** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 275 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #4111
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

love her attitude...she seems determined this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #4112
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
http://tennis.com/articles/templates...7523&zoneid=25

Sharapova: Blue clay just about creating buzz
Ticker - Saturday, May 5, 2012

Maria Sharapova weighs in on the blue courts in Madrid, as well as her current goals.

"We’ve played on red clay for so many years," she told reporters. "I find [the blue clay] different and some parts of court have more clay than others. They are trying to work the kinks out. There are so many things we players have to adjust to, and there are not a lot of things that are consistent. I’d like to see more consistency. I think [the blue clay] is a little more for spectators, TV and more for buzz than anything else. I think it’s more for show than for the players."

The world No. 2 also told Medio Tiempo that world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka has become her biggest rival (Sharapova upended the Belarussian in last week's Stuttgart final after losing to her in the Australian and Miami finals) and discussed both winning her fourth major and returning to the top of the rankings.

"Fortunately I had the opportunity to see how it feels before in those two situations," she said. "I would be very happy if I won more Grand Slams and became No. 1 again and now that I'm close to having that possibility, it’s one of my goals this year, but mostly it’s to play like a true No. 1."
Say it like it is, Luv It

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #4113
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
On twitter:

"Observations of the player lounge. Oracene reading a very thick book, Sveta & co chattering 20 to the dozen, Sharapova looking a bit lost."
Maybe she was indeed lost and found herself in the players lounge by accident.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #4114
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still hoping she will withdraw the event
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #4115
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova awarded the medal of order "For Services to the Fatherland" II degrees by decree of Russian President!

http://www.consultant.ru/online/base...e=EXP;n=529991
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #4116
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Sunday, 13 May, 2012

An interview with: Maria Sharapova

Q: Maria, Are you wanting to achieve what he did last year, the Final in Australia, the world number two. Does come from the confidence that you got playing here last year and winning last year?

Sharapova:
Yes, I think there is a very great memory and I think that this year ..[inaudible].. to come back in with my coach and I think everything is coming back together. I'm feeling much more comfortable … this time last year when I started picking up my confidence ..[inaudible].. and I was able to adjust to the new racquet and the new coach. It took a while to start feeling comfortable but I was able to find my ground and it was a good win here – it boosted my confidence – especially because I beat good clay court players.]..

Q: Would you say your victory in Stuttgart was like this one last year here?

Sharapova:
I don't like to compare – every tournament is different and I was a really good event there and..[inaudible]..it is always hard and tough when it is the first tournament of the season…… on clay …… you always need time to adjust and so it is good that here I have already played a few matches already on the surface. In Stuttgart I was feeling good from the beginning and ……..

Q: Considering how you used to play on clay at the beginning and now – would you say you fell as comformable on clay as you have ever felt?

Sharapova:
It's really tough to say –whey or playing on it 70% of the time but I am feeling physically fit and especially with one tough match after the other I am able to recover better It is important because when you play on clay then the season is short and you need to be physically ready – you often have 5 days in a row with 3 hr matches and so I have improved on recovering effectively and this has given me confidence and the experience that I have now has helped me to understand my own body better and I know how long it takes me to recover. I mean with grass – I really love playing on grass – and last year …..[inaudible]..

Q: If you could achieve a career Grand Slam – what would it feel to do that?

Sharapova:
Just winning one Grand Slam on its own is a great achievement. Obviously it would be great winning a career Grand Slam ….. that would be great. Grand Slams are always the tournament that we look forward to and want to win…. The French Open is a prestige tournament and its been going on for so long – but Grand Slams are always the most challenging.

Q: Maria – you never seem to be like a player who … but if you were up against Serena ……..

Sharapova:
I see some of her previous matches and then she plays with me and she produces 13 aces and I say – what about the other matches? I am flattered that she likes to do that against me. She is serving very well and playing a second serve aces also it is very tough on her for she goes for the lines but she return amazing and the small changes that I had I did not capitalise on --- its tough always to play catch up for me.

Q: Do you find that you try and change your play when you are against her?

Sharapova:
When you go into the match you think what you want to do and sometimes it would and sometimes it doesn’t, Clay court rallies are especially hard because they are long but obviously you have to believe that you are strong and that you have practised a lot to get to where you are ………..

Q: Did you find the blue clay to ..[Madrid].. be that bad as everybody says?

Sharapova:
When it is such a big event ……. the court is much more slippery and ……………… I don't have as much experience as they guys that play a lot on clay but I am sure that they are finding it uncomfortable also …..

Q: This year there will be another important event in your life – your wedding. How much time are you able to devote to organising it and which fellow players will you invite?

Sharapova:
If it is going to happen this year I hope to have the time to find the dress because I don't have one yet.
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #4117
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetusi View Post

Q: Maria – you never seem to be like a player who … but if you were up against Serena ……..

Sharapova: I see some of her previous matches and then she plays with me and she produces 13 aces and I say – what about the other matches? I am flattered that she likes to do that against me. She is serving very well and playing a second serve aces also it is very tough on her for she goes for the lines but she return amazing and the small changes that I had I did not capitalise on --- its tough always to play catch up for me.
thanking her spouse like no tomorrow

Quote:
Q: This year there will be another important event in your life – your wedding. How much time are you able to devote to organising it and which fellow players will you invite?

Sharapova: If it is going to happen this year I hope to have the time to find the dress because I don't have one yet.
OTOH her real soon-to-be husband is likely to have to wait until next year

Just Love Maria's interview, it's fun to read and quite frank.

Thanks Qetusi !

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4118
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sharapova:
I see some of her previous matches and then she plays with me and she produces 13 aces and I say – what about the other matches? I am flattered that she likes to do that against me. She is serving very well and playing a second serve aces also it is very tough on her for she goes for the lines but she return amazing and the small changes that I had I did not capitalise on --- its tough always to play catch up for me.
It's like Maria knows if her serve ain't that good it's not worth trying cause she will end up losing.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4119
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we got [inaudable]
So is this confirmation that her wedding isn't gonna be this year?
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4120
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

She knows it , she knows that Serena's serve is too much to handle for her. Even if she breaks her serve deep down she knows that she won't be able to hold her own service games .

I still think that the blue clay in Madrid played like grass and it didn't have the qualities that a real clay court has .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #4121
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sharapova:
Shadepova she thinks just like us
vozas is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #4122
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Maria is fully aware that Serena, playing like crap, miraculously brings her A game to this match-up, wherever and whenever they play. Mash is yet to bring hers though. (apart from Wimbledon 04 )
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #4123
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

See that's the thing she should know to bring it, the only way life will be brought to this rivalry is if the play more often. Rena is more than capable of playing GOAT once a year. She seems to be mending her part-timer ways though so it might happen. Its a shame the way this H2Hwent, both the one sided nature and the frequency of the matches. Its perhaps the greatest WTA rivalry that never happened
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4124
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

as a fan of both I actually agree with that James.

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #4125
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

I knew it!! I am glad this interviewer asked her about the wedding. I knew it wasn't confirmed by the couple concerned. How did the media come up with the date when Maria herself doesn't even know?
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread