teams, and I definitely caught a glare or two from Florida towards Stanford. Aeriel Ellis is everywhere watching matches, and she seems like a really nice girl, says hi to everyone. Yesterday, the Northwestern girls were watching a lot of the matches, as were the Michigan girls today, and it was cute to see Nida Hamilton cheering on Hanna Mar, her former HS teammate.
  • Foot injury update: Lauren McHale was walking around in a boot today, which seems like a bad sign with the individual tournaments on the horizon. On the other hand, Kristie Ahn was sporting tape around her ankle/foot when I saw her this morning, but by the time I saw her at the men's match, she was totally tape free. I bet she plays tomorrow.
  • The best nicknames I've heard have to be "Peaches" for Gina Suarez from UNC and "Chili" for Xi from UVA, don't know the significance of either one.
  • Lots of former players walking around: Andrea Remynse (UCLA), Kristi Miller (Georgia Tech), Natalie Frazier, the Hyndman sisters, Naoko Ueshima, Cameron Ellis (UGA), Georgia Rose (Northwestern)
  • Looking forward to tomorrow's matches. I think all of them will be good, with the exception of Miami/Florida, which I expect to be routine. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for other stories for you guys, and let me know by noon if you want me to look out for anything in particular.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #201
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
On Florida, it's really obvious that Embree and Mather are BFFs, as they are practically inseparable, and Janowicz, Cercone, and Oyen seem to hang with them. If Allie is around, she's usually with Pam or alone, although she was sitting with Caroline a little today, as well as Bob, on the men's team.
Definitely hit the Florida clique spot on. Embree and Mathers are "biffyyyysss" as Lauren would say. Janowicz/Cercone/Oyen are friends. Allie and Pam are a group. And Caroline is annoying as hell. Allie and Bob are friends from Evert's and Solomon's.

Quote:
Foot injury update: Lauren McHale was walking around in a boot today, which seems like a bad sign with the individual tournaments on the horizon.
I'd try to not read too much into this. Gina has been a boot before and after her matches lately but has still played fine.

Quote:
"Chili" for Xi from UVA
Comes from the fact that "Xi" is pronounced "Chi" and so when her name is written Xi Li it sounds like "Chilli. "
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #202
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
hahah mboyle! I Friend requested on there (Sam P)
Whoops. Generally I reject facebook invites from people I don't know. You can re-add me if you would like!
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #203
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Meh. I think we'll lose to Georgia today. I just have a feeling.
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #204
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Lauren's been sporting a boot since I think right before ACCs. When she isn't playing, she's in the boot I believe.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #205
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Baylor fan was just as annoying last year. That voice---the off the wall--what did that mean cheering!
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote