Ana Konjuh - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #181
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ana Konjuh

Ana KONJUH (CRO) / Riko SAWAYANAGI (JPN) 6-3 6-1 Marie-Ambroisine FAURE (FRA) / Corina JAEGER (SUI)

Nevertheless she is still alive in doubles, she and her Japanese partner made through to QF and those 5 new points will bring her new CH next week
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #182
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Oh, that's bad
What is she playing next?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #183
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Oh, that's bad
What is she playing next?
I don't know...I think it's time for her to take a rest for a week or two...but not just yet, she is still in doubles competition...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #184
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Dominika PATEROVA (CZE) 7-5 6-7(1) 6-1 Ana KONJUH (CRO)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Ana entered the top 100 for the first time in her career!!!She is #97 on the new junior ranking list with just 14 years and 3 months (Donna Vekic entered the top 100 when she was 14 and a half) so that is very good result from Ana.

In just 8 months from no ranking at all, Ana managed to enter top 100.She played her first junior tournament in August last year and she is not defending no points till August this year.

Sad, disappointing and unexpected loss today but overall very impressive from Ana

Ana, with only 14 events played, is now fifth among girls born after 1996. She's behind Abanda (13 events), Bencic (20), Kudermetova (17) and Ostapenko (22).
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #185
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

It's really too bad that Ana lost because her half of the draw is wide open: three of the four seeds lost in the first round
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #186
country flag CroatiaNumber1

CroatiaNumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point

still hope to win some points in doubles...that count too
CroatiaNumber1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #187
country flag networthy

Ana got some revenge for her loss to Paterova: in the doubles QF, she and Sawayanagi beat Paterova/Vajdova, who were seeded #3.

Unfortunately, they withdrew from their SF match. It's almost certainly due to Sawayanagi, who earlier retired from her singles QF match.

The meager ranking points won this week (7.5) might still allow Ana to break into the top 90 next week.

Better luck at your next tournament, Ana!
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #188
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute

A video from Florence finals, doesn't show very much but is Ana is interviewed from around :50-2:00.

juki is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #189
country flag networthy

Ana is in the MD of next week's G1 in Italy. In R1 she plays a Q. The winner gets the #16 seed, Benoit.

Good luck, Ana--pick up some points!
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #190
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

She should get to round 3 at least then
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #191
country flag CroatiaNumber1

CroatiaNumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point

she must go step by step
CroatiaNumber1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #192
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

won first round yesterday and today beat 16th seed.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #193
country flag networthy

^ Excellent result from Ana. She beat the world #83, who is almost three years older, without too much trouble: 63 63
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #194
country flag Dan_Doe

1st Round
Ana KONJUH (CRO) 6-3 6-1 Sara CASTELLANO (ITA)

2nd Round
Ana KONJUH (CRO) 6-3 6-3 Marie BENOIT (BEL) [16]

Clear wins Next is Storm Sanders, hard match-up. More than 3 years older and defeated Maria Deheza on clay
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #195
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
1st RoundNext is Storm Sanders, hard match-up. More than 3 years older and defeated Maria Deheza on clay

Good news: Ana demolished Sanders, 3 and 1

Ana is by far the youngest player in the QF

Next up is Csoregi (#34, CH #13)

Good luck, Ana!

Last edited by networthy : May 16th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
Closed Thread