Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #151
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

first match on real clay - good effort. mchale was getting back everything!!!
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #152
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Congrats for the win today Maria
But please play better in the next rounds
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #153
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

It was good enough for the win, that's what's important.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #154
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been asleep since last Thursday evening........did I miss much?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #155
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was so bad Thank God she won this mess of a match

This McFail is really annoying, moving extremely well, getting everything back.

Clay outdoors is really hard work for Maria. Her footwork/movement was horrible

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #156
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win indeed.
Maria was bad obviously but McHale was also very good, getting everything back and going for winners too.
It's R2, she could have had an easier opponent and she'd have won in easy sets most likely.
Having said that, I think she really needs to improve for her next match. Ana (probably) can be more difficult.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #157
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all

keep going, girl!!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #158
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy that she got the job done in 2.

But she started off much better last year. Hopefully she improves now on.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #159
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

No surprise at all that this was a toughie... Christina is legit and is our next big hope here in the women's game. I fully expect her to be in the top 10 within the next two years.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #160
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post
Happy that she got the job done in 2.

But she started off much better last year. Hopefully she improves now on.
Maria wasn't happy when she closed the match, back to hard training on off day tomorrow.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #161
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

I don't want Maria to win Rome. The Rome curse
(Winner of Rome never won RG)

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #162
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
I don't want Maria to win Rome. The Rome curse
(Winner of Rome never won RG)
Before this year winner of Sydney also never won AO in the same year. There is never a "curse". It's the form and game that matter. Vika's performance in Sydney and AO is a good example.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov

Last edited by Cherry. : May 16th, 2012 at 06:30 AM.
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #163
country flag Sha_ra_po_va

Sha_ra_po_va has disabled reputation

well I know for a fact that in 1987 Steffi Graf won Rome, then RG a few weeks later, so...no curse!
(Interestingly, 25 years ago.....significant?)
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #164
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

patterns and curses became irrelevant after Masha lost the 2010 French Open
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #165
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
Before this year winner of Sydney also never won AO in the same year. There is never a "curse". It's the form and game that matter. Vika's performance in Sydney and AO is a good example.
Didn't Henin do it in 2004?
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote