Anett Kontaveit - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #781
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I don't think he wants those posted outside the original thread He said it many times
He dint mind before. And I only posted it to Anetts thread. Not many people see the video thread
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #782
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what WTAs Anett plans on playing. Maybe she should play the 125K WTAs at the end of the year in India and Taiwan??? I cant' believe she only has 7 Pro tournaments left this year
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #783
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Does anyone know what WTAs Anett plans on playing. Maybe she should play the 125K WTAs at the end of the year in India and Taiwan??? I cant' believe she only has 7 Pro tournaments left this year
Depends to where she gets the wildcards.. As discussed earlier Bastad could be an option. But nobody probably knows at the moment.

Actually I think 7 tournaments is not that bad, considering in May and June she'll most likely play only juniors, then USO and a possible warmup Canadian Open covers at least another 3 weeks if you count travelling and acclimatization etc. She mentioned playing juniors in December, so it's probably Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl again. I guess she tries to be in top 10 again by the end of the year which would give some more JEs.

So what have we left - July (almost full), half August, half September, October and November, that's almost 2 Pro tournaments per month, which is totally ok I think.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #784
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Depends to where she gets the wildcards.. As discussed earlier Bastad could be an option. But nobody probably knows at the moment.

Actually I think 7 tournaments is not that bad, considering in May and June she'll most likely play only juniors, then USO and a possible warmup Canadian Open covers at least another 3 weeks if you count travelling and acclimatization etc. She mentioned playing juniors in December, so it's probably Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl again. I guess she tries to be in top 10 again by the end of the year which would give some more JEs.

So what have we left - July (almost full), half August, half September, October and November, that's almost 2 Pro tournaments per month, which is totally ok I think.
You're probably right. I think that she should not play US Open. I think she should have won all the G1 and G2s that Belinda did, which would have almost guarenteed her top 10 if she does decently well at wimbly, RG, TB and roehampton.

Last edited by chingching : May 15th, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #785
country flag chingching

Anett up to a career high of 419
If she can get around 115 points (thats including savitaipale, stockholm, almere, helsinki, glasgow and tampere) she will be top 300.
So if she can make 2 semis, a final and wins a 25K, she will basically be there comfortably. If she can qualify for a WTA International MD and win a round she will gain 46
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #786
country flag chingching

Anett is 3rd seed for Trofeo Bonfiglio
I just saw that she is ahead which really shocked me
Now she won't have Kulichkova or Danilina till the semis!!!!!!!
IMO, the only players who have a legitimate chance at beating Anett before semis are Uberalova, Vickery, Abanda and Kan and Abanda is bad on clay and I wouldn't say it's Sachia's best

Also, anyone interested in seeing how Diana Marcinkevica plays, she is playing on court now in Caserta (live stream available). I am curious how she beat Anett

Last edited by chingching : May 17th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #787
country flag chingching

An update on Marcinkevica, she is really good. Similar to Anett. Given the mistakes Diana makes though, I think she must have played exceptionally well to beat Anett so comfortably. But seeing her play, I am not totally surprised she won. Should beat Krunic here and make SF!!
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #788
country flag chingching

Trofeo Bonfiglio Draw:
(1)Anna Danilina (KAZ) v Kathinka von Deichmann (LIE)
Christina Makarova (USA) v Q/LL
Diana Bogoliy (UKR) v Katerina Siniakova (CZE)
(13)Iva Mekovec (CRO) v Marie Benoit (BEL)

(10)Carol Zhao (CAN) v (wc)Fiona Ferro (ITA)
Daria Salnikova (RUS) v Victoria Rodriguez (MEX)
Megane Bianco (SUI) v (wc)Maria Masini (ITA)
(5)Maria Ines Deheza (BOL) v Rebecca Peterson (SWE)

(3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Kimberley Zimmermann (BEL)
Alina Silich (RUS) v Q/LL
Mai El Kamash (EGY) v (wc)Giulia Pairone (ITA)
(15)Jennifer Brady (USA) v Emily Fanning (NZL)

(9)Victoria Kan (RUS) v Erin Routliffe (CAN)
Su Jeong Jang (KOR) v Aldila Sutjiadi (INA)
(wc)Deborah Chiesa (ITA) v Q/LL
(6)Laura Pigossi (BRA) v Petra Uberalova (SVK)

(8)Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA) v Deborah Kerfs (BEL)
(wc)Angelica Moratelli (ITA) v Q/LL
Oleksandra Korashvili (UKR) v Olga Doroshina (RUS)
(11)Marcela Zacarias (MEX) v Dominika Paterova (CZE)

(14)Ilka Csoregi (ROU) v Q/LL
Blair Shankle (USA) v Laura Ucros (COL)
Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) v Natalia Vajdova (SVK)
(4)Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR) v (wc)Jasmine Paolini (ITA)

(7)Sachia Vickery (USA) v Marianna Zakarlyuk (UKR)
Ana Konjuh (CRO) v (wc)Alice Matteucci (ITA)
Varvara Flink (RUS) v Ipek Soylu (TUR)
(12)Francoise Abanda (CAN) v Q/LL

(16)Elise Mertens (BEL) v Ayaka Okuno (JPN)
Q/LL v Q/LL
Zarah Razafimahatratra (MAD) v Katrine Isabel Steffensen (USA)
(2)Elizaveta Kulichkova (RUS) v (wc)Beatrice Savignone (ITA)

Anett has by far the easiest draw of the top 4 seeds. Look at section 7 (Vickery, Konjuh, Flink and Abanda )
Her only real threats come in QF against Kan/Uberalova but I think she should get past them. And then in the semis, they're mainly hardcourt players except for Danilina (:rolleyes) and I don't see much trouble. Given the draw and Anett having the ability to work her way into tournaments, I think that she is one of the favourites

I wonder if she is playng doubles. If so, I hope its with Eva
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #789
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

I think the only 2 threats in the way to the final are Kan and Danilina.
Let's pray for a Kontaveit - Konjuh final
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #790
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I think the only 2 threats in the way to the final are Kan and Danilina.
Let's pray for a Kontaveit - Konjuh final
As I said, Konjuh actually has a shot. If she can get out of that 8th and gains some confidence, she could really ruffle some feathers. I really wanna watch Anett play on clay (it is her best surface) and if she makes semis, I do!!!!!!

Kontaveit/Konjuh for doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:43 AM   #791
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett's match is third today, but I guess we won't get any results anyway until all the matches are done?

Looks like they have rearranged the schedule, now 6th match of the day..

Last edited by muusa : May 21st, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM   #792
country flag chingching

Shame
I will find out tomorrow. I would expect her to win though
On brighter topics, Anett has reached Career High of 418
I only just realised that Anett has never lost to a player lower ranked than her in Pro circuit singles which is a wonderful achievement!!

Last edited by chingching : May 21st, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM   #793
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Only the semifinal and final are streamed right?
It seems so. But it's better than nothing
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM   #794
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I wonder if she is playng doubles. If so, I hope its with Eva
She plays doubles with Rebecca Peterson.

Still, kind an all Estonian pair
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM   #795
country flag Dan_Doe

With Danilina, Pigossi and Kan gone, Anett's road to the final is so easy