** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4156
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

"Azarenka last year had more retirements that anyone but played full schedule and after 2 days retirement you would see her practicing"
joćo. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4157
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Friday, 18 May, 2012

An interview with: Maria Sharapova

Q: Compliments for your winning. Are you satisfied with your level at the moment on clay?
Sharapova :
Yes I am very happy with the way I played today. I haven't played Venus in a long time and in the last few times I played with her I lost but is obviously good to be in the Semi finals here and this point in every match is very tough.

Q: We've had some impressive results this year. Consistency. Can you talk a little about how you manage your schedule and how you manage to organise your schedule with the big tournaments ……….
Sharapova :
I have had a similar schedule since I got on tour and I worked … I am never a player that has played more than 16 or 17 tournaments a year…… whether because I wasn't healthy or because its because it is about being healthy or not It isn't the quantity but the quality and so if you need to do a tournament just to get the points…. I didn't change my calendar and I kept to the same.

Q: Maria what did think of Venus and do you think she will be able to get to the top again,
Sharapova:
No doubt. Its good to see a player like her back and playing and being healthy and she is a great player and competitive and you have to be ready for that … no matter how long she has been out of the game and so …. she is experienced enough to know what she needs to come back.

Q: How is important is it to defend this title considering how well you are doing on clay this season.
Sharapova :
It its always nice to come back to where you have good memories and where I played and beat some good players last year and good results on clay and it was a big win,,,,,, the memories come back again …….. Yes, I would like to win again. How about complimentary Pina Coladas for the broken air conditioning in here.

Q: Can we talk about your potential opponents, Petra and Kerber…..
Sharapova :
Both lefties so you are going to get that. I had a good match against Petra in Stuttgard and another in Australia(?) and lost to Kerber in Paris so if I play against her then it will be good to get a rematch but on clay it is always a bit oof a challenge with their spin – but it is a semi and so who gets there it playing good tennis.

Q: Azarenka yesterday said earlier on Twitter that players should have more right because she complained about WTA rules that impose the players to play in a tournament they .. she retired yesterday about her shoulder injury and what do you think about that? Are you with her.
Sharapova :
First of all she is probably injured more than any other player and to be number 1 in the world and be able to play a full schedule. I think last year she had more retirements that anyone but played a full schedule and after 2 days retirement you would see her practicing and so its tough to know what her state is and what she is feeling. Personally, if I am injured however big or small the fine is, the body is no support for me and if this is the tournament where you have to participate or get zero points but to be honest I don't really care about that because but for me the health is the most important thing….if I am healthy then I can go on court and beat someone and not go and save whatever money and I pay the fine. We have a new system of new rules and mandatory tournaments and its very successful because all the top players attend and the TV and the public covers you and the fan are there is no reason whey thus style doesn't work. Sometimes all the top players are not there because some players get injured but sometimes you have to pay a little out of your pocket and not play or you do a little more media for the tournament but if you are not healthy then you are not going to play.
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4158
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Good that Maria is getting out her shell more and more, signs of maturity and confidence.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4159
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

the epic shade on Extremely Injured

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #4160
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha the extremely injured comment makes so much sense now. Masha Hates
Her.
Lol remember when Vika used to be her only friend?
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #4161
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Her.
I think it's more about a lack of respect Maria has for Vika as a fellow tennis player and athlete. She clearly doesn't like Vika's em... "delicate" nature. This is the third dig she's made about Vika with regards to this aspect ("Is her last name Jankovic?").

The fact is you'd never have seen Vika's drama queen antics- withdrawing frequently,retiring with a broken finger nail etc. from players like Maria, the Williamses, Henin etc. If you're fit you go out on court, you play and finish the match. If you're not, you withdraw as soon as you're aware of a particular injury. Remember Vika's retirement against Maria last year in Rome with her in tears.... Only for her to go and make the quarters at the French a couple of weeks later. Vika needs to toughen up (and also mature, her twitter tantrum was equally pathetic).
T496 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4162
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Her.
Maria can always count on Vesnina as her go-to BFF on tour.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #4163
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria can always count on Vesnina as her go-to BFF on tour.
Yup. And lately a couple others have joined.
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4164
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Her.
She did?
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #4165
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
She did?
Yeah before Vika became good. I think it was early 2010 they were practicing together
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #4166
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

It is nice to read Maria's interview. She says it like it is. And once again she is right. People will say she is a bitch, I'll say that is why she has her 90 million dollars net worth and you don't

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4167
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Finally Maria . Say it as it is gurl .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4168
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Very well put, Maria. That is exactly how I felt when I read her moan on twitter. Her health should be more important than losing her ranking. She was more concerned about Maria overtaking her so let's wait and see who will be no.1 by the end of the year. I highly doubt it will be Vika. I don't think Maria hates her. She is just telling the truth about someone who moans a lot and blames others for her misfortunes. I think the wta needs a role model like Maria. So sensible, mature, classy and plays some mind blowing tennis.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4169
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I had no idea that she moaned on twitter. I thought it was on some interview... Now - like this it is even more ridiculous... If she has something to say, she should say it officially. This reminds me of the Rafa Drama Queen issue with the 2-yr rankings...
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #4170
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread