** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #4126
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

wow, would have never thought she would say something like this about serena's serve...this is probably the first time she ever talked about the way serena brought her A game up in their match up, in a slightly shady way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #4127
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSV View Post
I knew it!! I am glad this interviewer asked her about the wedding. I knew it wasn't confirmed by the couple concerned. How did the media come up with the date when Maria herself doesn't even know?
Some random Russian tabloid site made up an article, and then a Turkish news site picked up the story. Then a bunch of tennis blogs started talking about it.
People still believed it even after Maria herself said its not true.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #4128
country flag graffite

graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Some random Russian tabloid site made up an article, and then a Turkish news site picked up the story. Then a bunch of tennis blogs started talking about it.
People still believed it even after Maria herself said its not true.
Well, technically, she hasn't denied it yet outright, although I don't see how she can have time in the Olympic year. I liked how deftly she avoided the "who will you invite" part. Maybe she is trying to create some mystery about the dress ala Princess Catherine's wedding.

Do you guys think she will have a big bash or a small private affair where the media will know after the fact, for her wedding?

Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur, Jamie Hampton, Sofia Arvidsson, Mona Barthel, Julia Georges, Ana Ivanovic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Camila Giorgi.
Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva
graffite is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #4129
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Ok! Magazine 2000 Page Spread Pleeeeease.
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #4130
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffite View Post
Well, technically, she hasn't denied it yet outright, although I don't see how she can have time in the Olympic year. I liked how deftly she avoided the "who will you invite" part. Maybe she is trying to create some mystery about the dress ala Princess Catherine's wedding.

Do you guys think she will have a big bash or a small private affair where the media will know after the fact, for her wedding?
I don't think it will be a huge bash. But I do think she might let the media know about the date before it happens.
Does anyone want to crash the wedding with me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Ok! Magazine 2000 Page Spread Pleeeeease.
Oh yeah!!! It better have every detail and plenty of pictures.
But really I hope we get to see a couple pictures. She's gonna look so gorgeous.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #4131
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

One has to love Maria and all the shades she threw in that interview!
About the wedding, I do not know, maybe she did not want to confirm it to them, because it is not their business, maybe it really is not planned for this year... One cannot be sure.
About Serena... The first part of the answer was epic.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #4132
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Cronin just published a great article on Michael Joyce's relationship with Maria, and a little bit to do with Wozniacki, but a lot of interesting things relevant to Maria. It seems like their relationship is still pretty good. Maria was "brought to tears" when they split, but Mike was the one who told her she should find a new coach. He's still helping her, it seems, and they went to Disneyland together after Miami loss. He said "You think she would have been pissed off because she lost to Radwanska but she seemed relaxed again. And this time it was like she was back to being the old, normal Maria".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-and-wozniacki

Quote:
Some folks who watched Caroline Wozniacki coax Maria Sharapova into a slew of unforced errors in victory at the 2010 US Open might have thought that a year and half later, the Dane would be a serious Grand Slam contender and that the Russian would still be struggling with the effects of her shoulder surgery.

But that is not the case today, as the 25-year-old Sharapova has put together a an impressive, consistent year, while Wozniacki, even though she continues to try and hang tough, hasn’t not won a tournament since last August and has fallen to No. 6 in the rankings.

One man who observed their U.S. Open clash and the vast majority of No. 2 Sharapova’s career is Michael Joyce, who coached through thick and thin and has known her since she was 11. The two remain close friends, but Swede Thomas Hogstedt is now coaching Sharapova.

After he and Sharapova decided to part ways at the start of 2011, Joyce could have taken a job with another top pro but wanted to see if he could take another from the ground up. He was part of almost every major success in Sharapova’s career and is still very much a part of her life as the two chat frequently.

Recently, after Sharapova fell to Agnieszka Radwanska in the final of Miami, the two went to Disneyland. While they didn’t talk much tennis, he noticed that for the first time in a while, she seemed very happy and relaxed.

Two weeks later, she would win her first title of the season, taking out Victoria Azarenka on indoor red clay in Stuttgart, which was a crystal mental step for her given that the No. 1 had buried her in the Australian Open and Indian Wells final.

“For the past couple of years she’s been a little on edge and almost confrontational about things that have nothing to so with tennis," Joyce told Bleacher Report. “And this time it was like she was back to being the old, normal Maria. You think she would have been pissed off because she lost to Radwanska but she seemed relaxed again.”

Sharapova and Joyce’s spilt at the start of 2011 was very emotional and one that brought her to tears. But Joyce himself thought that their coaching-pupil relationship might have been getting a little stale, so he told her that she should give it a go with Hogstedt, who had had success coaching China's Li Na.

However, last spring, when she could not find her form and had gone though a bad stretch, Joyce reminded Sharapova what type of player she should be—one who should always move forward because at 6'2" and without the balance of a ballerina, she simply cannot win matches against the other elite players running sideline to sideline. He also told her that it was time for her to retake control of her life.

“I remember when she won the [2006] US Open against [Justine] Henin she won 24 of 25 points coming in,” he said. “We know she’s never going to be a great [standard] volleyer, but she can hit a great swing volley. It’s not about volleying, it’s about moving forward and taking care of the short balls.

"I told her you are a champion because of you. And you’ve had help along the way, but I’ve seen you win 25 tournaments and in 23 of those there was a match you could have lost and won anyway.

"Now every time something tough happens, like you double fault a couple times, it becomes such a big deal. If you think someone like Jimmy Connors [whom Sharapova worked with a little] Hogstedt or me again is going to come in and bring back that toughness you once had, it’s not going to happen.

"I told her you can quit tennis now and be fine, or keep playing and you can be ranked No. 15 and try to be happy with that, or you can suck it up, stop looking at people for answers and take some responsibility for yourself.”

Joyce is now coaching U.S. up-and-comer Jessie Pegula, the 18-year-old daughter of Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula, who under his watch has halved her ranking in the past year.

When Joyce started with Pegula, he liked how she struck the ball, but saw that she had not been taught point construction, was not sure what defined a successful game style given her ability, needed to get in better shape, and noticed that because had been playing up as a junior in higher age groups, she hadn’t been able to win an enough titles, which is important for any player's mental well being.

He thinks that in the next couple of years Pegula could make a breakthrough, but it’s still a learning process for both of them. The coach has to commit to learning about the player, and the player has to learn to trust her instructor.

“That why I laugh at players who change coaches all the time, because it take a while to get to know somebody,” Joyce said. "We as men have a enough trouble figuring out women in general, let alone when they are playing a sport like tennis.”

Even though Joyce now spends much of his days traveling to smaller tournaments, he still keeps a close eye on the top ranks of the WTA . While he’s impressed by younger generation players such Azarenka and Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, he is not by former No. 1 Wozniacki, the 21-year-old has not won a big tournament in more than year.

“She's the one I’m most disappointed in,” Joyce said “I tell you what’s killing her—everyone talks about her needing to be more aggressive, but it’s not that, it’s she has to get more weight on her ball like she had a couple of years ago. She can’t break an egg with her forehand.

"When she was doing well, even when she played Maria at U.S. Open, she was serving well, at a high percentage and her forehand was really heavy so the girls couldn’t attack her, and then she could attack with her backhand.

"Her forehand is a joke. It’s not penetrating at all. It’s like the Andy Roddick syndrome. She used to use a Babolat racket and then switched to Yonex, which is not very powerful. There’s nothing on her ball and that’s going to hurt her against Maria, Kvitova, or even a Marion Bartoli.”

Joyce also points out something obvious that’s important with Wozniacki, whose base if that of a relentless counterpuncher. In order for her to be successful she needs to be mentally and physically at 100 percent or she is going to struggle.

Unlike, say, Serena Williams (who just beat Sharapova and Wozniacki in succession in Madrid), she cannot ace and service winner herself through match. And, while trying to regain an elite level and improve, she’s in danger of losing what got her there in the first place.

“Roddick is a good example of that,” he said. “He spent so much effort trying to beat Roger Federer that he became a worse player in general. Wozniacki might be confused, whether she should be aggressive or not.”

Wozniacki might have made a critical error at the start of this year. Finally, after months of vacillating, she and her father and coach Piotr brought in a new coach, the experienced Ricardo Sanchez. But then fired him after just two months on the job. Sanchez was not allowed to develop trust between the three, which Joyce sees as a mistake.

“Look at Maria and Hogstedt,” he said. “ She played bad for four months, then had decent results and still wasn’t playing that well, but maybe now she is playing better because it takes time.

"But if Caroline’s dad is the coach it might be [a] problem because you can’t go in there and really help her if her dad has the final word on everything. That’s going to be an issue.

"That’s one thing about Yuri [Sharapov] that people don’t realize is that Maria always had good coaches. Yuri liked to hear he was the coach in public, but he was letting me work with her all the time.

"You see Wozniacki’s dad running down on the court. Yuri never ran down on the court, Sometimes you would see him yelling down at Maria, but half the time he was telling her what I had told him to say.”

And what would Joyce tell Wozniacki if she asked?

The same thing he told Sharapova.

"Take more responsibility for herself because at the end of the day, no coach is going to matter when it’s 5-5 in the third set. That’s on you.”
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #4133
country flag lefty24

Aw I didn't know that Maria was having problems with her personal life. Im glad everything's better now though.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #4134
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

nice article ! thx Teerin!

I miss Michael though, but it's true that he couldn't help Maria better at that point and the change of coach, although as a fan it's heartbreaking to know how emotional the decision was for Maria, it is the right thing to do. Her career has changed a lot since then.

Much Respect to Mr. Joyce and Yuri for making such a great Champion for us fans to admire.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #4135
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Aw I didn't know that Maria was having problems with her personal life. Im glad everything's better now though.
strange for me she seems very happy with her personal life with sasha these years...
maybe he told about her schoulder

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #4136
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Can Sasha ever have as deep an emotional relationship as Joyce does with Maria? When someone walks away from the job of coaching Maria sharapova for her own good....that is impressive to me.
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4137
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Joyce's comparison of Wozniacki to Roddick is so precise. I used to think Wozniacki was sooo solid in the late 2010 but ever since she couldn't maintain the quality she once had. Realistically speaking, Wozniacki didn't improve a thing since 2011 and it's just getting worse because her fitness is beat by her tennis. And Joyce was spot on pointing out she was losing the elite status by doing what she's been doing. For her generation (Vika, Petra, ARad) she definitely achieved prematurely and her coach has not been able to maximise her potential and it's her fault.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #4138
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Can Sasha ever have as deep an emotional relationship as Joyce does with Maria? When someone walks away from the job of coaching Maria sharapova for her own good....that is impressive to me.
Sure. Likely even deeper. Sasha is the man Maria wants to spend the rest of her life with, afterall.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4139
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Sure. Likely even deeper. Sasha is the man Maria wants to spend the rest of her life with, afterall.
Well yeah...there is that(maybe)....but will she ever take him to Disneyland?

Wonder what rides they chose.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #4140
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

gotta love joyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread