Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay! - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #826
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay!

Nevertheless - Every time Masha is meeting Serena - we can expect a loss - Fortunately Serena is on the other half this time - but comes the FO - or Wimbledon - it could be different and they could meet in the semis for example - It's really frustrating to know that ONE player is superior to Masha
MashaFan01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #827
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Nevertheless - Every time Masha is meeting Serena - we can expect a loss - Fortunately Serena is on the other half this time - but comes the FO - or Wimbledon - it could be different and they could meet in the semis for example - It's really frustrating to know that ONE player is superior to Masha
Strange things happen once or twice in a blue moon, Maria of Stuttgart quality will always have a puncher's chance to beat Serena .
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #828
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Lots of chest thumping about Vika's massacre today. At 268 posts and increasing, I didn't find one sensible thing said! What really makes me sad is that I no longer have confidence that Pova fans would act any better. Some would, many even. But there are a whole hell of a lot of them who would post inappropriately.
True Words!!!

It's mostly the case with GM result threads these days...And also true about some maria fans! *looks at madmax, doomsday and abesky*

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #829
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Nope. I just can't agree. Especially now that Hogg really saw Pova play such a poor match. Next time up will be very different and not on the subpar courts at Madrid. Hogg will have her better prepared - I'll bet he has already talked with Yuri and Mike about it.

Pova will work hard on this because she will be blocked from achieving her goals until she plays competitively and can win. Otherwise she will hang it up and run off and get married.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #830
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pova will work hard on this because she will be blocked from achieving her goals until she plays competitively and can win. Otherwise she will hang it up and run off and get married.
This... She needs to feel like she's the best and is consistently challenging the best. Her being #2 and knowing that there's a player out there who will pummel her regardless of the ranking must be as bittersweet for her as for us fans.

Maria needs the serve to be ON against Serena. The focus of her gameplan should be on HOLDING her serve, not breaking Serena's. That works against everyone else on tour (hence Maria always choosing to receive when she wins the toss), not against Serena.

She needs to get to a tie-break with Serena and hold her nerve. She nearly did it in Wimbledon 2 years ago (that netted forehand was so painful ). She can do it again, because Serena is very close to the level she exhibited in that match and Maria is serving and moving MUCH better than before. It's 80% mental really.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #831
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

just said on twitter and I mean it. Hope Maria wins rome and I'll be rooting for her to do it.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #832
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

What annoyed me more than anything was the mental aspect. Even if she was being pummelled she should have screamed and bitchstared Serena til the last ball. Also they should have noted how serena constantly served out wide to the backhand despite Masha brainlessly moving to FH every time. Also Masha's kickers out wide will be much more effective on real clay but you serve down the T to Rena the majority of the time.
Agree that focus should be on holding, cus once the balls in play she has more than enough ammo to beat Rena. However she needs to be there mentally to do any of this.
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #833
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Lots of chest thumping about Vika's massacre today. At 268 posts and increasing, I didn't find one sensible thing said! What really makes me sad is that I no longer have confidence that Pova fans would act any better. Some would, many even. But there are a whole hell of a lot of them who would post inappropriately.

There is simply no doubt that Serenka is the most gifted athlete and ball striker ever to play women's tennis. Simply no doubt. But the way she has conducted herself on court and off over the years has been appalling. In spite of her considerable ball striking skills and all the titles she has won, I don't consider her a Champion. She has none of the special qualities associated in my mind with the word "Champion". She is an egomaniacal, nasty, mean-hearted, selfish narcissist lacking integrity and honesty. But she can certainly hit a tennis ball! That she does very well.
GM is not GM without all those nasty petty name-calling posts. I mean it's all well if it's light-hearted fun but some fans just take it to a ridiculous level.

Perseus, that's a little harsh on Serena? I'm quite sure she's a sweet and good-hearted lady off court, but she has her moments where she acted inappropriately too. I enjoy her sometimes but do think she goes a little too far occasionally. Maria however, is almost always perfect on court and off.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #834
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Perseus, that's a little harsh on Serena? I'm quite sure she's a sweet and good-hearted lady off court, but she has her moments where she acted inappropriately too. I enjoy her sometimes but do think she goes a little too far occasionally. Maria however, is almost always perfect on court and off.
I suppose it could be a little harsh. As a one-time massive supporter of Serenka, she has fallen to the lowest level of degradation in my estimation. I think it all started with the totally fabricated Racial Incident at Indian Wells, continued through all her no shows, suspect injuries, on court intimidation and abuse of opponents and umpires, off court denigration of opponents when she lost, character assasination of Dinara and the threatening of a linesperson at the USO. Now that I list some of the issues just off the top of my head, is it any wonder that I have absolutely no respect for her?

But she can hit a tennis ball!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #835
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

watching proper slow red clay in Rome already erased all the bad memories from Madrid slippery carpet for me...no wonder Maria never does well on that ridiculous surface - what's the point really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote