Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 141 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #2101
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Come on, guys. Five months ago Caroline was number one. If she wants to be one of the elite players she should welcome tough draws and rise to the challenge they present. The more experience she gets playing top players the faster she will realise how much better she needs to be to get back to the top. Early or late she is going to need to beat some tough players if she is ever going to start winning big titles again.
I think losing to non-top players should have given her the idea that her level of play wasn't up to par.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care much for tournaments that you really don't get to play your way into. I prefer Caro to start with a relatively easy match or two and have the difficulty keep increasing as she gets deeper into a tournament.

Caro herself has said that she needs to play a lot of matches to get a rhythm to her game. If Caro keeps getting very tough matches early in tournaments, it's gonna be difficult to get those matches that she needs.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #2102
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

Caro herself has said that she needs to play a lot of matches to get a rhythm to her game. If Caro keeps getting very tough matches early in tournaments, it's gonna be difficult to get those matches that she needs.
One of the reasons her draws are tougher is that she's been losing early to Vinci, Mchale, Hantuchova, Kanepi, Pennetta, Safarova, Goerges, Ivanovic, Kerber.

You want soft draws, you have to beat some of those players and keep your ranking high.
The 2nd half of this year is going to be like this. She will rarely have a soft quarter because she wont be the high seed in her quarter.
If that list of players beat her in early rounds, what's a soft draw?
You have to play well and make yourself the tough part of the draw
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #2103
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I just went browsing in GM and stumbled over this thread ...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458963

I am seriously lost for words .. but did find enough to report the report .. Let's see if the Mods react ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #2104
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I am seriously lost for words .. but did find enough to report the report .. Let's see if the Mods react ..
It looks like a Caro version of the Serena? and Ma$ha threads they have on general messages. As such I don't think they'd take action on it.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #2105
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It looks like a Caro version of the Serena? and Ma$ha threads they have on general messages. As such I don't think they'd take action on it.
I can see it's a couple of days old and still open, so you are probably right.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #2106
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I wouldn't count on it.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #2107
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but the Masha, Serena, are Serena & Masha lovers and Bartoli threads are meant to be amusing/funny while the primary motivation behind the Caro thread is to be mean. But mods love Caro bashing as much as regular members so no - don't expect them to take any action.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : May 12th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #2108
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yeah, but the Masha, Serena, are Serena & Masha lovers and Bartoli threads are meant to be amusing/funny while the primary motivation behind the Caro thread is to be mean. But mods love Caro bashing as much as regular members so no - don't expect them to take any action.
Yep. Ryan has already given his blessing to the thread. He thinks it hysterical ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #2109
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
To be honest it seems a little desperate to me. She should be beyond playing tournaments that small. If she can't beat the top players for a title then she deserves to be titleless in 2012.
There is no such thing as an undeserved title or an undeserved #1 ranking or an undeserved anything. You win and achieve anything by winning or obtaining the most points or whatever according to the rules. Tournaments are played that you have to beat the opponent you are drawn against - then the same the next round until we have a winner. If Caro or any other player wins a title in 2012 - they deserve it regardless of what other criteria some poster has dreamt up.
-------
On a different subject of draws and this is nothing to do with your post. A player must surely just welcome any draw easy or tough - and get on with it.. A draw is a draw and you play who you have to. There's nothing to be gained by wishing for draws or being negative when it comes out. Tough and Easy draws are way overstated anyway and even themselves out over time. And what percentage of tournaments do the top 4 seeds (or the top four players with the shortest odds - if that's a better way to assess it) reach the SF anyway.

If Caro gets a tough draw - she should just welcome a chance to play a top player. If she gets an Easy draw - she should welcome a chance to beat those players and play well. A draw is a draw and that's that. I want to see Caro play better than she has most of the year and that is a constant wish that doesn't change depending on the draw she gets.

As for the thing of worrying about her draws if she were to go outside the top 8 and her seeding meaning she can play a higher ranked player earlier. That's the least of my worries. No player stays outside the top 8 because of the draws they get. If a player staysout of the top 8 - it's because they weren't playing well enough to get into the top 8 pure and simple. And it's up to them to play better and work their way back.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #2110
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves to be title-less if she cannot beat top players? That's trollworthy,really although coming from Caro's biggest 'fan' DIAH I am not surprised.

It doesn't matter whom she beats, all she has to do is beat all players in her draw whatever their ranking is. It is not only top 10 who can play tennis.
In Madrid a player outside of top 100 made it to the semis unlike few of those top players.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #2111
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Whatever, I don't care about General Morons exhibiting their shallowness unless they attempt to do so here.
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #2112
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Whatever, I don't care about General Morons exhibiting their shallowness unless they attempt to do so here.
I don't care either. I rarely visit and never post at GM these days. It's only when a thread is mentionned here that my curiosity sometimes gets the better of me.

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #2113
marineblue

I bet you quickly regret it afterwards It is apparent that GM trolls are still obsessed with hating Caroline. #freakshow
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #2114
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
There is no such thing as an undeserved title or an undeserved #1 ranking or an undeserved anything. You win and achieve anything by winning or obtaining the most points or whatever according to the rules. Tournaments are played that you have to beat the opponent you are drawn against - then the same the next round until we have a winner. If Caro or any other player wins a title in 2012 - they deserve it regardless of what other criteria some poster has dreamt up.
-------
On a different subject of draws and this is nothing to do with your post. A player must surely just welcome any draw easy or tough - and get on with it.. A draw is a draw and you play who you have to. There's nothing to be gained by wishing for draws or being negative when it comes out. Tough and Easy draws are way overstated anyway and even themselves out over time. And what percentage of tournaments do the top 4 seeds (or the top four players with the shortest odds - if that's a better way to assess it) reach the SF anyway.

If Caro gets a tough draw - she should just welcome a chance to play a top player. If she gets an Easy draw - she should welcome a chance to beat those players and play well. A draw is a draw and that's that. I want to see Caro play better than she has most of the year and that is a constant wish that doesn't change depending on the draw she gets.

As for the thing of worrying about her draws if she were to go outside the top 8 and her seeding meaning she can play a higher ranked player earlier. That's the least of my worries. No player stays outside the top 8 because of the draws they get. If a player staysout of the top 8 - it's because they weren't playing well enough to get into the top 8 pure and simple. And it's up to them to play better and work their way back.
I do see your point but assuming that the draw is fairly weak I don't think it means much for a top ten player to win by facing no other player inside the top thirty. I don't just feel that way about Caroline either, I would say the same thing about any top ten player in an international level event. I just find it a little odd that she has decided to play that particular event. One possible motivation is desperation to win a title in 2012 as the field there will certainly be weaker than at any other event she has left this year.

I guess the opposite way to look at it is the success that Sara Errani has had on clay this year. Some people were really hyping her up as a contender at the bigger clay tournaments because she had won three titles on clay this year but those titles were all relatively small and look what happened when she played a top player in Madrid, she was destroyed 6-0 6-1.

For me Caroline has reached a level where she should be competing against the best and I find it hard to get excited at the thought of her playing small events. Copenhagen I can understand as she is key to the success of that tournament but I don't think she should be playing events like Guangzhou. To me that is taking a backward step. If it helps her to have greater success in Tokyo and Beijing I will gleefully admit that I was wrong but I feel that she should be focusing on the bigger events.

As far as her draws I think this is a rare time when we agree. "Easy" or "hard" she has to win her matches either way.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2115
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I bet you quickly regret it afterwards It is apparent that GM trolls are still obsessed with hating Caroline. #freakshow
Well, it's just a matter of "same shit - different day", ain't it?

Closed Thread